New stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll like it Rope. It balances different than the Huskies, but it performs bigtime. I can't believe what you had to give for it. I paid $479 for mine new, they were going up to $525. I like the caps, just give them time. Take the time to do the mod that OD talked about, it will become an animal.

You'll like it Rope. It balances different than the Huskies, but it performs bigtime. I can't believe what you had to give for it. I paid $479 for mine new, they were going up to $525. I like the caps, just give them time. Take the time to do the mod that OD talked about, it will become an animal.

It was 599.95 plus the bailout tax :laugh:

I hated the flip caps for a while as well. They do grow on ya though. That is a steep price for a 200, but with the economic insanity going on right now, who knows. Good luck with your 200, Rope, hope it treats you well.

Rope: you will hate the 200T oil cap if you even think of overfilling it... it WON'T go in.... and if you think it has... oil on the chap's and boots.

But... once you had a few spills, and about 5-10 tanks of break-in, you'll start to like the saw:greenchainsaw:

So... One stihl seems like a lonely number...

Last edited:
Rope: you will hate the 200T oil cap if you even think of overfilling it... it WON'T go in.... and if you think it has... we'll oil on the chap's and boots.

But... once you had a few spills, and about 5-10 tanks of break-in, you'll start to like the saw:greenchainsaw:

So... One stihl seems like a lonely number...

:laugh: lonely indeed the husky's were lonesome, I have enough
of each the combi and ht101 and the br600 then the 200 hundy
and all husky's after that seems only fitting because their big dawgs kick
for sure!

Space,

It is gratifying to see you rush in to help ole Rope. Is this your true character being displayed after peeling away layer upon layer of crusty nothingness?

You've underestimated me. I'm quite the altruistic philanthropist. Why, I don't even charge you or Darin a fee for my participation on this site. I think that speaks volumes. :)

Brian,

That ole Rope is a sly fox. Ya know he's coming out of the closet. He's a Stihl lover.

Joat

Rope, AOD has some good 009 semi-top handle saws you could use for backup or with a helper. Congratulations on the 200. Great saw. The power is amazing for such a small saw! I think it will take a good drop, just not on the brake handle. Ask me how I know this.........no, don't on second thought.:cry:

(Anybody have a ms200T brake handle they'd let go reasonable?)

Good luck deer hunting. Early rifle started here on Saturday. I will be at Sam's Throne near Mt. Judea this coming weekend. Actually will be teaching a bit of climbing! :clap: (rock climbing, that is..)

You've underestimated me. I'm quite the altruistic philanthropist. Why, I don't even charge you or Darin a fee for my participation on this site. I think that speaks volumes. :)

Space,

You have once again proven that old saying, "You get what you pay for".

Carry on,

Joat

Do you blame him?

No, actually not. Let's examine the evidence:

1. Rope was inexplicably whistling an Elvis tune when it happened.

2. The handle was covered in Brylcream.

Therefore, it was the invisible HAND of STIHL that pushed that sucker to the ground.

Nice work Tommie,

Joat

Space,

You have once again proven that old saying, "You get what you pay for".

Carry on,

Joat[/QUOTE

Sort of.....the 200 is a very good saw, but way over priced. I got a Jonsered 2139T (same saw as 338NE Husky) for $350 from an AS member store. with a ported muffler, it outcuts a 200T with screen removed. Well built saw, all the problems have been ironed out. Starts on 2nd crank (if the hokey
plunger bulb is pumped a couple times. Hpas to be choked if shut off for a couple minutes-that's about the only irritation, besides the front filter which clogs qucikly. Lighter than a 200T, not quite as well balanced.

No, actually not. Let's examine the evidence:

1. Rope was inexplicably whistling an Elvis tune when it happened.

2. The handle was covered in Brylcream.

Therefore, it was the invisible HAND of STIHL that pushed that sucker to the ground.

Nice work Tommie,

Joat

Thankya, thankya very much Joat. Ya see sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to make the sale,hehe

Back