New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy smokes that is an awsome set up. Love the chip top on the log truck. Talk about capacity!

I'm looking at a 2018 19xpc with the 165hp gm motor with 740hrs for 55 Grand. Always garaged and in top shape. Not thrilled to go gas but I think it will be a lot more productive than my diesel 97hp 1390xp 15 inch chipper. Thoughts anyone?
I have the 1390XP with the 142hp 4.4L Cat diesel. Great power to capacity ratio. Got it at 2 hours.

Think a 165hp petrol on a 19" would be undergunned. In our climate, industrial petrol means fire as well, ie: they run too hot & simply catch fire. Personally would hold out for a diesel.

Largest operator in my region recently got his second 21" Bandit, harnessed to a brand new HR (three axle) Isuzu. Conservatively, think that set-up would be around $600K AUD. Previously had been the only regional operator running a HR chipper truck, albeit with a much more cost effective set-up. Think decent size chippers are much better on bigger trucks.

got a chipper question, as far as I know the "crush cylinder" actually lifts the top feed roller, unless im missing something it should be called a lift cylinder and not a crush cylinder?
I did see 1 guy say that it crushes, but thats it
info for an older (90's model if I had to say) bandit 250XP to be specific

How many hours do you generally put on your Bandit before doing the knives?

I aim for about 50 hours before a rotate or putting sharpened knives on. Comes around quickly, but makes it so much easier on machine & better quality chip for re-sale.
Funny, with my little bandit 1390xp with perkins 97hp diesel we change about every 20hrs. That is machine feeding massive grapple loads of brush at a time. I bet if I were hand feeding it would be more like 50hrs

Holy smokes that is an awsome set up. Love the chip top on the log truck. Talk about capacity!

I'm looking at a 2018 19xpc with the 165hp gm motor with 740hrs for 55 Grand. Always garaged and in top shape. Not thrilled to go gas but I think it will be a lot more productive than my diesel 97hp 1390xp 15 inch chipper. Thoughts anyone?
Get a diesel.

I have the 1390XP with the 142hp 4.4L Cat diesel. Great power to capacity ratio. Got it at 2 hours.

Think a 165hp petrol on a 19" would be undergunned. In our climate, industrial petrol means fire as well, ie: they run too hot & simply catch fire. Personally would hold out for a diesel.

Largest operator in my region recently got his second 21" Bandit, harnessed to a brand new HR (three axle) Isuzu. Conservatively, think that set-up would be around $600K AUD. Previously had been the only regional operator running a HR chipper truck, albeit with a much more cost effective set-up. Think decent size chippers are much better on bigger trucks
Thanks for the reply. It's tough because over here all the diesels have emissions equipment on them. If I could get a pre emmisions chipper new like you guys still can in Australia I would jump on that on a heartbeat.

We are mainly interested in the bigger chipper to chip large branches/bunches of brush machine feed and softwood pine trunks. I wish I could hold out for a diesel but I know the guy selling and he is pretty fussy about his equipment. Hard to pass up.

The feed systems are incredible on those machines, so you would definitely see gains there. I couldn’t deal with a gas chipper though. I’ll take my monthly topping off with def and clean air on the job site any day. Lol.

I’ll take my monthly topping off with def and clean air on the job site any day. Lol.
I go to look at this 250xp this afternoon, not sure which engine its got but I do know its a pre emissions diesel
also made before the 250xp got a winch, so I will have to do like reg did with his and mount my PWC on top to drag brush
I dont have your silly tv screens and crap running this, no push button throttle adjustment, not even sure its got autofeed, but its still a massive upgrade from stuffing into a trailer
of course, I dont have a chip box yet, so im going to be chipping into my trailer, which means 2 trips for each job till I get a chip box

I go to look at this 250xp this afternoon, not sure which engine its got but I do know its a pre emissions diesel
also made before the 250xp got a winch, so I will have to do like reg did with his and mount my PWC on top to drag brush
I dont have your silly tv screens and crap running this, no push button throttle adjustment, not even sure its got autofeed, but its still a massive upgrade from stuffing into a trailer
of course, I dont have a chip box yet, so im going to be chipping into my trailer, which means 2 trips for each job till I get a chip box

What year is it? What engine? Hours?

You can give bandit the serial numbers and order a winch for it/put it on yourself, or have it done. I did this on my 1990 76hp 200+ bandit. Don’t put an electric winch on it, please. Lol

What year is it? What engine? Hours?

You can give bandit the serial numbers and order a winch for it/put it on yourself, or have it done. I did this on my 1990 76hp 200+ bandit. Don’t put an electric winch on it, please. Lol
not sure any of that info, thats why im looking at it later today
saw him drive by with the chipper and stumper, we just finished up a removal and the customer wanted the stump ground, dude came by to look at it and we asked about the chipper, in spanglish: "bandito 250xp, we run it every day! 15000 cash takes it, new clutch, come look at it!"
so we are looking at it lol, definitely a good price, and the guy runs his company with it every day, and put the money into it for a clutch, so it has to be atleast halfway decent
thoughts on chipping logs vs throwing in the trailer? I signed up for chipdrop last night, most people allow 5% logs in the load (less than 24" diameter and 36" long), in my opinion it would be better to chip anything that chipper will feed, and not handle logs more that I have to, but yall know more than I do, only chipper I have ran was a 5hp craftsman a friend gave me, and that was for about an hour before I said "F this thing, way too slow"

got a chipper question, as far as I know the "crush cylinder" actually lifts the top feed roller, unless im missing something it should be called a lift cylinder and not a crush cylinder?
I did see 1 guy say that it crushes, but thats it
info for an older (90's model if I had to say) bandit 250XP to be specific

Top cylinder does both - lift & crush. Chipper should have side levers near chute for manually lifting or pushing down top feed roller to add crushing & 'grip' force.

My experience with the 250XP's has been they are a great older unit, like anything, if maintained. Disc's scare me a bit these days, but would be a quantum leap for your business.

Logs to me represent additional income on a job - in mulch, fuelwood & potential timber production. Don't know the US at all, but still struggle to believe there isn't some kind of market for these items there?

Latest posts

Back