New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was supposed to go to a job the chipper owner is doing and see it run today, but he's on the other side of knoxville, so thats gonna have to wait, maybe tomorrow, hopefully he can maybe bring it by my place and we can chip some stuff, I dont want to drive across town to watch some dude throw wood in a chipper, plus I dont have to tow it home if he brings it by

was supposed to go to a job the chipper owner is doing and see it run today, but he's on the other side of knoxville, so thats gonna have to wait, maybe tomorrow, hopefully he can maybe bring it by my place and we can chip some stuff, I dont want to drive across town to watch some dude throw wood in a chipper, plus I dont have to tow it home if he brings it by

Right. And you won’t need Pa to drive you that way either! Lol

Total stump and goutweed removal, plus big existing hole in lawn filled with nice topsoil. Everything raked, seeded and mulched for lawn. These are the less exciting parts, but make the difference in the level of quality provided to the client. More of the same on two spruce stumps on the other side of fence, plus a huge ash the state half ass ground and pitched dirt/sand over. We do **** right. And fast. Three days and down to the finishing touches. We put the fence back up for the pooches too. How we roll, baby. LolF52B9DF8-28EB-4957-995B-4DB9BAA6D16E.jpeg

why so? had one eject itself from the machine?
at one point on another forum I saw a chipper have a knife go right into the chute, destroyed allot of parts, I think it was a drum

Greater centrifugal forces of the disc, more stress on bearings, more prone to jamming, in my experience.

Drums feel & sit solid, handle whole trees at their capacity, all day, everyday, more of a heavy duty industrial machine, in my experience. Remember making the shift from a 250xp to a drum, great machine, but was used to nursing bigger material in. With the 1390xp, just get the butt of whole tree in with the winch or loader & let it do it's thing.

Still looking forward to the 21" Bandit one day.

1390xp-jpg.988012

Attachments

• 1390XP.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 113
Total stump and goutweed removal, plus big existing hole in lawn filled with nice topsoil. Everything raked, seeded and mulched for lawn. These are the less exciting parts, but make the difference in the level of quality provided to the client. More of the same on two spruce stumps on the other side of fence, plus a huge ash the state half ass ground and pitched dirt/sand over. We do **** right. And fast. Three days and down to the finishing touches. We put the fence back up for the pooches too. How we roll, baby. LolView attachment 987959

Start to finish jobs are great, if quoted well. Set one apart from the 'norm'.

A good chipper is a game changer. Bandit makes nice machines.... instead of taking two trips you may be able to convince a lot of clients to let you "chip on site". I often have a $200-300 line item upsell in my proposals for hauling. It's win win even if they don't decide to do it.... especially with wood hauling.

I'm going to guess you're in a rural area, which works really well for that.

Oh and drum chippers are great but disk chippers are fine. You just need to maintain them. We put in new bolts and nuts every third time we tighten them. I've heard of bolts or parts of the knives breaking and it sounds like a machine gun in the chute. I've owned 3 disk chippers and one drum over the last 15 years and haven't had a problem.

Saw this guy in a huge hedge we trimmed the other day. Lots of nesting birds too.

20220509_133446.jpg

I'm going to guess you're in a rural area, which works really well for that.
around here nobody rural enough to chip into the woods has enough money for tree work, so they do it themselves and have friends video and upload to YT
im pushing ads in high end subdivisions, did a prune yesterday in a sub that I just about own at this point, lots of word of mouth, and actually cleaning up goes a long way

After a year long wait, we got our new stump grinder delivered yesterday, 2022 SC70TX with the new VSC cutting wheel, gonna take it out Monday for some massive ficus stumps. So far this year the company has got me 3 Bandit 18xl Intimidator chippers, a Vermeer 1800xl and this stump grinder. Nice having new stuff.SC70TX2.jpgSC70TX2.jpgVCS2.jpg

Total stump and goutweed removal, plus big existing hole in lawn filled with nice topsoil. Everything raked, seeded and mulched for lawn. These are the less exciting parts, but make the difference in the level of quality provided to the client. More of the same on two spruce stumps on the other side of fence, plus a huge ash the state half ass ground and pitched dirt/sand over. We do **** right. And fast. Three days and down to the finishing touches. We put the fence back up for the pooches too. How we roll, baby. LolView attachment 987959
a quality job!

went and looked at the 250xp, its a beast, runs excellent, no vibration with the disc spinning, new clutch 3 months ago
guy does not know the exact year it was built, and it appears the hour meter doesnt work, machine needs a few small parts but thats a job for tomorrow afternoon when i get it home, looking through the side panels it appears to be the 4bt cummins, got plenty of power for wet silver maple (dude shoved some 8-10" in there, and it ate whole logs without a single care)
going to be lightyears ahead of what Ive been running, had to buy a pintle (ran around town for a few hours, finally found one, turns out a 2 5/16" ball/pintle is a pain in the @$$ to find)

After a year long wait, we got our new stump grinder delivered yesterday, 2022 SC70TX with the new VSC cutting wheel, gonna take it out Monday for some massive ficus stumps. So far this year the company has got me 3 Bandit 18xl Intimidator chippers, a Vermeer 1800xl and this stump grinder. Nice having new stuff.View attachment 988198View attachment 988198View attachment 988199
Oh my look at that wheel! That's gonna grind through those ficus stumps in no time.

Why did the company get 3 bandit and 1 Vermeer chipper? Why not just 4 bandits?

How many guys do you have running these days to use all that nice equipment?

The feed systems are incredible on those machines, so you would definitely see gains there. I couldn’t deal with a gas chipper though. I’ll take my monthly topping off with def and clean air on the job site any day. Lol.
I'm really looking forward to the feed system in the gasser 19xpc. It should be far more productive than our current 15" chipper. We always stage all brush and then machine feed it as fast as we can. Most days the chipper is only running less than an hour. The fuel consumption shouldn't be a big issues. I'd rather have a diesel but not having a class A makes this chipper very appealing.

After a year long wait, we got our new stump grinder delivered yesterday, 2022 SC70TX with the new VSC cutting wheel, gonna take it out Monday for some massive ficus stumps. So far this year the company has got me 3 Bandit 18xl Intimidator chippers, a Vermeer 1800xl and this stump grinder. Nice having new stuff.View attachment 988198View attachment 988198View attachment 988199

Beast of a grinder.

Still waiting on my new Vermeer grinder (since December), supposed delivery was last week. Bit more constrained in my purchase though - only the SC382, no remote unfortunately, but will be brand new.

Latest posts

Back