New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would 4 ton capacity really be worth it? And if that's your max, what's the WLL?

Good questions. The pics I’ve seen look pretty impressive, all things considered. The worst, most inefficient part of lift/bucket work is the abuse of your upper body. I just can’t help but think what a load this thing would take off, even at only 72’. I can imagine it working behind/along side a lift that’s doing multiple yard trees, making piles for the giant on the plywood behind it. Envisioning a four person crew, one to run lift, one to run the Hoeflon, and one to run a giant and one general laborer for the chipper, etc. It’s just a thought. A pretty cool one though.

I can see where it’s limitations in capacity could be made up for by its convenience, light weight, ease of setup and ability to do the impossible in a remote access type situation. I can see it being a total game changer coupled with a spider lift and forwarding machine. The last piece of the backyard chess match, so to speak.

I can see where it’s limitations in capacity could be made up for by its convenience, light weight, ease of setup and ability to do the impossible in a remote access type situation. I can see it being a total game changer coupled with a spider lift and forwarding machine. The last piece of the backyard chess match, so to speak.
Thats a cool thought for the right jobs. Imagine one with a grapple! How much do they cost? $$$ I mean, you can repair a lot of yards or buy a lot of plywood for a lot less. It would definitely be innovative. Have you seen any other tree guys online use something like that?

Just got back from California. It's been a while but I'm always stunned by the ubiquitous topping and overpruning. It's the norm to thin 50%+ of the canopy and arbitrarily top every lead on the tree out there. An arborist who knows how to sell proper pruning methodology can do very well in Los Angeles.

all about how you use them

I cant get a silky blade to last nearly as long as people say they will
but, if I can get a few months out of a blade im happy, it stays on my saddle and gets used for little suckers and smaller limbs too close to a rope to use the trim saw

im liking the new thread, feels like less of a pissin contest
we are all human, none of us are better than anyone else
my sh*t dont stink
So says the Vanity Manatee, and Vlad the Pukin *****

A big crane is a definite thought someday, but I have to say, this thread I saw somewhere on the Hoeflon C10 mini crane has really gotten my interest. I mean how cool would something like that be for lending a hand on backyard spider lift removals. Might just be one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. I could almost see paying off the first lift and adding something like this down the line. Similar cost to the Omme’s and about 1200 pounds less. Think about it, same trailers, same plywood, mats, whatever. It’s a really interesting thought to me.

I think the idea has merit & the great efficiency's being similar scale to the spider lifts.

But I just can't see that machine being durable enough for day in, day out tree work.

There is a thread on another forum about the Hoeflon 10. The guy loves it and it is impressive for such a small machine. I can’t remember his name or where he is located. I’d love to see it in action though.
The CMC and I are no longer friends. Thing decided to freak out and left me about 8 feet in the air on Saturday. I bailed and overrode the system. Apparently that’s not what I was supposed to do. Today I had to use that bottle jack type manual override to finish stowing the boom and lift the outriggers. That wore three of us out and took till noon. Spent the rest of the day looking at estimates, picked up 25 new mats, and helped the mechanic with his crane issues. Got that down to a bad wire but all the electric valves use the same color wires and are in the harness together. The wiring diagram wasn’t important enough to make it in the owners manual I guess🤬.
EDIT:
I just checked and the guy with the Hoeflon 10 is in Rhode Island. Also we will both be attending the same class at the end of the month. He will probably be sick of me by the time it’s over. That thing is cool.

So I hit the road at about 3:15 (am) last night to head down the Pensi for these little additions. Got back into town at 6:45 or something like that. Long day. I don’t know which I’m more excited about though. That trailer is a beast, seems perfect for what we need. The power up and down is kinda mind blowing. Can’t wait to try it with a lift tomorrow. Should be able to load it, have it stay there, and just press the button to lower it down and lock it. Plus this thing can tow anything else I have in the yard too. Very versatile. Gonna need a little tweaking and adding on to get it to really flow into things. Needs a box and could use a couple well placed d-rings, a containment of some set to isolate the Dika pads, etc, but that’s almost fun. I’ll probably cut the spare tire rack off for loading the machine over the sides too. (I almost stopped then from adding it, but it was too late. Minor stuff though, like a said. Just gotta get it dialed in eventually.
33E4F92C-5A7C-495C-8128-E22D468CCCF4.jpegEF8BBD8C-DC5C-496D-924A-BC0F811BF1AD.jpeg7DB729B5-C1DD-4540-8AD9-63736C20D31A.jpeg584AC0C6-07CF-48CA-9B45-B8A2E9828CC7.jpeg

There is a thread on another forum about the Hoeflon 10. The guy loves it and it is impressive for such a small machine. I can’t remember his name or where he is located. I’d love to see it in action though.
The CMC and I are no longer friends. Thing decided to freak out and left me about 8 feet in the air on Saturday. I bailed and overrode the system. Apparently that’s not what I was supposed to do. Today I had to use that bottle jack type manual override to finish stowing the boom and lift the outriggers. That wore three of us out and took till noon. Spent the rest of the day looking at estimates, picked up 25 new mats, and helped the mechanic with his crane issues. Got that down to a bad wire but all the electric valves use the same color wires and are in the harness together. The wiring diagram wasn’t important enough to make it in the owners manual I guess🤬.
EDIT:
I just checked and the guy with the Hoeflon 10 is in Rhode Island. Also we will both be attending the same class at the end of the month. He will probably be sick of me by the time it’s over. That thing is cool.

Haha. Yeah, it is cool. I read the entire thread.

Back