New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got 2 of the 4 bids today, did 2 others for a dude, I sorta overbid on purpose, dude kept trying to tell me how to do my job, and "you wont get your truck stuck in the yard", he's a landscaper, not a tree guy, kept telling me to top his crape myrtles, I refused

note to customer: If I get stuck in your yard after you say I wont get stuck, im sending you the tow bill, and it wont be cheap

I've been surprised at the towing rates around here. A winch out for the bucket truck $100. Had to tow it once full of chips 5 miles to the shop $175. Seems cheap

I've been surprised at the towing rates around here. A winch out for the bucket truck $100. Had to tow it once full of chips 5 miles to the shop $175. Seems cheap
when I first bought my truck it had issues with tail lights, so we called about towing it, $120 just for the guy to hook it to the wrecker, then a mileage charge

add a trailer, loaded with wood, and having to winch it 250ft across someone's yard, itll probably be $4-500

when I first bought my truck it had issues with tail lights, so we called about towing it, $120 just for the guy to hook it to the wrecker, then a mileage charge

add a trailer, loaded with wood, and having to winch it 250ft across someone's yard, itll probably be $4-500

Lol. “Them’s the breaks”.:laugh:

If your brake lights don't work you just switch your running lights on and off when you're braking
was all fuc*ed up
like brakes doing reverse, blinkers doing brakes, etc
I think we just pulled out the offending bulbs and drove it home with 1 brake light and no blinkers lol
the lights all work now, and I got a trailer lit up like a christmas tree for lights anyways, even got me new headlights
before anyone comments, the mirrors have been fixed, this was a mirror I got off a parts truck, my other one lost the coating on the inside and was no longer reflective

1651976563731.png1651976550026.png

Finally got around to taking it off and bringing it to a real welder yesterday. Came out beautiful. Gonna paint it up a little and put it back together Saturday. I probably could’ve taken the transition off without the machine, but it was handy and why hurt your back. Nice to have that (almost) off my head. Such a beautiful machine otherwise.
View attachment 986083
View attachment 986084View attachment 986085View attachment 986086
If that were my chipper I would of wanted it sent back to bandit and had it repaired as if it were being factory remanufactured. That is of course if it were under warranty. I am all about the factory paint and keeping it perfect.

Why do you think it failed like that?

If that were my chipper I would of wanted it sent back to bandit and had it repaired as if it were being factory remanufactured. That is of course if it were under warranty. I am all about the factory paint and keeping it perfect.

Why do you think it failed like that?

I originally wanted a new part painted my color, as it was still under warranty when it started, but Bandit insisted that first the dealer try to fix it (you can see the pathetic attempt). Time went by, I was busy as hell, etc. and the warranty passed. Even though the dealer said they’d stand by their work I got sick of dragging it down there. I think the last time they insisted I drive the hour and a half down there just so they could look at it in person, claimed bandit required it (like that pic wasn’t enough!!??). Eventually they got what they wanted and I just gave up. No time for that ********. It’s now stronger than new and my welder only charged me $360. Good enough after all that.

My welder said it cracked from vibration where there was a slight toe where two welds on the upper corner didn’t quite meet, or overlap into each other enough (something like that).

I’m just glad it’s over. That was the biggest issue that’s been on my mind with the equipment for a long time.

was all fuc*ed up
like brakes doing reverse, blinkers doing brakes, etc
I think we just pulled out the offending bulbs and drove it home with 1 brake light and no blinkers lol
the lights all work now, and I got a trailer lit up like a christmas tree for lights anyways, even got me new headlights
before anyone comments, the mirrors have been fixed, this was a mirror I got off a parts truck, my other one lost the coating on the inside and was no longer reflective

View attachment 986772View attachment 986771

We'll call her 'Moonshine'....

got a weight reduction prune on a fairly damaged oak today, some rot starting in the base, I was going to sound it but didnt have my axe with me, what do yall think of increment borers? I think having one in the truck would help allot for identifying rot holes that arent visible
not sure if I posted this pic before, but this poplar sounded really good when I gave it a few whacks with my axe, however it was actually hollow enough for me to stand in the stump (hole went about 4ft into the ground)

sounding vs boring?

1652094471063.png

so much for that prune, showed up, dogs were out and they moved a car directly under the tree, I go to knock on the door and get bit 3 times, dad knocks and gets bit twice, I texted and called with no answer, we left

good way to start the day
ffs

picked up a job on the way home from that one, pear tree damaged by the recent storm, 1/3 fell on the garage (second tree on garage for me)
testing out my new saddle, the treemotion is pretty nice, lower d's actually made to be used, and be comfortable while using them, unlike my old saddle

I originally wanted a new part painted my color, as it was still under warranty when it started, but Bandit insisted that first the dealer try to fix it (you can see the pathetic attempt). Time went by, I was busy as hell, etc. and the warranty passed. Even though the dealer said they’d stand by their work I got sick of dragging it down there. I think the last time they insisted I drive the hour and a half down there just so they could look at it in person, claimed bandit required it (like that pic wasn’t enough!!??). Eventually they got what they wanted and I just gave up. No time for that ********. It’s now stronger than new and my welder only charged me $360. Good enough after all that.

My welder said it cracked from vibration where there was a slight toe where two welds on the upper corner didn’t quite meet, or overlap into each other enough (something like that).

I’m just glad it’s over. That was the biggest issue that’s been on my mind with the equipment for a long time.
I see. that all makes sense. Anfter a while if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Looks like the welder really did a nice job. Paint job looks pretty good if I may say? You have some experience with that green paint! What's the name of that color or is it a close guarded secret?

I think I saw a ******** post about treevet going with the cmc 92. From what I remember he dawged on you pretty good for using a lift. Funny how things work out in the end.

My easy lift will be here next month. Fingers crossed. These ash trees are getting bad over here in western Massachusetts.

got 2 of the 4 bids today, did 2 others for a dude, I sorta overbid on purpose, dude kept trying to tell me how to do my job, and "you wont get your truck stuck in the yard", he's a landscaper, not a tree guy, kept telling me to top his crape myrtles, I refused

note to customer: If I get stuck in your yard after you say I wont get stuck, im sending you the tow bill, and it wont be cheap

One of the best things I've ever bought is a telescopic knuckle-boom crane. We use it for so much stuff. Got a truck and larger chipper stuck in the timber a few weeks back. They pulled into a spot with trees right on the front bumper and close to both sides of the truck. Nowhere to back up or turn the truck in any way and it just sunk. I knew it was going to happen but I didn't say anything. Sometimes not saying anything is a good way to let people learn.

So the truck is buried maybe 7-8 inches. That truck isn't going anywhere. I finally said to pull the crane to a nice dry spot a ways behind the chipper. We ran chains all the way to the frame, shot the boom out all the way and just pulled it out that way. Piece of cake. Super versatile piece of equipment. I love it.

Back