New to me MS880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went to a guys house tonight to trade my Stump Grinder for a 14x7 Dump trailer. He had a saw he was wanting to sell. It's was a MS880 with a brand new 36inch ba and chain. The saw also came with a older 36inch bar and a few more used but still good chains. This saw is 6 months old and hasn't been abused. I struck a deal after I left (didn't have cash with me) for 1k. I will get the saw tomorrow and post some pics. Man that thing is a hoss. I can't wait to try it out. I don't know why I bought it. I really don't need it.

Oh the drump trailer is very nice it's an 05 Bri-Mar with 7k pound axles. Has the 3 way gate and slide in ramps with d rings in the floor.

Scott

I went to a guys house tonight to trade my Stump Grinder for a 14x7 Dump trailer. He had a saw he was wanting to sell. It's was a MS880 with a brand new 36inch ba and chain. The saw also came with a older 36inch bar and a few more used but still good chains. This saw is 6 months old and hasn't been abused. I struck a deal after I left (didn't have cash with me) for 1k. I will get the saw tomorrow and post some pics. Man that thing is a hoss. I can't wait to try it out. I don't know why I bought it. I really don't need it.

Oh the drump trailer is very nice it's an 05 Bri-Mar with 7k pound axles. Has the 3 way gate and slide in ramps with d rings in the floor.

Scott

congrats on the saw..btw..check you pm's

Here is a pic nothing major. I have a tree removal next week that has Ms880 written all over it. I was using a 046 Magnum with a 36inch bar for my big stuff. I know that is to much bar for that saw. Now I can have the proper saw and bar combo. I'm going to buy a 24 inch for the 046. That will fill the gap.

Scott

Ah.... so that's the "beast" the bible talks about.:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

I wouldn't expect for a 6 month old non abused saw to have most of the paint worn off the handle like it is on the bar side.

It looks like more than 6 months old to me or it has been used quite a bit.

It has spent it's time riding in a chip truck. It has been used but not what i would consider a lot. I know the owner an how he treats his stuff.

Scott

Looks like a nice saw and a good deal. Good luck with the dump trailer, I love mine. One of my best purchases to date.

"I can loose the handle paint in one job..." Yup when the paint is intact that is when I get worried. It looks good to me but pulling the muffler is the best indicator of how the saw was treated. I have never run an 880 but I hope to someday even if it is just for a few cuts. I think if Tim the toolman had a saw it would be an 880.

Back