new updated 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All those starts? Damn thing stalls an awfull lot. .:hmm3grin2orange:

Funny thing about the auto tune memory. It shows how people really use a saw. It may surprise you how most people use outdoor power equipment. I was taken back by my own habits. Crazy how much time most saws run at idle

i have said it before , is it just me or is there a lot of problem husky threads lately

:msp_ohmy:

i have said it before , is it just me or is there a lot of problem husky threads lately

:msp_ohmy:

Sure seems to be that way. :msp_mellow: And even though i lean towards the Husky side you dont seem to here many dramas from the Stihl camp.

Last edited:
My MS441R-CM was doing the samething and I performed the 1 minute calibration and that fixed it. I do not know if Husky has a procedure for calibrating, but if they do you might want to try that.

yeah they do its 3-5 min under a full load without letting up on the throttle

yeah they do its 3-5 min under a full load without letting up on the throttle

Thats kind of impossible to do really, as fast as a 562 will cut imagine how big the log has to be to run full throttle for 3 minutes. I just got my second 562 yesterday and i made about 20 long noodle cuts and its fine.

Thats kind of impossible to do really, as fast as a 562 will cut imagine how big the log has to be to run full throttle for 3 minutes. I just got my second 562 yesterday and i made about 20 long noodle cuts and its fine.

did you have any issues off the throttle before you did that, my dealer said they did the 3-5 minute cut before i picked it up

did you have any issues off the throttle before you did that, my dealer said they did the 3-5 minute cut before i picked it up

No not this one i didn't this one screamed right out if the box, but i had a lot of trouble with the first one from the get go.

Im not saying your full of BS in anyway i even read that in the manual but it seems kind of hard to find a log to run wide open for 3-5 minutes straight in.

No not this one i didn't this one screamed right out if the box, but i had a lot of trouble with the first one from the get go.

Im not saying your full of BS in anyway i even read that in the manual but it seems kind of hard to find a log to run wide open for 3-5 minutes straight in.

It obviously doesn't have to be just one cut...;)

Im a stihl guy, and I recently got a 562 and its really messed up. Out of the box it ran fine, first job I brought it on it started acting up. Wouldn't stay running, won't idle, bogs horrible until its hits wot and soon as I let up dies. I brought it home and messed with the fuel lines thinking one was kinked. And it ran great again for about half a tank. Then same thing. I noticed when running good the primer bulb is full, then it starts acting up and primer bulb is barely full and won't prime full or fill when running. So its starving for gas. Im finally bringing it back to our company dealer Saturday. I haven't had a chance because it's two hours from my division. Hopefully just swap for another new one. Or order a new carb. I think it has a bad carb myself.

Im a stihl guy, and I recently got a 562 and its really messed up. Out of the box it ran fine, first job I brought it on it started acting up. Wouldn't stay running, won't idle, bogs horrible until its hits wot and soon as I let up dies. I brought it home and messed with the fuel lines thinking one was kinked. And it ran great again for about half a tank. Then same thing. I noticed when running good the primer bulb is full, then it starts acting up and primer bulb is barely full and won't prime full or fill when running. So its starving for gas. Im finally bringing it back to our company dealer Saturday. I haven't had a chance because it's two hours from my division. Hopefully just swap for another new one. Or order a new carb. I think it has a bad carb myself.

Depending on the saws serial number, there is an issue with the fuel line becoming kinked. Could be your problem, sounds like it if the primer bulb is doing that.

I just don't get it. I have a late 2011 model, just after the recall, and have had absolutely no issues. Granted I do not run my saw every day for a living, but after about 25 tanks one would think that if there were problems, they would have shown.

I even asked my dealer if he has seen or heard of any issues and he has yet to see one come back.

There is no doubt my saw has gotten stronger than when I first got it. The saw runs effortlessly through big wood and is the smoothest saw I've run. As a result, I run longer with fewer breaks.

View attachment 283111View attachment 283112

I'd like to add a couple things.

I read the manual and it said to run at least 3-5 min. @ WOT. I had some huge rounds I rolled out into the woods that were tree crotches. I burned at least a half tank making parralel cuts non stop in the rounds. When I looked down my right foot was buried in chips up to the middle of my calf. (steep hillside).:chainsaw:

My Dealer modifies the saws before he even starts them. He installs a one way check valve on the tank vent and then caps off the inlet into the carb where the line ran. He said he hasn't had one come back yet after having a problem with an initial sale, and he sells a pile of them.

I like the auto tune so much I ordered a 550XPG but it won't be in till the end of the month.:mad2:

I read the manual and it said to run at least 3-5 min. @ WOT. I had some huge rounds I rolled out into the woods that were tree crotches. I burned at least a half tank making parralel cuts non stop in the rounds. When I looked down my right foot was buried in chips up to the middle of my calf. (steep hillside).:chainsaw:

...in addition, the owner's manual calls for 1:50 ratio and I have heard guys on here running 1:32.

My Dealer modifies the saws before he even starts them. He installs a one way check valve on the tank vent and then caps off the inlet into the carb where the line ran. He said he hasn't had one come back yet after having a problem with an initial sale, and he sells a pile of them.

Take a moment and think about that, somebody has to get there story a bit more in-line with reality.

Take a moment and think about that, somebody has to get there story a bit more in-line with reality.

OK, I've taken a moment, there was nothing to think about, it is not a story, no allignment with reality is necessary. I am telling you how my dealer sets up the 562XP's.

Would you care to elaborate what your concern is?

The vent from the tank can allow raw fuel to enter the carb which can lead to hot start issues.

Latest posts

Back