Next Mich mini GTG- Oct, 7th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELSEL said:
EJ has one of the best line ups of raceing saw I have ever seen.He has everything from alky 3 cubes to 440 cc alky nitro burning bikesaws.

He has a 2100 husky that is very fast Phill won Nelsonville with that saw.
He also has a few 166 dolmars with 090 jugs (a few 6 to be exact) His 3120 flat @ss flys.

That is just to list a few of the saws that he will have at Marks. We don't want to forget about the bone stock 7900 that spanked the Blind River Ont. race lol. hahahahahah Timberret@rd & Croftnuts. :biggrinbounce2:

Rick

rick, I heard you wont be able to make it.

The Paul Bunyon show in Ohio is that weekend.It is invite only.They are taking 85 hotsaws in. Ej was just a bit late getting in so he didnt make it.So he desided to go to Marks GTG. I am 100% sure you guys will all like EJ he is a heck of a nice guy and a very very good racer.

The show in Ohio is a 3 day show The Masters on Fri. The Ohio state championship on Sat. The open competition on Sun. I will post results from Ohio right here on this thread. Good luck Casey.

Rick

HELSEL said:
The Paul Bunyon show in Ohio is that weekend.It is invite only.They are taking 85 hotsaws in. Ej was just a bit late getting in so he didnt make it.So he desided to go to Marks GTG. I am 100% sure you guys will all like EJ he is a heck of a nice guy and a very very good racer.

The show in Ohio is a 3 day show The Masters on Fri. The Ohio state championship on Sat. The open competition on Sun. I will post results from Ohio right here on this thread. Good luck Casey.

Rick

We will miss ya, good luck to you.

CaseyForrest said:
hey Mark......Ive got something for you.
Bet it says 025 on it,thanks Chris. I got a saw that may need to ride with you back to Brians shop.See ya Saturday.Oh ya, the old lady said she is making chili for us this time.

Anyone that wants to come and have some fun can call me at the following #'s if you need directions or info.
Shop/Home-989-348-3355
cell 989-619-4548

Mark

bwalker said:
I would love to make this one, but I am stuck in AnnArbor with a sick baby.
I grew up spending the summer in Frederic with my Great granfather who lived on the corner of 612 and Manistee river rd and with my uncle John Harmer who grew up in the area and retired to a place on the Asuable just south of town.

We would love to have you here but you take care of your baby,hope it's nothing bad,good luck.

manual said:
Let see 70 miles cross state from where I live Hmmmm.
We will see. is this a family thing or what?
I have horses and goats that the kids would have fun with,ya, it's a family thing,come on and join us, everybody was so nice last time and I'm sure it will be a nice get together.
Mark

HELSEL said:

Rick
Good luck in Ohio Rick,I'll miss you being here.
Mark

carvinmark said:
Bet it says 025 on it,thanks Chris. I got a saw that may need to ride with you back to Brians shop.See ya Saturday.Oh ya, the old lady said she is making chili for us this time.

That reminds me, last time I had a cooler full of food!!! There has to be something we can bring as far as food. Drinks....something.

CaseyForrest said:
That reminds me, last time I had a cooler full of food!!! There has to be something we can bring as far as food. Drinks....something.
Every little bit helps.Last time I was in your cooler after drinks quite a bit.Party store is about 5 miles from my house too.

Sounds likt EJ has an arsonal of saws.... They will make my fast pair of saws look like carving knifes. :laugh:

I forgot about Paul Bunyon. Last I heard, there was talks of having it in cambridge??? Any truth to that Rick? If so, what happened to it being in Nelsonville? If it is in cambridge, I may head down there on Sunday after I get back from MI

Has anyone contacted Dave Nieger to see if he would attend the GTG? I know he's in MI, but not sure of his whereabouts. He would be a great guy to have there, and would bring a couple saws that would run like scalded cats.

I'm going to bring my old poulan 5500 too. It isn't anything spectacular, other than it is a 90cc old poulan made by dolmar. I haven't even modded the muffler and it has 404 semi chisel chain on it. lol. I'd love to make that one fast for the Vintage class one of these days. lol It is a torque monster and heavy as a boat anchor too!

So who all is coming for sure?

Freakingstang said:
I'm going to bring my old poulan 5500 too. It isn't anything spectacular, other than it is a 90cc old poulan made by dolmar. I haven't even modded the muffler and it has 404 semi chisel chain on it. lol. I'd love to make that one fast for the Vintage class one of these days. lol It is a torque monster and heavy as a boat anchor too!

Thought you were selling that saw? Was gonna try and maybe beat it out of ya over Thanksgiving when I am home...AND, if there is a GTG in that week before the holiday, I would surely come to that...just without saw. Even so, it would be nice to put faces with the names! So, if anyone volunteers, I'll be there...might be a little cold though...a big bonfire might help.

Josh

If there will be less than 10-12 people I can bring some italian sausages done up with marinara sauce with onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc in the crock pot, but if there is more people, I don't think I can fit more than 12 sausages in the crockpot.

Just a suggestion. No one has to feel obligated to them. lol. I just thought the crock pot idea because I would be traveling. I can donate beer and steaks or whatever else if anyone is willing to grill em up.

I'll be there for sure.

I'm probably bringing the 075, 066, 7900, and maybe the SEZAuto and 3400 for kicks.

I might bring this little Orline Mustang I got for a fiver at an estate sale yesterday, too, if I can get it running. Nothing quite like racing a 1.3ci geardrive saw, right?

computeruser said:
I'll be there for sure.

I'm probably bringing the 075, 066, 7900, and maybe the SEZAuto and 3400 for kicks.

I might bring this little Orline Mustang I got for a fiver at an estate sale yesterday, too, if I can get it running. Nothing quite like racing a 1.3ci geardrive saw, right?

Do you know if you are leaving from Detroit, or EL?

CaseyForrest said:
Do you know if you are leaving from Detroit, or EL?

I'll be leaving from here, so far as I know. I really want to go and see some old stuff in West Branch and Gladwin this time, but that is probably more than I can reasonably fit into one day. Are we the only ones coming up from Lansing?

Sure wish you guys lived a weeeee bit closer. Wouldnt mind cutting a few cookies and meeting others from the site again. Have met some really nice people so far from the gtg here. I do got a 3 day weekend off that week, but you still are 7 hours away from me too. Getting old and tired of the drives, used to live in MT and drive 32-36 hours back to ohio in my teens. Getting lazy I guess. Keep us posted guys. Pics + times etc. Have fun.

Back