Next Mich mini GTG- Oct, 7th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,
I've done the drive to Dave Neigers just to pick up some saws, is it in the same vacinity? If so, perhaps I'll look into taking the ferry across from Milwaukee to Muskegon. No funny comments now guys, I said Muskegon not Saugatuck!

BIGBORE577 said:
Hey,
I've done the drive to Dave Neigers just to pick up some saws, is it in the same vacinity? If so, perhaps I'll look into taking the ferry across from Milwaukee to Muskegon. No funny comments now guys, I said Muskegon not Saugatuck!
Not sure where Dave lives but my house is near Grayling/Gaylord .My address is;
11147 Sherman rd
Frederic,Mich

computeruser said:
I'll be leaving from here, so far as I know. I really want to go and see some old stuff in West Branch and Gladwin this time, but that is probably more than I can reasonably fit into one day. Are we the only ones coming up from Lansing?

As far as I know, yes. I dont think Wally is going. And Steve would have a shorter trip if he goes straight there.

BIGBORE577 said:
Hey,

LOL...yeah, we dont wany any Saugatuck people around!!!

carvinmark said:
Not sure where Dave lives but my house is near Grayling/Gaylord .My address is;
11147 Sherman rd
Frederic,Mich

Mark,
Dave lives about 40mi.south of Manton.

Rick

Hi, I sent a box full of goodies up to Mark's, it should get there tommorrow. Hope all yall have a good time and enjoy. Tony

Uwharrie said:
Hi, I sent a box full of goodies up to Mark's, it should get there tommorrow. Hope all yall have a good time and enjoy. Tony

Good on you. Thanks for being kind and thinking about all the saw junkies out there that thought a gathering would help ease their saw tendoncies. Truth be known, it only makes matters worse. lol

Thanks again for donating stuff to the GTG. Can't wait to see what goodies are in store for the AS members.

Uwharrie said:
Thanks Tony!!!!!!!!Fed Ex showed up today with a box full of goodys for everybody that is coming.That was sure nice of you.
I just finished cutting up the poplar logs for our comp and we got chili preped in anticipation for all who show.Now if I only had a hot saw to compete,oh well, watching is alot of fun.I look forward to seeing you all.
Mark

The chilli might hit the spot with the cold weather front moving in.

I don't have any real hotsaws, but anyone can run any of the saws I bring. I don't know how you did the last GTG, but if 10 people show up and there is only 5 saws, anyone can run mine or any one else's.

It is a friendly GTG, not a full on I hate you kind of ordeal, right? After all, this is what is all about. Getting everyone together to run and talk saws, mills, B.S. about daily life, eat some good food (I love chilli, hope it is spicy!!!), etc.

Any new comers to the list? Mark, I don't know when I am leaving for sure, but I'll let you know. I'll send you a Pm with my number, in case there is any problems. I'll do the same to casey and brandon.

Looking forward to having some fun and meeting everyone.

Steve...Friendly GTG.

Im only bringing the 361 to see how it does between the 16" and the 20".

Im also bringing the 660 and the mill so you can take a look at the muffler. And so Mark can get a look at how it is to run.

I was think of bringing the 7900, 066, and 075.

If anyone has a big Stihl bar in 3/8 (Mark?), it might be interesting to try making a couple big, buried cuts in the huge logs out by the road and compare the performance of the 075 and 084 in a crosscutting application.

Freakingstang said:
The chilli might hit the spot with the cold weather front moving in.

I don't have any real hotsaws, but anyone can run any of the saws I bring. I don't know how you did the last GTG, but if 10 people show up and there is only 5 saws, anyone can run mine or any one else's.

It is a friendly GTG, not a full on I hate you kind of ordeal, right? After all, this is what is all about. Getting everyone together to run and talk saws, mills, B.S. about daily life, eat some good food (I love chilli, hope it is spicy!!!), etc.

Any new comers to the list? Mark, I don't know when I am leaving for sure, but I'll let you know. I'll send you a Pm with my number, in case there is any problems. I'll do the same to casey and brandon.

Looking forward to having some fun and meeting everyone.

It's just for fun Steve and we will enjoy ourselves,I'll have Shelley add some spices to part of the chili-I just can't do spicy food.
Rick said that EJ would be here for sure with bike saws but I haven't heard from him.Have a safe trip,looking forward to meeting you.
Mark

computeruser said:
I was think of bringing the 7900, 066, and 075.

If anyone has a big Stihl bar in 3/8 (Mark?), it might be interesting to try making a couple big, buried cuts in the huge logs out by the road and compare the performance of the 075 and 084 in a crosscutting application.
That would be fun if we can get my 084 going right,but all my big Stihl stuff is 404. Does your 075 have a rim sprocket? We can always swap stuff around.
This is going to be fun!
Mark

carvinmark said:
It's just for fun Steve and we will enjoy ourselves,I'll have Shelley add some spices to part of the chili-I just can't do spicy food.
Rick said that EJ would be here for sure with bike saws but I haven't heard from him.Have a safe trip,looking forward to meeting you.
Mark

Hey, don't add any spices on jut my account, seriously.

Too bad the Helsel boys can't make it. Funny, they are comin to ohio, and I'm headed to MI on the same weekend. lol.

I started the frame to my home made mill. I'll bring it with me so you guys have something to laugh at. I need to see a couple to help my mind see what I want to see to finish it. I have a pile of wood, and an 084 in pieces waiting! lol

carvinmark said:
That would be fun if we can get my 084 going right,but all my big Stihl stuff is 404. Does your 075 have a rim sprocket? We can always swap stuff around.
This is going to be fun!
Mark

Nope, spur for the moment. I'll see if Brian happens to have a rim setup to swap if I get by there tomorrow.

Maybe Steve has something he could bring.

computeruser said:
Nope, spur for the moment. I'll see if Brian happens to have a rim setup to swap if I get by there tomorrow.

Maybe Steve has something he could bring.

no big bars..

But is the 075 the same clutch drum as the 084? I have an 084 drum with a rim setup, if that would help.

Sorry all. I won't have the time to make the trip on this one. I was really looking forward to meeting a bunch of you. However, I can guarantee I'll be at Dave Neiger's for a Spring GTG he talked to me about. I hope to meet you all then. Have a ton of fun. Ciao, Jay.

Back