Nice day to start refilling my wood racks! (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you attach the runners at the bottom to the sides?...I've been thinking along those same lines, maybe using pallets as the bases.

:confused:

Screws in the side of the 2 x 4's, Which are screwed to the 4 x 4's.

I have one that has a pallet as the base. I have had it for about 16 months, no complaints.

A great idea!! My small tractor has a lift weight max. of 800 lbs., would one of these filled exceed that?

A great idea!! My small tractor has a lift weight max. of 800 lbs., would one of these filled exceed that?

Unless its got balsa wood in it,sure would! A cord of anything,even dry is at least a ton+ the wood shacks gotta be 100 easy.

I was thinking the same thing,move them with my SS.I want a few so i can take them down i nthe woods,load them right there,since i rarley split,and bring them to the OWB with the SS.
I wonder if the bottom would hold up to my pallet forks on my SS,Id like to build one of them,and try it.If i could move them around its make it easier.

According to the chart on this forum, oak weighs between 5000-7000 lbs approximately per cord. I dont think you would be moving that. But those racks are the bomb, I have been thinking of a wood shed but maybe I'll just copy your racks. Thanks for the cad drawing......Lanny:clap:

Latest posts

Back