No chisel chain in 3/8" lo-pro/Picco/mini? - now there is!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawTroll

Information Collector
Reaction score
I got the Norwegian catalog today, and there it is - the Picco Super 3! Have anyone heard of it before?

The downside is the "3" of course, but I don't really know how much it matters....

It looks like it will be standard on the MS241M here.

Last edited:
Looks good. Hopefully it becomes available in North America soon. I want some for my 020T when I finish it up. I guess I have to start on it if I want to finish it. :smirk:

K-3616PS3-T002_p.jpg

You could always cut the bumpers off. Would only take a few minutes using a dremel with a cutoff wheel.

Looks good and my bench grinded will take them claws rt off.Now if i can just find a small spline rim for it.
Rims won't be a problem for small stilhs tho.

I don't understand why Stihl makes both the ramps and the rakers so large on the green "3" chain - a bit like using both belt and suspenders on your pants......:silly:

Looks good and my bench grinded will take them claws rt off.Now if i can just find a small spline rim for it.
Rims won't be a problem for small stilhs tho.

I don't think it is possible to make a 6-pin 3/8" rim for the (regular) small spline, but 7-pin surely is possible.

I don't think it is possible to make a 6-pin 3/8" rim for the (regular) small spline, but 7-pin surely is possible.
Yeah,and that link you posted had a 7pin 3/8 low profile listed but it also listed the same part# as a 1/4 pitch in anouther place so i was unsure about ordering it.
Now that a round chisel chain is available i may take the 5 buck gamble.

Yeah,and that link you posted had a 7pin 3/8 low profile listed but it also listed the same part# as a 1/4 pitch in anouther place so i was unsure about ordering it.
Now that a round chisel chain is available i may take the 5 buck gamble.

I don't remember that link, but a 1/4" one surely would have to be more than 7-pin!

I don't remember that link, but a 1/4" one surely would have to be more than 7-pin!
probabley just a typo but i did'nt want to risk 5 buck plus shipping too find out.GB was the brand and i still have the part# somewhere.
I just checked the web site and now the i/4 is a different part# and is a 9 pin.

Last edited:
I have several Ahlborn sprockets with 7-pin lo-pro rims in small spline size. They don't sell the bare rim, but the whole sprocket system is very affordable. The only 1/4 pitch rims seem to be for the 9-spline hub.

I have several Ahlborn sprockets with 7-pin lo-pro rims in small spline size. They don't sell the bare rim, but the whole sprocket system is very affordable. The only 1/4 pitch rims seem to be for the 9-spline hub.

Yep, but 7-pin may be a bit much on a saw designed for 3/8" lo-pro! :thinking:

yeah baby! Now if oregon would just make a version of 91vxl in full chisel and no bumber straps I'd be in wee saw heaven.

Yep, but 7-pin may be a bit much on a saw designed for 3/8" lo-pro! :thinking:
i was thinkin the same thing so i put a 7pin 3/8 off my 5100 on it and ran it enough too make sure.I'm not sure you could'nt get by with it but would rather have the correct rim.BTW it pulled it fine but its not stock.I have 2 of these saws and one is set up with .325 and the other 3/8 lp.
For an idea of how it runs arrowhead has a vid on the wildthing race thread.My saws are the same 42cc eng but with a/v.They are both ported with larger carbs.

If they're making a safety version, I'd almost bet they'll make a yellow label version down the road. For my smaller saws the PMC, Semi Chisel yellow label chain cuts plenty fast, but i know there's always the desire for more speed.

If they're making a safety version, I'd almost bet they'll make a yellow label version down the road. For my smaller saws the PMC, Semi Chisel yellow label chain cuts plenty fast, but i know there's always the desire for more speed.

they haven't made it in semi-chisel after all this time. Only Oregon and Carlton make non-safety low pro and its all semi chisel. Its a real shame. Now we finally have chisel, but with safety bumpers! You just can't win...

they haven't made it in semi-chisel after all this time. Only Oregon and Carlton make non-safety low pro and its all semi chisel. Its a real shame. Now we finally have chisel, but with safety bumpers! You just can't win...

The Stihl 63 PMC chain is a semi chisel, yellow label chain with no safety bumper links, it's .050 3/8" lo pro. I have a 100' roll of the stuff at the shop.

Latest posts

Back