No habla ingles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see that video, honestly. Not for arguments sake, but just to see guys using a machete and a ski rope. Were they islanders? It sounds like things the Aussies talk about. I get the lost work thing. It's just changing. Used to be tree companies had northern European names like Davey, Asplundh, Swingle, and Wright. Now it is Rope's gig and a couple Martinez and Rodriguezes. Labor intensive industries are going to attract illegal immigrants, always will as long as the laws are the way they are.

Well construction was ruined before the tree industry so people in that sector have even more concern over this issue. I can't believe we have to even have discussions about illegal aliens and if it were not for the greed of the wealthy trying to get their grass and trees and construction done cheap we would not have to. Thing is; most Americans are not of the privileged snotty nosed brat society that seems to be running things. I write my senator all the time over this issue and to me they are criminals for not upholding laws of the USA. I have seen the rich neighborhoods that always seem to say good things about illegals because they want cheap yard-work not better mind you, cheap. The majority of American tax payers want them gone and the borders sealed, as they care about their children and grand kids, not because they are racist and you should think before you use that word referring to another human being, instead of using it as a smoke screen to justify treason. It is my full belief that if you employ illegal labor to do anything, you are a traitor to the American worker and need to be put before the firing squad. Their greed is unacceptable and their smoke screen efforts are boring and pointless. I still do not understand why we have any discussion over the word illegal.

Now cheap is in question when you factor in all the tax programs the illegals are abusing, health care,welfare etc.

Last edited:
Well construction was ruined before the tree industry so people in that sector have even more concern over this issue. I can't believe we have to even have discussions about illegal aliens and if it were not for the greed of the wealthy trying to get their grass and trees and construction done cheap we would not have to. Thing is; most Americans are not of the privileged snotty nosed brat society that seems to be running things. I write my senator all the time over this issue and to me they are criminals for not upholding laws of the USA. I have seen the rich neighborhoods that always seem to say good things about illegals because they want cheap yard-work not better mind you, cheap. The majority of American tax payers want them gone and the borders sealed, as they care about their children and grand kids, not because they are racist and you should think before you use that word referring to another human being, instead of using it as a smoke screen to justify treason. It is my full belief that if you employ illegal labor to do anything, you are a traitor to the American worker and need to be put before the firing squad. Their greed is unacceptable and their smoke screen efforts are boring and pointless. I still do not understand why we have any discussion over the word illegal.

Now cheap is in question when you factor in all the tax programs the illegals are abusing, health care,welfare etc.

:clap::clap::clap:

Tried reading the whole thread, just more and more of the same.
Had over 150 working for me at Eastlake, in San Diego.
Some real good, legal, and were learning English. Some could correct me!, and took every chance to do it! Absolutely wonderful to have on my crews.
Others, bad, real bad. Scum of the earth bad.
Good ones, welcome, bad ones, go home.
That simple, nothing new to any wealthy country in history, bordered by one that is poor and corrupt.

Jeff, I heard!, still have good buddies out there, one is Mike Gillette from Brinkman, he was my boss at Gothic, now BM over there,Hes the guy behind the Dirty Jobs episode where Cub Cadet cleaned up some Military guys homes. The other is Reggie Rhea, he is CFO for CIRO'S.
I ran all the maintenance there (at East Lake) what a job!
Loved workin out there, will return someday, you know of sutton or bishops tree services?

I live this every day being a white climber in So. Calif. The industry has been taking over by illegals. This being said, I have many friends who Ive worked with over the years who came here illegally so I see both sides of the augment. As a people you can't blame them for wanting to have a better life.
Our Gov. turns a blind eye so the rich can have cheap labor. Greedy business owners hire them(often exploiting them)to increase their profits. By not enforcing Immigration laws, were sending the message it ok and all are welcome. Illegal is illegal! I often fill like I am the one in a foreign country. I am often resented because I am white and keep out of the loop because i don't speak fluent Spanish. Its frustrating to say the lest. I can have a good work ethic and wonderful family, but If I sold drugs and got busted, I'ed still go to jail wouldn't I? Why? Its illegal!
Don't hate the people, Its our own gov. thats welcoming them with open arms. Take a way the incentive and stop sending out the massage its ok to enter illegally.

Jeff, I heard!, still have good buddies out there, one is Mike Gillette from Brinkman, he was my boss at Gothic, now BM over there,Hes the guy behind the Dirty Jobs episode where Cub Cadet cleaned up some Military guys homes. The other is Reggie Rhea, he is CFO for CIRO'S.
I ran all the maintenance there (at East Lake) what a job!
Loved workin out there, will return someday, you know of sutton or bishops tree services?

I have met Mike I think, and Sutton knows me, and Brian Bishop as well. I worked for Sutton in the 80's and sometimes bid against him. Brian is in Fallbrook now I think, I see his trucks parked there. He is President of the SDPTCA here. Everybody knows me here. When you get back, lets have a beer.
Jeff

I live this every day being a white climber in So. Calif. The industry has been taking over by illegals. This being said, I have many friends who Ive worked with over the years who came here illegally so I see both sides of the augment. As a people you can't blame them for wanting to have a better life.
Our Gov. turns a blind eye so the rich can have cheap labor. Greedy business owners hire them(often exploiting them)to increase their profits. By not enforcing Immigration laws, were sending the message it ok and all are welcome. Illegal is illegal! I often fill like I am the one in a foreign country. I am often resented because I am white and keep out of the loop because i don't speak fluent Spanish. Its frustrating to say the lest. I can have a good work ethic and wonderful family, but If I sold drugs and got busted, I'ed still go to jail wouldn't I? Why? Its illegal!
Don't hate the people, Its our own gov. thats welcoming them with open arms. Take a way the incentive and stop sending out the massage its ok to enter illegally.
Don't you E-verify, and require a current drivers license?
Jeff

Don't you E-verify, and require a current drivers license?
Jeff

All I do is work my ass off and collect my check at the end of the week. I have no say in the hiring and firering or business related issues. We have 7 employees and only my self and one other guy have drivers license. Before this recession hit, this company did a lot of high-end jobs. We are one of the better tree company's in our area. You know I haven't seen a non-Hispanic tree climber in over 10 years out here
I am a hard working experience employee. It people like my self who have been squeezed out of the job market. Dry walls sewed up, construction in general, roofing, trucking, maybe Bush doesn't need these kind of jobs but theirs lots of blue collar Americans,black, white, Mexican, who are out of work because an illegal has taking his job and lowered the pay scale. I'm not hateing ,just giving my two cents worth.

Back