No habla ingles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Illegal immigrants are not the burden on American services that some would claim.

Hogwash. Pure dee hogwash. Go to any ER around here and that is all you see and none of them are paying a dime. They haul their kids to the ER every time they sneeze. Have you never talked to anybody that works in health care? Good God, Earth to newsawtooth.

So my argument for the immigration issue stands, make life in Mexico better for the average citizen, through fighting political corruption, reducing the mega gap between rich and poor and creating a middle class, then less people will want to leave.

So now we have to spend money to make Mexico a better place? That idea is just ridiculous.

You know you can't even bring up the subject of American citizens demanding the English language to be spoken by it's inhabitants without being labeled a racist, knock it off why don't you. These ones pointing the fingers and shouting racism, if they aren't mexicans themselves than they are business owners who are trying to justify their greed for hiring illegals. And everyone wants to sympathize with them, and instead insisting English be spoken, everything is written in dual languages. Do you know why my ancestors spoke English? Because there was no "press 2" for German or businesses with their names in Irish subtitles. Everyone hates the stereotypes, unless they're in a positive form. It's wrong to say "they exploit this country" but agreed if you say "they have one hell of a work ethic". And the Mexicans who are tax paying citizens get offended, why? If I put forth to make the requirements to become a legal citizen I would be just as frustrated as the next man that they're bucking the system. This one I really hate to hear, "well they work the jobs that white people don't want", horse:censored:
Try to get a job at a business that employs illegals and see what answer you get. I know there's a mass of white people without work that would take those jobs in a heartbeat.

Try to get a job at a business that employs illegals and see what answer you get. I know there's a mass of American Citizens (changed that for you) without work that would take those jobs in a heartbeat.

I agree.

Case in point:

The largest immigration raid took place just south of me here in Mississippi at Howard Industries just recently. Over 600 were arrested. The next week, hundreds of local citizens were there to apply for a job.

you're welcome.

Thanks for your predictable response. Your personal story certainly makes me feel differently about the millions of other immigrants to this land, starting with those that crossed that land bridge, to the vikings, the Spanish, french, Africans, Chinese. Your are pretty far from unique, don't you have another John Wayne photo shoot for your avatar to got to? I was waiting for you to spout "If theys come here theys need to speak American, and get a little paler". But you didn't , so thanks for your restraint.

I don't care what color your skin is or even if you have an accent but hell,at least try!!!!!!!!!!!

My neighbour is from Russia.As in born there.He has a thick accent but speaks well enough to be understood.He is a plumber and knows if he wants to get anywhere here,he needs to know as much of the native language as possible.Same as I would expect if I went to Russia.

He's a legal US citizen you can tell how proud he is about it just by talking to him.

Funny thing is,he would not agree with you.He'd tell you straight up, you must be high on something.

I couldn't ask for a better neighbor.He's the only neighbor that I know110% that I could count on if I need a favour.

Friggin' honky across the street can't even wave even after I plowed his wife,I mean driveway.

So a word of advice,if you sold whatever drugs you're on,you'd be a millionaire!

Last edited:
Friggin' honky accross the street can't even wave even after I plowed his wife,I mean driveway.
Nice, Fishercat. A little levity. That's the other side, immigrants aren't only Latinos. We get fixated on that. I worked with a Romanian for awhile. He had immigrated legally, most of his help hadn't. Those guys didn't expect any handouts, they lived and worked like tomorrow they could be deported. They expected to work hard and earn their money at great personal cost. Sure there are some that may take advantage of the system, like anywhere.

And Mcketree, the ER's you talk about. They are required by law to treat anyone that enters regardless of immigration status, ability to pay, or insurance. They are required to do that because of a law signed by your patron saint of conservatism, Ronald Reagan in 1986. It's called the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985. One of the five best things Reagan did. Pretty ####ty place to live if Doctors and nurses could chose who to treat based on their ability to pay. When I worked on Ambulances and in Backcountry Rescue, we never asked that. Not our job. We helped people who needed help. I suppose you would wait for the paper work? Stay classy, Mcketree.

So now we have to spend money to make Mexico a better place? That idea is just ridiculous.

No, my friend, that's not ridiculous. Ridiculous is a word for things that make more sense than that. That statement was so moronic it defies definition by mere word.

Last edited:
And Mcketree, the ER's you talk about. They are required by law to treat anyone that enters regardless of immigration status, ability to pay, or insurance.

And I can get get on board with that to some extent if our country wasn't broke. Right now we need to take care of our own. Charity begins at home (home being America). And besides that, they abuse the charity. Let's get pregnant for the 9th time.....old dumbass Uncle Sam will pay for it. Also, turn about is fair play. I don't know how much you have traveled in Mexico. I have traveled all over the southern part of Mexico and let me tell you if you are American and you get sick and are found to have no visa or valid tourist card your sick ass is going to jail and don't think they won't ask to see it. I observed a Canadian woman who had overstayed her tourist card get a real "dose" of Mexico. If you don't have the money upfront it doesn't matter what your legal status in Mexico is......you are not getting treated....at all. Ambulance won't even pick you up without cash or credit card upfront.

Unfortunately, I think you would find this approach as futile as the "War on Drugs". I'm not saying there shouldn't be laws and they shouldn't be enforced, what I'm saying is that the approach should come from the demand side of the equation not the supply side. What fighting the supply side is easier to quantify and is easier to sell to the average Joe, I think you would get a better return for your dollar fighting the demand side.

So my argument for the immigration issue stands, make life in Mexico better for the average citizen, through fighting political corruption, reducing the mega gap between rich and poor and creating a middle class, then less people will want to leave.

As for drugs, the Prohibition should teach us that banning a product where there is a demand will just lead to innovation on the part of those who want to supply. Compare this to tobacco, where the product isn't banned, but demand has been significantly reduced through other actions. How many people here smoke, but wish they could quit?

You would not have to shoot too many before they got the idea. We have tried the feather duster approach for over twenty years wake up. First we got to have our own strong middle class which these illegals and upperclass greed are eliminating faster than we can type. I say both sides in other words shooting at the border and fining the wealthy tyrants into poverty for using them would eliminate both problems. Let Mexico take care of themselves until we have our dream back. imho

Hogwash. Pure dee hogwash. Go to any ER around here and that is all you see and none of them are paying a dime. They haul their kids to the ER every time they sneeze. Have you never talked to anybody that works in health care? Good God, Earth to newsawtooth.

Lol yeah prolly never worked an honest day imo. They have screwed up the construction jobs and are now moving in on our territory fast and the liberals or sympathizers or whatever better wake up. Red dawn is fast approaching and I am ready. The red coats are here again and are in the way of the American people, I take pride in knowing the blood of the pioneers run through my veins, with a touch of American Indian as well. I truly hope that authorities will finally see this as our biggest treat the way I do before many like me end up joining a militia with the goal of true American reform. imho

Last edited:
that scares the #### out of me, a treeman with a vendetta.

Git em ROPE.:chainsaw:

Lol take away the binders that the country places on heroic action and lead follow or stay the heck outta the way. PS: I have video proof they have stolen some of my work thats all I need to mount a full scale offensive:monkey:

And I have to pay for my health care too:cry: I am jealous of them dern illegals they have it better than we do.

Lol yeah prolly never worked an honest day imo. They have screwed up the construction jobs and are now moving in on our territory fast and the liberals or sympathizers or whatever better wake up. Red dawn is fast approaching and I am ready. The red coats are here again and are in the way of the American people, I take pride in knowing the blood of the pioneers run through my veins, with a touch of American Indian as well. I truly hope that authorities will finally see this as our biggest treat the way I do before many like me end up joining a militia with the goal of true American reform. imho

We are brothers in arms! I am right here with ya rope. I am sick of the way this country has pulled down her pants and backed up to the boarder. Not me, not my people. People like us!

well said sir!:agree2:

This one I really hate to hear, "well they work the jobs that white people don't want", horse:censored:
Try to get a job at a business that employs illegals and see what answer you get. I know there's a mass of white peoponle without work that would take those jobs in a heartbeat.

Maybe they would take the job in a heartbeat....but would they actually do the job. Or just show up.

Is the american dream really being stolen, or have we left it out on the curb with last night's pizza boxes.

This world is a will to power and it often takes blood, sweat, and tears to make it go around.

This newer generation just doesn't have what it takes.

Sad...I know, but that's the reality. And who's fault is it.

And do we not focus on half the issue...too ashamed to look in the mirror.

No, my friend, that's not ridiculous. Ridiculous is a word for things that make more sense than that. That statement was so moronic it defies definition by mere word.

Obviously neither you or Gr8Scott read my statement or because it was written in English and not Spanglish you didn't understand it.

I did not say send money to Mexico to make Mexico a better society, I said make life better for the average Mexican citizen. Totally different. The US already sends tons of money to Mexico in various forms, work at taking the corruption out of the system to improve the life for all and people won't want to leave.

Why do Mexicans take the risk and expense to come to the US? Because their life in Mexico is so freaking miserable.

You would not have to shoot too many before they got the idea. We have tried the feather duster approach for over twenty years wake up. First we got to have our own strong middle class which these illegals and upperclass greed are eliminating faster than we can type. I say both sides in other words shooting at the border and fining the wealthy tyrants into poverty for using them would eliminate both problems. Let Mexico take care of themselves until we have our dream back. imho

Taking the money away from the wealthy!!!!! Rope, that is a very Marxist concept.

Back