No habla ingles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
La revolución no será televisada

?Burvol, Cuerda, y El Gato Pescador?

!Mi oh, los tres locos de la revolución! !Por favor, Dios se apiade de nuestras pobres almas! !Sus sombreros de papel de estaño debe ser demasiado fuerte! Pobre gente.

?Burvol, Cuerda, y El Gato Pescador?

!Mi oh, los tres locos de la revolución! !Por favor, Dios se apiade de nuestras pobres almas! !Sus sombreros de papel de estaño debe ser demasiado fuerte! Pobre gente.

I just hope you were not saying "headache, look out below"...

I did not say send money to Mexico to make Mexico a better society, I said make life better for the average Mexican citizen. Totally different. The US already sends tons of money to Mexico in various forms, work at taking the corruption out of the system to improve the life for all and people won't want to leave.

The more you say the worse you get.

Maybe they would take the job in a heartbeat....but would they actually do the job. Or just show up.

Is the american dream really being stolen, or have we left it out on the curb with last night's pizza boxes.

This world is a will to power and it often takes blood, sweat, and tears to make it go around.

This newer generation just doesn't have what it takes.

Sad...I know, but that's the reality. And who's fault is it.

And do we not focus on half the issue...too ashamed to look in the mirror.
But I believe this is the only reason how the mexicans earned their high standard work ethic, is that they just show up everyday, not that they work harder than anyone else, and with this next generation of vaginas who call themselves men, showing up everyday is becoming uncommon. The hardest working men I've ever seen weren't mexican at all. On my job you have to hustle, I mean you better be doing something all the time and you better be doing it quick, and every mexican I've seen doesn't have that drive, they have one steady pace all day and the white guys just work circles around 'em. Sure this upcoming crop of men is disheartening in many ways, but there still is some hard working young men out there with good upbringings who are out of work and would take any job available out there, but some illegal has it at the moment. I don't know why so many will defend and uphold another race and talk down about their own, have some pride for once.

Taking the money away from the wealthy!!!!! Rope, that is a very Marxist concept.

No you missed it take away from the rich that got that way off the backs of illegal labor. It is only fair they too be punished as they caused it to happen! I say fine companies using them a million per illegal it won't take long to take the reason for using them away. I also believe we should raise import taxes to this country to the point it would not be profitable for stuff to be built out of our country. Fair trade should be just that and before us Americans will work for 2 dollars a day we will over through the rich tyrants causing it. imo

But I believe this is the only reason how the Mexicans earned their high standard work ethic, is that they just show up everyday, not that they work harder than anyone else, and with this next generation of vaginas who call themselves men, showing up everyday is becoming uncommon. The hardest working men I've ever seen weren't Mexican at all. On my job you have to hustle, I mean you better be doing something all the time and you better be doing it quick, and every mexican I've seen doesn't have that drive, they have one steady pace all day and the white guys just work circles around 'em. Sure this upcoming crop of men is disheartening in many ways, but there still is some hard working young men out there with good upbringings who are out of work and would take any job available out there, but some illegal has it at the moment. I don't know why so many will defend and uphold another race and talk down about their own, have some pride for once.

Pride comes before a fall. Perhaps that’s what we are seeing on a grand scale. A nation too fat, dumb, and happy to get back what we inherited...that which our forefathers worked, and fought so hard for.

I'm confident, yet humble. There is a difference...pride is nothing more than empty glory.

And as far as race goes, the only race I'm a part of is the human race. If you think America is about one 'race' or culture....you've missed it entirely.

I think you must mean culture. Not much in American culture to write home about these days...no sense in faking it out of some misspent loyalty.

I'd rather stay loyal to solid fundamental principles that are proven across the history of mankind...while nations and empires rose and fell with the tide. Principles that originally made this country great.

Now then, there are many things about my grandfathers 'american' culture for example that appeal to me...but we can't continue to borrow glory from the past. They were humble, loyal to priciples, thankful, and confident.

We need to learn from the past...not off its dividends, as if we are owed something.

Every dawn is a new day...ya got to earn it living in the now. That is what I see the Latinos I care about doing.

Latinos, in general work as hard and smart as anyone....not harder nor smarter necessarily, though often is the case. Howbeit, anyone has that potential....fewer american there be that find it.

Latinos are steady, well paced, and smart. I have seen white guys work circles around them...though often because they work stupid and just look like they are getting more done. At any rate, I know a few mexicans in their sixties still working as hard as anyone. Why? Fountain of youth, or the principles of smart, well paced work ethics?

But I digress, this forum is indeed full of 'white' Americans that work and work smart. No question. That's the nature of the industry. However, it's been near impossible to find that element in the general american public. I've had limited luck.

I have a 24 yr old 'white' american on the crew that has been around for over a year and a half. He stands out amongst his peers. He's simply a younger version of me in the sense that he loves the job and goes home spent..but he's maybe 1 in 20.

I cannot afford to hope to harvest 1 in 20 anymore....

I'm not selling anyone down the river....there is a current american culture you can thank for that.

I've got work to do....I haven't time for loyalty to failure. Loyalty to time honored principles gets the job done.

I've hired a legal foreign immigrant man that wants to work to earn his way for his family towards a dream......it doesn't get anymore american than that.

Last edited:
I do not see it as a color/race thing. I have worked with all different colors and races. There are ambitious, smart, hard working people of every race and creed.

My family came out of Appalachia. Most of them were coal miners. My immediate family worked their way out of that place and I believe that is where we (I) get our work ethic from.

My number one ground guy is black and came out of Watts in LA. He spent over 20 years in the Army, has been deployed three times in both current theaters of war, is a single dad and works two jobs. His work ethic is second to none.

I have worked with Mexican guys with a great work ethic.

I have also worked with Mexican, white and black kids who want to just show up, stand around and collect their pay so they can buy a bag of weed. To tell the truth, I can tell no difference in the work ethic of the young, second generation Mexican/Americans and the black and white kids today.

You are always going to have the people who want to do just enough to get by and those who want to excel in every race.

I think we are going to have to fall on some seriously hard times before most Americans get a little hustle back in their step.

Last edited:
How does illegal become racial is my question. The bottom line is they are ruining the standard of American living. I don't care to compete with criminals who abuse our systems and live fifteen deep and work for ten dollars per hour as an owner of a non licensed,most likely non insured tree service. There are laws which are not being enforced that are causing just that. I should not have to read ten languages on products in America or learn spanish or provide tax moneys to build Spanish schools. It is not racist to expect law to be upheld imo.

How does illegal become racial is my question. The bottom line is they are ruining the standard of American living. I don't care to compete with criminals who abuse our systems and live fifteen deep and work for ten dollars per hour as an owner of a non licensed,most likely non insured tree service. There are laws which are not being enforced that are causing just that. I should not have to read ten languages on products in America or learn spanish or provide tax moneys to build Spanish schools. It is not racist to expect law to be upheld imo.

They passed a law here a couple of years back where local authorities could check the immigration status of suspects arrested during a crime. Also, they stiffened the fines for employers employing illegals and gave local authorities the power to check the legal status of employees. Illegals left in droves. I don't think it is any coincidence that my business skyrocketed around that same time. During that time, I had one guy call me out for a bid. I met another competitor there while writing up my own bid. I came back through that neighborhood a week later and saw a Mexican crew with AR plates doing the job. Climber was on a ladder with not a stitch of climbing gear...

Oh yeah, since then the supreme court struck down parts of our laws. Said local agencies do not have the jurisdiction to check immigration status, only the feds... Go figure.

We have E-verify. And if you dont have a current drvers license, no hire. Pretty easy to do.
Jeff

Yeah, that's great for the companies on the up and up like yours Jeff. There are many out there who don't check though and those who are downright knowingly breaking the law.

Here's the thing. I am really not mad at the illegals. I can't blame someone for wanting to work and have a better life. I blame our government for not doing their jobs as far as curbing the flood of illegal labor coming across the border. I guess it is going to take a terrorist incident coming from South of the border before they get serious about securing the borders and I don't know if they will do it then. Either that or when enough Americans get a belly full of being unemployed and decide to do something about Jose the construction worker and decide they might need to do that job themselves...

As far as competing with illegals. Nothing new here, I've been doing it my whole career.

Same reason as you. Easy to get here. That dont mean they are working or taking jobs illeaglly, at least from companies that use E-verify and require a valid drivers license. That mostly is happening with companies that do residential and non-commercial work. I dont do residential. I got 13 guys and 11 are hispanic /Latino, and legal. Sure there are jobs for the owners of a small outfits that will hire them, but they are not my competition.
Jeff

Same reason as you. Easy to get here. That dont mean they are working or taking jobs illeaglly, at least from companies that use E-verify and require a valid drivers license. That mostly is happening with companies that do residential and non-commercial work. I dont do residential. I got 13 guys and 11 are hispanic /Latino, and legal. Sure there are jobs for the owners of a small outfits that will hire them, but they are not my competition.
Jeff

I guess we will see these small companies that pay under the table and provide a job for them, but they are not taking a job an american wont take because the owner wont hire the the white boy because he wants 20 bucks an hour and usually is un-reliable or he would not be asking to be employed by this type of company.
Jeff

Hiring illegal immigrants is an incredible cost savings for the employer. No taxes, no social security, no unemployment tax, no workers comp, no paid overtime, no benefits and the immigrant is forced to keep their mouth shut or face deportation. A legal employee costs on average 1.5 to 2.7 times base salary. Even if an employer is paying an illegal immigrant $20 an hour, it is still a savings of $20.50 over a legal employee paid $15.00 (assuming the 2.7 multiplyer). Furthermore, living in the US illegally is not as easy or carefree as some would have us think. They work in slaughterhouses, commercial dairy farms, construction labor, de-boning chicken, these are not jobs that legal employees often take. Truth is, the employer doesn't want legal employees anyway as they negatively effect their bottom line. If they are caught, the employees are deported and new ones emerge to take their place.

There is a sense that hyperbole and speculation drive your opinions. If anyone can provide proof of widespread abuse of the system, I would be interested to see it. Anecdotal evidence or that provided by groups with a vested interest in manipulating the numbers is not valuable. It isn't a matter of standing up for your race, it's a matter of standing for equal treatment of people.

Jeff

So you do powerline work and municipal type stuff? From what I have seen you have to be a millionaire to even bid on those projects. I finally got through to someone that showed me how to bid them and the project was for a year not to be paid until completion. I suppose it is just another way the rich keep the small guy out of the pie?

Hiring illegal immigrants is an incredible cost savings for the employer. No taxes, no social security, no unemployment tax, no workers comp, no paid overtime, no benefits and the immigrant is forced to keep their mouth shut or face deportation. A legal employee costs on average 1.5 to 2.7 times base salary. Even if an employer is paying an illegal immigrant $20 an hour, it is still a savings of $20.50 over a legal employee paid $15.00 (assuming the 2.7 multiplyer). Furthermore, living in the US illegally is not as easy or carefree as some would have us think. They work in slaughterhouses, commercial dairy farms, construction labor, de-boning chicken, these are not jobs that legal employees often take. Truth is, the employer doesn't want legal employees anyway as they negatively effect their bottom line. If they are caught, the employees are deported and new ones emerge to take their place.

There is a sense that hyperbole and speculation drive your opinions. If anyone can provide proof of widespread abuse of the system, I would be interested to see it. Anecdotal evidence or that provided by groups with a vested interest in manipulating the numbers is not valuable. It isn't a matter of standing up for your race, it's a matter of standing for equal treatment of people.

You want proof go into any well developed neighborhood and see it your self. Or any construction site just hang out in clean dubs and see how many approach looking for greenbacks!

That's just it Rope, that isn't proof of anything except your not so latent racism. Are you asking for documentation? Are you verifying? For all you know they could be Yale Forestry grads or Purdue Engineers. Also, if they're working, they might be contributing to your social security, which I will never see, but you might.

That's just it Rope, that isn't proof of anything except your not so latent racism. Are you asking for documentation? Are you verifying? For all you know they could be Yale Forestry grads or Purdue Engineers. Also, if they're working, they might be contributing to your social security, which I will never see, but you might.

Try again they are illegals I have a video that I would love to figure out how to get loaded on here. It is a job I bid for a wealthy enough individual that instead of paying a fair American dollar for service rendered. Three illegals were hired that climbed bare foot with no climb gear or rope except for a ski rope to lower limbs,no hardhat and used a machete to cut the limbs. I feel this bunch has stole much work from me and other licensed businesses here in my town. My friend in construction is asked everyday by them worky worky and he asks for green card and they automatically look puzzled and like they don't understand. There are twenty million or is it billion illegals here in the US I have lived where they are, it is not too hard to distinguish them imo. PS: your attempt to play the race card is lame, I have friends that are legal Spanish immigrants but you pro alien types always seem to call someone racist for trying to speak out against the biggest threat to our country. imo

Last edited:
I would like to see that video, honestly. Not for arguments sake, but just to see guys using a machete and a ski rope. Were they islanders? It sounds like things the Aussies talk about. I get the lost work thing. It's just changing. Used to be tree companies had northern European names like Davey, Asplundh, Swingle, and Wright. Now it is Rope's gig and a couple Martinez and Rodriguezes. Labor intensive industries are going to attract illegal immigrants, always will as long as the laws are the way they are.

Latest posts

Back