No habla ingles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never said it was OK to judge someone by the color of their skin, their faith, if they are rich or poor. It's not. This is mere reality in places on the west coast where cheap migrant labor is used.

Putting things in perspective, there is a damn good reason people are upset about illeagals in our country, and yes, they are mostly from Mexico. The amount of incarserations here does not lie either. We were told as kids to stay away from picker's cabins when we lived next to an orchard for a reason. There was no racist talk, just a fact of life. If someone wants to follow the rules and become leagal and not break our laws, then good deal. That's what this country is about!

Well, I just told you I am not a racist. Why is it anybody that is conservative and pro American gets labeled a racist around here? That is really pitiful. I guess we can agree that we are two almost 50 year old tree guys that don't know each other.

Some friendly advice:
If you are being accused of being a racist just tell em you hate everybody equally.

who cares where they are from or what language they speak , a lot of them are good hard working people with families that they love, all they want to do is go to work and earn their way and be accepted, give them a chance, they arnt all MS13 gang members.

This actually happened:

In the '80's I belonged to a club of dove and quail hunters that hunted in Old Mexico. We were in farming country one morning when the fan ran through the radiator. It took all day to get fixed. BUT the funny thing was that it the Grand Wagoneer was parked about a hundred yards from the end of a crop dusting runway. They would take off heavily loaded, and barely be clearing the bushes when they would go over. Eye ball to eye ball. We would occassionally wave, and they would respond, and those planes would go crazy, almost crashing. I thought it was interesting seeing mexican pilots. I wonder how they drove to the airstrip. Yes, those planes looked like heck, covered with oil and such.

who cares where they are from or what language they speak , a lot of them are good hard working people with families that they love, all they want to do is go to work and earn their way and be accepted, give them a chance, they arnt all MS13 gang members.

I know most of them are hard working people. I do however care what language they speak. If you are going to live here speak the GD language. This is America. I will tell you one thing they can do, they can turn a neighborhood third world in three years flat. I don't think you need to be in charge of immigration reform. Well, for that matter several folks on here don't.

This could turn into a long post, but here goes.

Number one, don't give me this "poor Mexican" crap. They can speak more English than they let on and they deny it to get out of trouble. Most likely, they are illegal and are being paid cash-READ THAT AS NO TAXES PAID- and 80 percent of the money they make is exported to Mexico-NOT SPENT IN OUR ECONOMY. There are probably 18 of them living in a trailer house somewhere smoking dope and drinking Budweiser and tequila and getting cops called for playing their hoo haa music too loud. They will make a huge mess and then the company takes the heat because "they don't speak English". Any job where safety is an issue should require English-case closed. Those people are hired just so the owner can pocket more money. Granted, lots of Americans won't work, but that is no reason to hire people that have broken the law to get here.

It is not a case of "wanting to better themselves" either. I worked for the U.S. Border Patrol and ICE Investigations for 27 years. A high percentage of these people DO NOT try to better themselves. They don't want to learn English and live the same dogs they were in Mexico-selling dope, and assaulting little girls in their off time. Chastise me for saying these things if you want, but I have been there and done that. I know what I am talking about. The ones that truely want to better themselves find a way to come here legally, work hard, and LEARN ENGLISH!

Some will work hard, but due to ignorance will destroy more equipment than they are worth. There is no SS paid in and no income tax taken out, but if they get hurt-WHO PAYS? The Amercan taxpayer pays because hospitals cannot turn them away.

Anyone that has sympathy for someone doing a dangerous job in this country without even being able to speak English, needs a reality check. That is completely stupid.

I will bet that you would not find a single one in that crew with enough on the ball to become a REAL arborist. They don't care about regulations and are not going to attend anything that is not in Spanish and doesn't involve beer and tacos.

Call me a racist if you want, but I know what I am talking about and I consider it being a REALIST-not a RACIST.

Besides, I hate criminals and deadbeats of all race and religion equally!!

I would tell that company to take a hike and go find someone with enough sense to hire Americans.

You guys are rude and dissrespectful to me. The illeagal can be deported that's why they call him or her illeagal. It does not matter what they get paid or how hard they work. Talking about how out of hand they get on the job or anything else is just plain nonsense.... So how you like me now? By the way I'm white American and proud to pay above board, all taxes that are due and give the customer a good finished product. So how you like me now? :buttkick:

Huh? You make no sense. It is not nonsense and if your are above-board, everyone here will applaud you for it. All illegals, unfortuneately, do not get deported and the jails and housing projects are full of illegals of all nationalities that are just here "to work hard and better themselves". Too many people hire them because they can abuse them as workers and not have to pay any taxes for them. They DO take jobs that Americans will do.

Pandering to them is an unsupportable argument.

Speaking of illegals, who here on AS has a good understanding of the ramifications of this census and counting illegals? Could change EVERYTHING. :confused:

Fascninating.

Rvalue, sbhooper, mckeetree, you are in the bitter misinformed minority. Sbhooper worked for the feds so he can be forgiven for buying into the old arguments about immigration, it bought his government pension. The rest of you seem to have forgotten that you all are children of immigrants, unless you are from one of the indigenous tribes. You think the Irish weren't branded the same things that you are slinging at the Chicanos, Mckeetree? Filthy stinking Irish and all their babies suckling off the system. And Rvalue, how quaint for you to see a real live Mexican pilot? It's incredible those poor confused people can summon the strength to read, much less fly. I have no problem with conservatives, but that is not blanket justification for racism. Because, that is what you are, maybe you're comfortable with it maybe not. Just look in the mirror and say to yourself I will not accept any idea of life other than the image I see. Enjoy the twilight fellas, the sun has set on your world view.

Last edited:
funny thing is..............

Rvalue, sbhooper, mckeetree, you are in the bitter misinformed minority. Sbhooper worked for the feds so he can be forgiven for buying into the old arguments about immigration, it bought his government pension. The rest of you seem to have forgotten that you all are children of immigrants, unless you are from one of the indigenous tribes. You think the Irish weren't branded the same things that you are slinging at the Chicanos, Mckeetree? Filthy stinking Irish and all their babies suckling off the system. And Rvalue, how quaint for you to see a real live Mexican pilot? It's incredible those poor confused people can summon the strength to read, much less fly. I have no problem with conservatives, but that is not blanket justification for racism. Because, that is what you are, maybe you're comfortable with it maybe not. Just look in the mirror and say to yourself I will not accept any idea of life other than the image I see. Enjoy twilight, fellas, the sun has set on world view.

my ancestors came through Ellis Island and did what they needed to do stay and become AMERICANS! Including speaking English!

No one here has a problem with folks coming here legally.

Fishercat,

Thanks for your predictable response. Your personal story certainly makes me feel differently about the millions of other immigrants to this land, starting with those that crossed that land bridge, to the vikings, the Spanish, french, Africans, Chinese. Your are pretty far from unique, don't you have another John Wayne photo shoot for your avatar to got to? I was waiting for you to spout "If theys come here theys need to speak American, and get a little paler". But you didn't , so thanks for your restraint.

The immigration of undocumented people into the US from Mexico and Central America is hardly unique. Just curious though, when the same type of people come from Cuba, they seem to be treated like heros. Just my foreign perspective I guess.

Back to my original point, people emigrating undocumented from poor countries to wealthier ones is not unique. Look at all the Africans moving north into Europe, Indians moving and working in the Middle East (eg Dubai). Even people utilizing our much more relaxed "refugee" system.

I think the point is, if you want to create an environment where people don't immigrate to your country, then you need to work to improve the conditions in their home country, so they don't want to leave.

There was a time in North American (Canada and US) where they were advertising in Europe for immigrants. I have difficulty with the arguement that "I'm special because I got here first and now you can't come in".

BCWetcoast

That's exactly it. The time was not too long ago, the 1940's and 50's saw aggressive recruitment of Mexicans for work on the railroads, mines, and agriculture in the West. Even today US companies recruit in Latin America to exploit the discrepancies of different economies. Immigration is the result of economics. If there are jobs, the nation will see increased immigration. I suspect Fishercat's family immigrated because of opportunities in the US or persecution in their native land.

Back