Northeastern Forestry Expo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, I made it through the expo. There was a lot to take in, so I will keep it to the saws here. You could run any saw you wanted as long as it was a Jonsered, Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar, Solo, or Efco. I did not run any, as I was using this as a fact finding mission. I did have pictures, but somewhere between the camera and computer they became "invalid files". It's too bad because there was a good pic of the girls at the Eager Beaver Trailers tent.

First stop was the Tilton Jonsered Camp. The rep on hand was very friendly and could spit out specs like SawTroll, but only on Jonsereds. There were a couple of guys that wanted to know how the model numbers compared to Stihl and the guy was clueless, so I helped out. I tried to get some info on future models (2275, 2190, etc) but he didn't even know what I was talking about. So I moved on.

Next was the Stihl Camp. What a bunch of AH's. It was like they were doing me a favor even speaking to me. So I moved on.

I was suprised to see a large tent of Solo and Efco's. A nice display and several reps. Too bad they were all too busy looking at and talking on their cell phones. When I would look at one of them they would turn around. So I moved on.

The Husqvarna Camp must really be trying to be like Stihl. The rep treated me like dirt. I wanted answers on the 575XP NE. He told me they were all NE's. Both 575's they had on hand were wearing the orange clutch covers, and the demo model was and early 2007. And then a couple of guys with So and So's logging on there shirts came in and he left me mid question. So I moved on.

Last on my chainsaw stops was the Dolmar Tent. The rep was the nicest guy there. He was the only guy who offered to let me run a saw. He wanted to know what I had for saws, and how I used them. I was impressed with his knowledge and ended up with a Dolmar hat. When I asked him about new models, he said probably nothing until 2010 and then, as with everyone else the line-up will be "all new".

This is just my impression of the chainsaw reps at the show. The show as a whole was great. They had live demos from chippers to swing machines to log loaders and everything in between. And the best part was I got paid to go! There wasn't much in the line of timberframing, but how was I to know;)

Oh man, I wish I was there. Sounds like you had a good time.

I wish Tilton had more info on new models coming down the pipe. Maybe they didn't have the right people there. I still can't believe you got paid to go, I need to find a way to do that next year. :cheers:

I'll call my Husky rep and ask him if he was the rude SOB!! (I doubt it, he's not like that. He was there on Friday. Which day did you go?)

You should have tried the 575; they had one there with the auto-tune. The word was it is real quick without the hesitation. I think the auto-tune will be on the new version, but I'm not 100% sure.

The guy who said everything is a new edition is clueless.

Also, the 575NE may not be at all. The word I'm getting is that it will be the 576XP or 577XP, which is great for me cause it will have a new product code. I won't have any of that "which one am I going to get" when I order them, like I did with the 346NE. There are certainly enough changes to warrant a new model number. There are way more changes to this saw than when the 371 became the 372.

I'll call my Husky rep and ask him if he was the rude SOB!! (I doubt it, he's not like that. He was there on Friday. Which day did you go?)

I was there on Friday morning. I think the rep was a little ticked because a group of high school kids were handling all the saws and showing off. Maybe he thought I was with them? It doesn't really matter because I buy from a dealer, not a rep, but I was suprised by the way most of the reps acted toward me.

This is just my impression of the chainsaw reps at the show. The show as a whole was great.

A show is a nice place if you get to meet interesting people. Looks like most of the reps you met, were wannabee salesmen that sinned against every commercial rule in the business. I see them all the time ; rep's who don't ask questions, who are too busy talking to each other rather than customers, or with their cell phones, who don't know sh@t about their products, or just don't like being there.

I hope the Dolmar and Jonsered guys got some business, looks like they were the only ones who deserved it. Great products too !

I'll need to talk to Thall about the Stihl guys...dayuuuum, that brand deserves better :chainsaw:

It was good to read about your experience at the show. I find just going into saw shops I run into the same thing. Stihl& Husky seem to just think what else are you going to get we are the only game around.
Now that you had a positive Dolmar experience it's time for a 7900:)edit I see you have a 6400

Last edited:
I would probably consider it, but I have to go past several Jonsered, Husqvarna and Stihl dealers before I come to a Dolmar dealer. And that one doesn't stock much for saws or parts.:cry:
I know what your saying it's a shame! I hope they get there act together. But a side note my local Stihl dealer would rather have you wait 2-3 weeks till they put they're next order in +1 week to get here. If you need parts for a saw they decide when it comes in, non of this we will place a order now stuff it's when we feel like it.

I have to say it was a great show considering the distance I had to go....

I agree there was alot to see and take in. I did not have the unfortunate experience with the saw dealers and found all mfr's quite informative and friendly as well. Best part the kids hung in there and had a good time too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

few more pics before the damn batteries quit on me..... I saw the beaver girls too but had to keep it 'family oriented'.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well, I made it through the expo. There was a lot to take in, so I will keep it to the saws here. You could run any saw you wanted as long as it was a Jonsered, Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar, Solo, or Efco. I did not run any, as I was using this as a fact finding mission. I did have pictures, but somewhere between the camera and computer they became "invalid files". It's too bad because there was a good pic of the girls at the Eager Beaver Trailers tent.

First stop was the Tilton Jonsered Camp. The rep on hand was very friendly and could spit out specs like SawTroll, but only on Jonsereds. There were a couple of guys that wanted to know how the model numbers compared to Stihl and the guy was clueless, so I helped out. I tried to get some info on future models (2275, 2190, etc) but he didn't even know what I was talking about. So I moved on.

Next was the Stihl Camp. What a bunch of AH's. It was like they were doing me a favor even speaking to me. So I moved on.

I was suprised to see a large tent of Solo and Efco's. A nice display and several reps. Too bad they were all too busy looking at and talking on their cell phones. When I would look at one of them they would turn around. So I moved on.

The Husqvarna Camp must really be trying to be like Stihl. The rep treated me like dirt. I wanted answers on the 575XP NE. He told me they were all NE's. Both 575's they had on hand were wearing the orange clutch covers, and the demo model was and early 2007. And then a couple of guys with So and So's logging on there shirts came in and he left me mid question. So I moved on.

Last on my chainsaw stops was the Dolmar Tent. The rep was the nicest guy there. He was the only guy who offered to let me run a saw. He wanted to know what I had for saws, and how I used them. I was impressed with his knowledge and ended up with a Dolmar hat. When I asked him about new models, he said probably nothing until 2010 and then, as with everyone else the line-up will be "all new".

This is just my impression of the chainsaw reps at the show. The show as a whole was great. They had live demos from chippers to swing machines to log loaders and everything in between. And the best part was I got paid to go! There wasn't much in the line of timberframing, but how was I to know;)

Do you know who you talked to at the Dolmar Booth?

few more pics before the damn batteries quit on me..... I saw the beaver girls too but had to keep it 'family oriented'.....

attachment.php

Nice pics!

That GB/Franzen was at our store last week and unloaded one of those $20K grinders.

Steve

Latest posts

Back