Official Firewood Cutters & Burners Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlycherry1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, the OT section requires a secret handshake so I can't start it down in the basement, so this seems like the only place to get one going. So here goes the official whiny firewood cutters and burners thread.

I'll get it going.

I got about another 30-40 face cords of oak to help Davec pull off his land and the weather (rain) is not cooperating.

My rototiller is broken and the weeds in my garden are getting way too tall. Repair is too complicated for me to tackle and the repair shop is booked several weeks out.

I got pocket gophers digging up my garden and making a mess of it and I cannot kill the buggers! They are mocking me and making fun of me.

My MS 390 doesn't oil enough. I like everything else about it. If I could find the guy at the E.P.A. That dictates that chainsaw oilers run dangerously lean, I'd make him eat his gold bracelets and toe rings, smack the #### out of him with his hemp sandals, then leave him unconscious in a pool of his own hand lotion that he stores in his polka dot fanny pack.

Well, the OT section requires a secret handshake so I can't start it down in the basement, so this seems like the only place to get one going. So here goes the official whiny firewood cutters and burners thread.

If you did try to initiate a handshake there, be sure to wash your hands! :D

I've got all my good wood (oak, hickory) split and stacked for '10 and '11. However I do have a pile of rounds that have been outside for 3 years now. Mostly cherry and oak. They're going to go punky soon.

Moving the pile this past winter with the FEL didn't help, as in the process I heaped a bit of soil and sod into the mix so that now I need to mow the pile. :mad:

Humid 90's weather shrinks my wood jones too.

Good start! Keep er going! Let the whining reach a feverish pace! Whine strong and loud boys and girls! :clap:

my whine consists off there aint near enough hours in a day---nor days in a week!!!!!!!!!! the rest aint a real problem---time for me is a b^&($

Ain't that the truth. In a few weeks the hours of daylight will start getting shorter too! :cry:

my whine consists off there aint near enough hours in a day---nor days in a week!!!!!!!!!! the rest aint a real problem---time for me is a b^&($

That is something I have been trying to figure out...How I can find an extra 2 or 3 hours in a day that no one else gets...:dizzy:

Alright, here is my whine for tonight.

I hate Denny's. I stopped on the way home to get a bite to eat,the wife is out of town visiting her psychotic sister and the last time I went along I caught scurvy from her cat.I elected to bach it for tonight.

I ordered my usual, along with a side of salad,onion rings, and a coupla eggs sunnyside up to complete the mess.The old guy looked at me and said, "my,you must me hungry tonight.Are you going to eat all that?"
Now what do you expect me to do with it?Well, okay, you caught me.I was really going too shove that big sandwhich down in my drawers and stop by the local sewing shop and really wow the ladies.Make em think john holmes himself arose from the dead,grabbed some jeans and a shirt and went traveling posing as a homeless tree guy.

And that brings up another point.What the heck was Denny's thinking when they hired some old guy to play waitress?As a matter of habit as soon as the old guy stepped up to my table I launched into my best flirt mode,only to be shut down at the sight of a Michael jackson/Richard Simmons look alike except he was no taller than a midget.Women are supposed to be waitresses.Old ones that you can flirt your way into an extra helping of hot fudge on your sundae.Young ones that you can watch while you wait for your grub and take your mind off the fact that you are again eating at Denny's although last time you ate there you broke out in hives for six days afterwards.For crying out loud, I didnt go to all the effort to brush all the twigs off of my shirt just to hang out with someone who was rejected from the local VFW for being to old.

Im sure I have some more gripes around here,give me a minute to catch my breath.

I touched the chain to a rock the other day. All nice and sharp... now it needs a good going-over with the file to clean it up.

I just did that! Arrrggg!!!:chainsaw:

i was just wondering where i could pre-order the avalancher story book.

My compaint: i spotted a mystery snake in my woodshed on monday. decided to take a picure of him so i could find out what in the world it was, but when i took the picture he took off down into the wood. turns out it is a butlers garder snake, not common in the hills of southern ohio. now there's a two foot snake in my wood pile somewhere

Bit the asphalt with an almost new chain on 372xpw. Not even worth sharpening.

crying-baby_medium.jpg

never have enough time to do my own stuff around the house; yesterday wife guilted my into going outside in the pouring rain and make a f^*&#n flowerbed tears and all, I did it but I told her that is her bed now all other work will be done by someone else I dont care is shlong dong comes and does the work I will not keep doing this crap work especially in the rain. i got to finish this years supply of wood help YOUR Brother inlaw with his wood, and all the other stuff that needs to get done around here BLAH got to go unload her van of flowers now I am a sucker yep

never have enough time to do my own stuff around the house; yesterday wife guilted my into going outside in the pouring rain and make a f^*&#n flowerbed tears and all, I did it but I told her that is her bed now all other work will be done by someone else I dont care is shlong dong comes and does the work I will not keep doing this crap work especially in the rain. i got to finish this years supply of wood help YOUR Brother inlaw with his wood, and all the other stuff that needs to get done around here BLAH got to go unload her van of flowers now I am a sucker yep

Feel better? :D
:cheers:

Back