Official Firewood Cutters & Burners Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ticked that I just read all read three pages of the anti-USA (Farmers Feed The World) thread on the milling pages. :bang:

Buckthorn

Over at a friend's palce they have plenty of standing dead elm, only problem is plenty of this grows there too and I HATE the stuff. :chainsaw:

attachment.php

Had to buy a new set of tires for the truck. :jawdrop: You want how much for that new set of tires....:censored:

55 Degrees here which is PERFECT wood hauling weather and the ground is too wet to get into the woods! :cry:

Whaddya expect, your plates say something about the land of 10,000 swamps don't they?

:D:D:D

My sand dunes drain really well. If I can drive on the gravel driveway, I can get to the woods. Burned up crops if it gets dry will testify to this all too well!

Whaddya expect, your plates say something about the land of 10,000 swamps don't they?

:D:D:D

My sand dunes drain really well. If I can drive on the gravel driveway, I can get to the woods. Burned up crops if it gets dry will testify to this all too well!

Yeah but the woods are over here in Wisc! Steep slope and hundreds of years of nothing but forest means the soil is very organic-laden. Slicker than snot when the surface is wet. And it's been nothing but wet for 2 weeks...
-Dave

Every time it rains, anthracnose sets in. Fungicides ain't cheap.
So naturally it has been raining every 3-4 days.

In the process, the irrigation well gets nailed by Lightning.
Call insurance dude...seems the Irrigation well wasn't listed on his end for the last 7 years so it ain't covered.
Well Guy calls, fried controller, so I'm out a gouple grand more.

Can't fill the sprayer to cover for the last rain and put on the BT's for Cranberry fruit worm.

About then one of my buyers calls and backs out on the first big order fearing a tanked Gellato market this summer.

Hang up with him and call a local processor to ask about prices....he hints at 1995 prices but tells me not to be optimistic.:dizzy:

Time to go fishing in the rain I reckon.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ticks Love Me

Once again, the ticks are on the prowl, awaiting the summer wood cutter:
220px-Adult_deer_tick%28cropped%29.jpg

My latest visitor crawled up my right pant leg, found the inner thigh, clamped down, and hung on for dear life. Took a bunch of hydrogen peroxide to remove it. The bite still is swollen after ten days. :mad:

My latest visitor crawled up my right pant leg, found the inner thigh, clamped down, and hung on for dear life. Took a bunch of hydrogen peroxide to remove it. The bite still is swollen after ten days. :mad:

It's those damn female ticks. Missed...again.

You may need a real Dr. to look at that if it is still swollen after 10 days. Ticks carry lots of diseases. Be careful. Deet is your friend.

The wind blew the tin off my wood stacks last week, about 6 cords, and I forgot to cover them back up, of coarse it has rained now for a week off and on about 2 inches worth and my wood is all wet. :(

Poison Plants Hate Me Also.

You may need a real Dr. to look at that if it is still swollen after 10 days. Ticks carry lots of diseases. Be careful. Deet is your friend.
Thanks, Mike, I'm monitoring it carefully. I had a tick lock onto me last year also, and this year they are thick because of a wet May and June coupled with a warm April. The bugs must see me coming.

Plants also love to attack me--all the ivy poisons and even some noxious weeds will impart lesions almost immediately after I brush against them, right through my clothing. Tolerance to all of these organic critters varies from one person to the next.

Its too hot, humidity sucks, and the mosquitos are brutal! Rain has been off and on as well. Wasnt able to get in to one of my cutting spots because they planted over the path going through the field. I was guaranteed a few trees at someones place, yet, they decided to give the trees to someone else last weekend (2 days after I was given the info). Also, my daytime job is getting in the way of cutting time that I could take advantage of. Whaaa, whaaa whaaaaaa.

On the other hand... My chains are all sharp, air filters cleaned, fuel is mixed, wood truck is back on the road and ready to go! Yippie!

Its too :censored: hot, the humidity feels like 110%. :censored: sweat bees stuck in the elbow pits. :censored: nats swarming my head. Its 150 degrees and raining inside this :censored: hard hat. Sweat in my eyes and its 3 o'clock on friday and im ready to get the :censored: outta here.:givebeer:

Its too hot, humidity sucks, and the mosquitos are brutal! Rain has been off and on as well. Wasnt able to get in to one of my cutting spots because they planted over the path going through the field. I was guaranteed a few trees at someones place, yet, they decided to give the trees to someone else last weekend (2 days after I was given the info). Also, my daytime job is getting in the way of cutting time that I could take advantage of. Whaaa, whaaa whaaaaaa.

On the other hand... My chains are all sharp, air filters cleaned, fuel is mixed, wood truck is back on the road and ready to go! Yippie!

LOL!!!
It's 110 in the tractor Cab and short of raining it ain't gonna get more humid.
This is Ridiculous!

There's a decent 30"DBH maple and a couple Poplars that went over in the last storm I gotta get outta the field, and they are gonna stay there untill this crap clears outta here.

Keep the saw in the truck and make sure the tank is full.
Looks like a good bunch of T storms are lining up again.;)
Cutting in the rain would be better than this equatorial rainforrest crap.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last week I scraped up about a cubic yard of #2 river rock landscape stone we had around the bushes on the side of our house. Getting that stone up only took about 2 hours but it wore the finger prints off my finger tips and wore out two pairs of leather gloves. I dumped the stone in the driveway for easy pickup to haul to a recycler today.

So this afternoon I have two tasks to do and getting rid of the stone was one of them. First task took longer than desired but I loaded half the stone onto my PU and headed for the recycler. I got there at 3:05 pm, they close at 3:00! Now I have a tired old PU truck sitting with a bunch of stone on it all weekend until I can get rid of the stuff until Monday at lunch time. It also ties my truck up so I can't do anything else with it all weekend. :angry2:

When wrapping bundles with plastic and tying off the tag end, wood slivers will go under my fingernails. Ouch.

Back