Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am thinking March 4th as a tentative date.
weather should be reasonable by then.
Everyone will be welcome to attend.
I hope I have given enough lee way so that the guys or gals that want to come can.
This will be a "FUN GTG" not a cry baby pissing match!
GTG will be located "outside of Ashland, Ohio"

Last edited:
That would be like saying people can bring any type of BAR oil. HA HA

Fred

Mr, for someone who's only been on site a month or so, you sure seem to know everyone, and how they think.
If you're supposed to be laying low, you're not doing a very good job.
-Ralph

Cut.... A) don't use pine as the pitch is a pain in the ars. B.) Use a good Butt piece that is good and hard.... Soft targets are for those who can't throw very hard.... I had an old partner who use to take great pride in splitting peoples targets....

no, no other forum. I made two posts, inquiring about the location, etc.

I should be able to make it, my mother's family is in Fredricktown, I will make
a visit with them as well.

Cut4fun said:
I was using ash,beech,maple and splitting them out after 2 hours of throwing. I thought using harder wood was better too. So I contacted someone that throws in the timbersports series and he stated to switch to soft wood like white pine,spruce,hemlock for targets. He said use the butt cut like you stated and start at 12" thick and take a 1" off each time to renew target. He stated he had a white pine target last 5 years and 1000's of throws at it.

I like cotton wood that is fairly thick. My bother in law throws a felling axe with a long handle and it holds up nice. He is a real horses butt about some things.

Am i supposed to lay low?

Fred

Cut4fun said:
I am just using TSC store bought 3 1/2 LBS double bit axes. One with stock handle other with stock handle cut down. Then to ad a twist we move from the 20' throwing line to a 15' line for 2 1/2 lbs single camp axe throw. To me its harder to throw then the doubles at 20'.

You are a sick man. I thought we were crazy.

Fred

Have you tried a firemans axe?

OK time is growing closer I have had quite a few PMs and emails from guys interested in attending.
I would like to test the water a bit and see how much interest their is.
I know this winter has been hard on a lot of us with all the wet weather we have all had. so if you have intentions on attending please chime in hear or contact me so i get an idea of how much interest their still is.

I'm down for that, as long as I am in town (for work, I travel a lot). Would be cool to meet all of you guys, but never been to a saw party with a bunch of trigger happy people! :laugh:

Steve

Eric,
Im going to try to make it over. Id like to meet you guys and maybe learn somethin new. Sounds like a good time.

You guys cool with lurkers? I wouldn't mind making a trip for the meet and greet aspect, but having an MS290 as my "big saw", i'm afraid I'd just be a spectator. UNLESS I could the the Mac 35 ready!

Back