Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bump_r said:
We got a "who's who" to list? How many are coming?

Count me in.
Rite now it looks like about 20 guys and a few tentatives, should be fun.
We will be cutting cotton wood 8x8 & 10x10 cants that i milled my self 1st time for that was quite fun. I'm thinking 2-3 cuts over the block or what ever the general consensus wants.
We may have enough saws for a antique class also.

Anyone needing directions email me.

Sue (my wife) will make sloppy Joe's and shredded chicken sandwiches and a couple of simple sides. If anyone wants to bring along a side dish or a bag of chips or a drink feel free.
Adult beverages are fine after sawing is done.

Bring your cameras and stop watches...................

Junkie I sent you a PM for directions, we are not very far away to your south and will try to make it for a while. Saturdays are busy days 'round here but would like to meet some of the sawheads that post here.

Did somebody say ANTIQUE (VINTAGE) class!!!!

Hey Eric,

Now I have to bring some OLD saws.

How about a Two-Man saw class? Just kidding, although I will bring a couple of them with me.

Not too sure where this place is...if someone could give me some directions and where this place is, that'd be great. I'm in Northeast Ohio near Chardon so if someone could give me any hints as to how long it would take to get out there, I'll probably come...under one condition...would someone please bring a 046/460 and a 066/660...:greenchainsaw:

I've got my fresh 460 with dual-port muffler cover. Someoen have a tach and a good ear we can use to tune the carbonator? We can compare stock cover to dual-port, too (not sure of value of the comparo, given un-broken-in condition).

Also will bring 290 and 170 and a [spooky voice] mystery-saw[/spooky voice]. May have buddy drag along his cough-gag-cough 55 Rancher.

Oh, and last year's gas - er, mix

Man...
Some day...

LewisBlack1.jpg

I see no reason why chainsaws, motorcycles, Guitars, and firearms can't be represented in a "Woodstock" like environment.

LewisBlack2.jpg

Then we can ban to fight the EPA with NRA lawyers! These bastards fight at the law creation level and have a lot of experience to tap into. And we're gonna make those Remmington saws to send these guys.

We're gonna get Ted Nugent.

He's the freaking president of what-ever I'm talking about. -Err-go the guitars! We need a voice!

"Why the guitars"? you may ask. Alright, I can conceed to Dean guitars produced from a single stock of wood. Some high end violins and other ????. Any fancier than than that we'll get over run with old tool farts. Although... they can drink beer well, and might tool around with the motorcycle crowd well.

Well, you have to have motorcycles because it overlaps so many of these other passions. Half of these guys might be driving one there anyway.

BWAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!! Good stuff, that! If you read it like that guy would present it, it's GREAT HHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!

Gtg

Me and my son will be there sat. I go to bring my 029 and if my 920 comes in.:greenchainsaw:

Pcoz88 said:
Freakinstang can you bring your 2186? I saw it on your saw list.:greenchainsaw:

The 2186 doesn't look the best, but she runs good (for a stock saw). It is an ex-amish logger saw that has been beat, abused and smashed.
The 2186, 066 (stock with dual port muffler) and stock 372 will be brought along for sure. I'll bring the 55 rancher too. Hell, I might bring them all, lol. I may have a new 5100 Dolmar, but that isn't looking to good at the moment...

I really am looking forward to my 365. I got done doing some more tweaking with it today. It smokes my 372 with a muffler mod and is knocking on the door of the 2186, but doesn't quite have the torque of the 385 when it is dawg'd in. She still a little on the fat side and want to get a tach on it before tweaking anymore. It is turning some R's!

361kid, Erics's place is probably 2 hours from Chardon (rough estimate). I will have the 066 there that is bone stock. Eric has a modded one and there will probably be a couple badazz ones.

Steve

Last edited:
If it rains, (and I can't saw logs) I plan on being there. Plan on bringing a slightly modded 066. Looks like a better bring my 029 for the pooch races.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Joe

Jwoods said:
If it rains, (and I can't saw logs) I plan on being there. Plan on bringing a slightly modded 066. Looks like a better bring my 029 for the pooch races.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Joe

Pooch races? Now I feel bad, lol

I hope some bring their stockers or Ill have to leave mine in the truck:greenchainsaw:

I might bring a beat up 610 for the beauty contest too.

Hey Butch,

By all means, don't think that my 029 is special. I opened the muffler a little bit, but that has been the limit. My "pooch" race comment is in regards to the bad rap the 029/290's have received on this site. Sorry I shoulda been more clear.

I've never compared the speed of the 066 to anyone elses, and I really doubt if it's faster than stock -just my own attempt to modify a tree falling machine. I'm more than happy to share the info. on Saturday.

Joe

Dont forget the compact class.
boohoo.gif
I am bringing my 220 38cc with 12" stock chain poulan to play too. I just want to learn how to do the timed cuts like you pros. So dont laugh at my slowwww times.
nono.gif

Bringing:
Poulan 3750 scored exhaust side 60cc
Poulan 330 needs ringed 54cc
Poulan 305 stock 49cc
Poulan 220 stock 38cc
So bring them stock homeowner stihls and huskys and show me why I need to change brands.
sign0070.gif

Last edited:
Cut4fun said:
Dont forget the compact class.
boohoo.gif
I am bringing my 220 38cc with 12" stock chain poulan to play too. I just want to learn how to do the timed cuts like you pros. So dont laugh at my slowwww times.
nono.gif

Bringing:
Poulan 3750 stock 60cc
Poulan 330 needs ringed 54cc
Poulan 305 stock 49cc
Poulan 220 stock 38cc
So bring them stock homeowner stihls and huskys and show me why I need to change brands.
sign0070.gif

I gotta admit I want to meet the man who sticks by his Poulans when among this bunch of HuStihlholics,:) lol

Sure hope we can make it.

I'm bringing a few extra saws if anyone would like to enter one if they don't have one for a particular class.
Namely: 999PP, 980GL, 372GL, 362KD.
Dave Neiger and I will be racing our modified 020's so that should be fun.
John

Butch(OH) said:
I gotta admit I want to meet the man who sticks by his Poulans when among this bunch of HuStihlholics,:) lol

Sure hope we can make it.
I only stand behind certain Poulans. There is nothing new in the poulan lineup that i would by new. Just like my older non-epa stuff. If I had to buy new right now and replace my saws. I would see my Dolmar dealer, then Husky. Then search a different stihl dealer out to look at their saws. My local dealer smells like dodo. Thats why I want to try out different homeowner type saws. If you are used to eating a peanut butter sandwiches, and have never tasted a steak, then you will never know the difference. Will find out soon. Like I said dont need the Pro stuff. Tried out that Husky 385 and I dont have any need for a saw like that. I just rec and storm clean up cutting.
confused0068.gif
<385XP

Last edited:
Im bringing my ms200 with some barbwire and maybe another saw or, my 066 is too wore out to bother bringing.

Gypo Logger said:
I'm bringing a few extra saws if anyone would like to enter one if they don't have one for a particular class.
Namely: 999PP, 980GL, 372GL, 362KD.
Dave Neiger and I will be racing our modified 020's so that should be fun.
John

All my stuff will also be available for anyone to run.
The only class i dont have anything for is 100 and over But i think i might be able to barrow one :D

100cc

Hey Eric,

That's OK, I don't have anything under 100cc.

I'll have to look in my mess and see if there are any little saws left. I think the biggun's ate the littlun's.

Man, I'd like to be there but spring time in a mower shop is a bad time to ask for time off. How late do the festivities go on? I MIGHT be able to sneak off early. WJ, PM me directions from 75 southbound.

Rick

Latest posts

Back