Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Eric, At your GTG I was wondering if you guys were gona have punched out 385s? I was talking to US Chrome they say that they have done a bunch of them.LOL:cheers:

Rick

HELSEL said:
Hey Eric, At your GTG I was wondering if you guys were gona have punched out 385s? I was talking to US Chrome they say that they have done a bunch of them.LOL:cheers:

Rick
Some how that doesnt surprise me some will stoop to any level to win .
I don't know of any that will be hear but if they show i think they will stick out like a sore thumb looks like most of the saws that will be hear are self built wood saws.

Any how looks like we should have a good turn out if everyone shows should be around 25 guys.:cheers:

woodsjunkie said:
Some how that doesnt surprise me some will stoop to any level to win .
I don't know of any that will be hear but if they show i think they will stick out like a sore thumb looks like most of the saws that will be hear are self built wood saws.

Any how looks like we should have a good turn out if everyone shows should be around 25 guys.:cheers:

Add me to the list of self built hack saw builder. :laugh:

My 5100 may be here in time. It might be brand new out of the box, but it may be here...

Anyone got a tach? How about expertise in pulling limiter caps on a 460?

I just checked mine, and the H screw is maxed at full rich (couterclockwise or anticlockwise for you Brits). This was the "new-saw" setting with the stock muffler, I'm thinking it should be richend up a bit with the dual-port cover now on it. Yes, I've played with the saw as-is, but I haven't worked it, so I've not munched the piston. Mebbe I can run it in to the shop for one of their freebie re-tunes Friday, and have it ready to rip Saturday... Be sad to eat up GTG time fiddling with a carb - it SHOULD be ready upon arrival, huh?

OH, anyone have a really good cylinder exhaust port measurement I could use to determine my dual-port mod that Lakeside suggested? Hope someone has a jug, muffler can, or gasket handy...

i have the stihl tool to take out limter caps on the 460 ill bring it along.il also have a tach ill bring it too.

tony

Time

WJ, what time do you want us to start showing up?
BuzzDraftAnim.gif

Dont forget the sundial to time my cuts with.

Last edited:
Cut4fun said:
WJ, what time do you want us to start showing up?
BuzzDraftAnim.gif

Dont forget the sundial to time my cuts with.

Hummm say around 10-11 am would great.......

If anyone has a camcorder that could bring and tape all the cutting that would be supper

bump_r said:
OH, anyone have a really good cylinder exhaust port measurement I could use to determine my dual-port mod that Lakeside suggested? Hope someone has a jug, muffler can, or gasket handy...
you can do it by my spagetti method :D

1. take a handful of std thickness spagetti. cut in half to make handling easier.

2. carefully fit strands into exhaust port

3. count number of spagetti it takes to fill up exhaust port

3. multiply by percentage desired. example if you want 85% of exhaust port area in final muffler exhaust hole and it takes 100 strands of spagetti to fit into exhaust port. then make your final muffler hole size no larger than an area that fits 85 strands of spagetti.

simple.. huh? and very_precise

spagetti port.JPG

Last edited:
Hunter - I made time to swing by the dealer - tech tuned by ear then checked with tach - It bounces an RCH over spec 13,600 on 50:1. Has a bit of a burble now.

046 - Spaghetti, huh? Should work! I was trying to get around pulling the muffler base and hosing the gasket. I should be able to get real close by measuring the height and width and calculating the radiused coners, but the spaghetti method should save brain cells.

yep, using spagetti method is a quick and dirty method to accurately measure odd shapes. much better to start at 75% and work your way up.

Spaghetti, lol

I got my new Dolmar 5100 tonight! YEAY! I'll have to bring that.

The Freakified 365 runs and is halfway dialed in. It runs much better than I was expecting. It runs better than the Freakified 372. It aught to be worth running, for a work saw anyways. I've got a good chain (for my standards) for soft wood. I hope it isn't too hard, or my lowered rakers might be too low.

I worked over my little dolmar 43cc for the little class. I am impressed, but I doubt it will hang with a piped 346.....

Anyone have a Video camera on their list? I can get one, but it isn't mine. I hate to be responsible for an expesnive camera and have it get chopped up or something... :laugh:

Eric, you guys Drunk yet? What is everyones favorite adult beverage? I feel obligated to bring something other than my truckload of junk saws. Call me in the morning if you need anything. See you guys in the AM.

Steve

Warning sign

Bringing this sign for you to post for your neighbors Eric.

Last edited:
Thank you Eric, For the great GTG, I would like to thank Mrs.Eric for all the great food.It was sure a great time. I think everybody had a great time.
I know my son and I did. I would like to thank Big Dave for The great job of putting everything together.There sure was a lot of saws and men to run them. Thanks again.

Rick:clap:

Thanks

Just a word of Thanks to Eric and the people that gave their free time to share old antigue saws and their fast saws with us. I have never seen so many old and fast saws in one place. Thank You all. Hey HELSEL nice throwing the axe one handed and showing us up , you show off.
gomed.gif

Agreed, a good time spent with great guys. I didn't get the chance to meet each and every one there, wish I had.

GTG in Ohio

Eric Thank-you for inviting me and my son .We both had a great time.Thanks to your wife for the great food.:clap: It was our frist time to something like that and not our last.Larry thanks for bring all those old saws. It was fun to get to run them.
When is that one in Chargrin Falls,Ohio?Is there a web site for it?Is there any others?Thanks everybody for all the info shared.Any suggestions on my 029 running better then it did?Different chain ?:confused: :greenchainsaw:

Just wanted to send a great amount of thanks and grattitude to Eric, Dave, John, Rick, Larry, the rest of the guys and Mrs. WoodsJunkie for putting on a great event. It was my first time to such an event, and I am now hooked/scarred for life. :laugh:

The amount of fun had was well worth the time invested. My saws weren't anything spectacular, but the amount of knowledge learned in such a short time was extraordinary. Thanks Dave!

There were some incrediblely fast saws and thank the rightfull owners for letting us newbs run them. I particularly liked running the CS2150 pipe'd saw! :laugh:

Steve

I just got back and I have tons of great pictures and stories to tell.
Anyway, thanks to Eric and family for putting on the best GTG I have ever attended.
I got to meet some great people including Chainsaw Al who ran some of his Macs. here's Al Smith with a Stihl 038?, one of the better pictures I took.
I will be putting most of the pictures on the Hotsaw forum and will include a link here to there. Ok
John
AlSmith.jpg

John had some good pictures for sure. This would be one of the better ones I took. John running an 088

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back