Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK with all this crazy weather we are having this year the GTG is being postponed until April 1st. hopefully the weather will be straight up by then.

Woodjunkie found the pine today

bump_r said:
You guys cool with lurkers? I wouldn't mind making a trip for the meet and greet aspect, but having an MS290 as my "big saw", i'm afraid I'd just be a spectator. UNLESS I could the the Mac 35 ready!
Please bring your 290 and 170 to WJ's gtg bump_r. That way I have other homeowner style saws to compete with and compare saws. Being I will never be able to afford to tinker with the stihls. Also I finally got me some fresh 22" cut pine today WJ. So now if I can get the darn axe and tomahawk sharpened up. Then get the stands built for the targets and painted for scoring. We can BS and throw while the cutting has died off.

Good to hear Kevin make sure you bring your axes the only thing I have has a 32" handle on it.
I have found the wood......... will cut it and mill it into cants next week so it as fresh as possible for the 1st.
Would like to have a general idea on how may are planning on showing Pm or email me...

Just to let you know, some people like to throw the stock handle axe. My buddie that will be coming up to your gtg with me, likes to throw the stock long handle better. I have one axe cut down to my liking. So count on 2 from me coming up. Also i am bringing a tomahawk and just one target for it, usually I use four targets. with 10PTS, 20PTS, 30PTS, 40PTS on each target with 4 throws for a total of 100PTS if you were perfect. But carrying 4 tomahawk targets and a axe target would be a bit much. I wll make 4 targets on the one tomahawk target and get 4 throws and each throw the target area will get smaller. if anyone ones to try it I will make sure it there too.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=405651&postcount=10

Axe and tomahawk targets

Almost done, just need to make the temp bases out of 2x4's for taking to your gtg.

Last edited:
I'm still on the list Eric. I plan on bringing the stock 066 and 2186 for simons saw comparo. I may or may not have a dolmar that I have been playing with...Don't ask. Yes it has windows....I might have a 5100 by then to break in....

I probably bring my boob job 372 to see if it can remotely hang with any other "Woods" saws. LEt me know if you want me to bring any others. I have lots of stock slow junk. I even have a box of junk stihl parts that can be thrown through a log for timed comparison. :laugh:

Steve

Oh yeah, if you can pm me the # to the Dolmar guy out by you. Thanks

Targets Done

Will finish putting them together at your place WJ. The tomahawk target has 4 different size targets put into one(the one on the right with all the red. That way I didnt have to make all 4 targets like I usally do.

Last edited:
ccicora said:
Your bulls eye is way too big... 2" is all you need.
I have enough trouble hitting the whole :censored: target at 20 feet. So I will stick to 4 inch bullseye for axe. Since the min for Hawk throwing is 9 feet and I like to throw it at 12 feet and use a 4 target system. The 5 inch bullseye works well for the hawk throws. 2 inches for a bull, you guys are to good.
Somebody bring some Homeowner stock type saws to the gtg too. Would like to compare the cut speed and differences.

Really try it. you want to focus in on one point and throw to that point. I practice with a cotton ball stuffed in the target. It makes focusing easyer.
just try it.

What is A GTG?

What is a GTG?Sorry but my computer lingo isn't up to speed.
Where in Ohio?What goes on at these GTG?:confused: :confused:

Pcoz88 said:
What is a GTG?Sorry but my computer lingo isn't up to speed.
Where in Ohio?What goes on at these GTG?:confused: :confused:

A GTG is wear a bunch of chains saw fanatics meet and race chain saws, Run each others saws, Shoot the BS, eat some food, trade some top secret saw and chain info and basically just have fun.. oh ya this year we are even going to throw some axes.
Anyhow I am hosting it at my place April 1st I live in northern Ashland county (Ruggles) and everyone is welcome to attend.
I have quite a few that have PM'ed me so if you would like to attend just let me know so I'm sure to have enough wood .... and food.....

Edit: I would like to start cutting by 11 am

Last edited:
I just took 8 hours vacation off and my axe throwing friend told his boss he wasnt working ot on sat. So god willing, the 2 of us will be there.

Any request for stock saws that you guys want me to bring? I know CUT wants to run a couple small stihls and huskies to see how they compare to his pro poulans. I have a running 55 rancher I might have the MS290 back together, if anyone wants to run such an animal, :laugh:

I'm only bringin one modded saw as of right now. It is a "freakified" woods port on a 365. I may bring a stock 372xp for comparisons sake. It (365) really screams, just got it together tonight. Now if I could only sharpen a chain....

Steve

gtg

Freakinstang can you bring your 2186? I saw it on your saw list.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back