Oil and Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A local snowmobile dealer of over 42 yrs , warned me to never use Amsoil , because it's crap .

I mix my oil 50/50 with water , then add to fuel , auto crankcase , etc , because everyone knows nothing is slipperyer than oil and water :hmm3grin2orange:

Anytime someone starts an oil thread, they run the (highly likely) risk of being made a joke of. I keep an eye on the oil threads both for entertainment and (occasionally) new knowledge. There has been some talk lately about Belray H1R being easier on the sinuses AND getting very good reviews from people who have done exhaustive testing. A couple of the resident saw hacks have stated their approval and use of it (@ 32:1). Several others have reported that after switching to Belray H1R, their sinus issues, headaches, etc have subsided. All this prompted me to get a bottle from a Suzuki dealer. At $10.95 for 379ml, it's not cost prohibitive. Haven't used any yet, however. Different users mix it at 32:1, 40:1, ~45:1, or 50:1. Some (most) have seen the need to retune after switching.

To each is his own. I run amsoil at 50:1, I personally know people that run it 100:1 and have been doing so for a couple years now without issues. Your going to get a very large variety of answers on this.

To each is his own. I run amsoil at 50:1, I personally know people that run it 100:1 and have been doing so for a couple years now without issues. Your going to get a very large variety of answers on this.

I've ran it before at your ratio with no issues other than a little carbon. But I've seen tear-downs with badly scuffed piston skirts @100:1.

Who's piston??? anyone?:D:D:D:D

attachment.php

+1 on Bel-Ray Lubricants

Anytime someone starts an oil thread, they run the (highly likely) risk of being made a joke of. I keep an eye on the oil threads both for entertainment and (occasionally) new knowledge. There has been some talk lately about Belray H1R being easier on the sinuses AND getting very good reviews from people who have done exhaustive testing. A couple of the resident saw hacks have stated their approval and use of it (@ 32:1). Several others have reported that after switching to Belray H1R, their sinus issues, headaches, etc have subsided. All this prompted me to get a bottle from a Suzuki dealer. At $10.95 for 379ml, it's not cost prohibitive. Haven't used any yet, however. Different users mix it at 32:1, 40:1, ~45:1, or 50:1. Some (most) have seen the need to retune after switching.

>
>
I have been a big Bel-Ray fan since ancient times when their logo was a little atomic orbital thingy! This was, I believe, long before motocross made them famous. I go 2.45 oz per 0.8 gallon instead of pure 50:1. I think it comes out at 43.33 : 1 or similar. I use Stihl Ultra becasue it used to look like blue gatoraid....that color has changes and it isn't so cool anymore! I was selling saws frequently and the look helped....all stihl stuff when I sold something.

Stihl ultra 50:1 with couple oz. of klotz benol, makes things smell like being a kid on a flat track again. :smile-big:

well i was thinking about Bel-Ray H1-R untill i looked up the price in oz at $41us a liter it can stay on the shelf
i'll stick to mobil 2T

Latest posts

Back