Oil Dispenser/Measurer for accurate two-stroke oil.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multiply oz in bottle by the mixture you desire and divide by 128. Equals number of gallons needed. I use a 5 gallon jug so I use 16oz premix at a time.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

How many liters per batch are you talking? One, or more than a few. Like I said, the Husqvarna LS+ has accurate measurements for 3L and 5L, but if you are talking like 1L you'll be needing something like a kitchen measuring cup that has mL's for fluid. You can probably get one from any kitchen store. Or, something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle...ash=item44107c3653:g:pWgAAOxyW7tRh40w&vxp=mtr

That item is on eBay in the UK.

Cheers,
:cheers:
With the company mix it's a minimum of 25 litres more often 50 that is mixed in 10 litre batches in the works eqipment truck saw supply tank round about 4dayss to a weeks supply we run at
300 ML oil to 10Lfuel

I buy the large bottles of mix oil. I also mix 42:1 and if I bought the little gallon sized mix bottles it's not enough oil for 1 gal of 42:1. I bought a glass pyrex measuring cup at Wal-Mart for like $1.50. It has markings down to half an oz. It also has metric on it. 3oz per gal!

Just do the math or how much gas needs to go in the jug. Ie 4.8 gals vs 5 or whatever it'd be.

I guess I don't run my saw enough.. I just buy the small bottles at the saw shop and mix 1 gallon at a time.

I don't use my saw a ton, I've never kept track, but most days I don't go through a whole tank.
I'm usually just cleaning up logs so they will go through the firewood processor.
5 gals probably lasts a month. We don't have gasahol here so it keeps just fine.

Mercman, I like that Shoreline Marine measurer.
My situation is...since I sold my house and living in an apartment, I'm not using a great deal of fuel. A half gallon at a time is all I usually mix up. Once I get settled in another place, I'll be mixing one or two gallons at a time.

jwilly, the plastic baby bottle is another good idea. I'll check it out the next time I get up to the store.

With the company mix it's a minimum of 25 litres more often 50 that is mixed in 10 litre batches in the works eqipment truck saw supply tank round about 4dayss to a weeks supply we run at
300 ML oil to 10Lfuel

32:1 (30:1)? Wow, I haven't that rich of gas in a long time. You guys burn some gas, hey? I'm burning about 10L a week now pruning olive trees. Of course, I'm not a company, its just me! And the wife and the dog, but they don't like running chainsaws! :crazy2:

I usually mix either 1/2 gallon or 1 gallon at a time. I have had the syringe style measuring device, but it was messy after use, as not all the oil gets pumped out of the syringe & attached hose, and it then leaks out of the tube over time. I kept it in a plastic bag, but it just wasn't all that convenient for me. The black markings on the side of the syringe also came off of mine easily.

What I use is a Tupperware midget. It has lines molded into the cup at 1, 1.5 and 2 ounces. I usually mix my fuel at around 42:1, so I add 1.5 oz. oil into 1/2 gallon of gasoline. If I am mixing one gallon, I pour twice from the cup to get the 3 oz. necessary. The top can then be snapped on the Tupperware cup to keep the residual oil from leaking out, and to keep the inside of the cup clean.

For different ratios, like 50:1, which would need 1.28 oz. oil for 1/2 gallon of fuel, it is easy to estimate by filling the cup to just a little more than half way between the 1 and 1.5 oz. markings.

Here is an image of a Tupperware midget...

9178ce7e70087321dad6ddb6126d2fe5--vintage-tupperware-storage-containers.jpg

Yes that is the obvious thing if you buy the small 50:1 bottles but I buy the oil in the large bottles and just use 3oz/ gal. Much easier math.

We used to, but there wasn't any cost savings. Would often end up just eyeballing how much oil got dumped it the gas can.

We carry the little bottles that make 1 gal, 2.5 and 5. The 2 smaller sell the most.

I've learned over the years that small engines are much tougher than one would think.

Had a ~15 yr old saw in not long ago. The owner was mixing bar oil in the the gas, like a glug or two and fill the tank with gas mixing. Saw ran fine, just came in for a new bar and chain.
His answer on it? Less oil to buy and carry around. Uh... ok?

Thats the suringe style i used to use.
I now use the bottle. I can pre measure 5 liters worth and keep in my saw gear bin incase i need more when not near home.
983e215b79bb0d3627cb8a42de6b3deb.jpg
895d4c53f34c5f8585c7b4da81c7f5d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
I use the shoreline bottle.
The thing I like is that on the side of the bottle not shown in the photo there are plain old ounce marks. I pour off however many ounces of oil I want and am good to go. I usually mix just a gallon at a time, and with so much capacity in the bottle I never run short on mix oil.

32:1 (30:1)? Wow, I haven't that rich of gas in a long time. You guys burn some gas, hey? I'm burning about 10L a week now pruning olive trees. Of course, I'm not a company, its just me! And the wife and the dog, but they don't like running chainsaws! :crazy2:
We have 10 serviceable saws & a min of 3 fallers all the time can be up to 5 over the years we have run mixes from 50/1 south & have found the 32/ish to1 results in less wear problems It's a bit of a sticky subject for's & against's on oil amount but we've being doing it this way for my involvement the last 30 years & have never suffered an oil related failure/fault so adopt the ain't broke don't fix it adage the company supplies large amounts of wood for pulp & the flake type plywood

I was mixing by the husky 2t oil bottle to the gallon. But now I use the husky 50:1 mix.

Decades ago I would sell 2t dirtbikes inbetween restoring mine, these kids don’t have a clue as to what a ratio mixing cup it. One mixed the two stroke to the gas by color? He blew up my bike. I could wiggle the flywheel the engine was so hot.

Been using RATIO RIGHT’s for 20 years.

But have also known to keep an empty Stihl premix small plastic jug for 1 gal of gas and just fill it up and pour into 1gal can.

Example,,

The husky two stroke oil on the bottle label says 3 gallons of gas to one can of oil. I mixed it 2,7 gallons to one can of mix.

I usually mix either 1/2 gallon or 1 gallon at a time. I have had the syringe style measuring device, but it was messy after use, as not all the oil gets pumped out of the syringe & attached hose, and it then leaks out of the tube over time. I kept it in a plastic bag, but it just wasn't all that convenient for me. The black markings on the side of the syringe also came off of mine easily.

What I use is a Tupperware midget. It has lines molded into the cup at 1, 1.5 and 2 ounces. I usually mix my fuel at around 42:1, so I add 1.5 oz. oil into 1/2 gallon of gasoline. If I am mixing one gallon, I pour twice from the cup to get the 3 oz. necessary. The top can then be snapped on the Tupperware cup to keep the residual oil from leaking out, and to keep the inside of the cup clean.

For different ratios, like 50:1, which would need 1.28 oz. oil for 1/2 gallon of fuel, it is easy to estimate by filling the cup to just a little more than half way between the 1 and 1.5 oz. markings.

Here is an image of a Tupperware midget...

9178ce7e70087321dad6ddb6126d2fe5--vintage-tupperware-storage-containers.jpg
Is this the same as a pee cup I use for my doctor?

Back