Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45 miles due north of da 'burgh.off I go to CL
Well then you are closer to that little yellow Italian saw than I am. I think I am finally getting over this CAD stuff cause before I was reformed I would have been on that one like ugly on an ape. Hope you get it.

I think this carb is screwed. any alternative carb solution?
It may be worth contacting the Tillotson factory in Ireland I had a junkie HK30 on an Alpina saw They quoted an approx price subject to examination if I returned to them, they then stripped it & gave me a price to repair/replace parts; test & ship back to me( Ireland to France)IIRC it was in the region of 40euros total inc post.They have a good web site Tillotson .ie

I have an Oleo Mac 254AV and the AV mount at the handlebar/oil tank is gone. This part seems not available anymore , it has two thread-ends. I was thinking of replacing it by a Dolmar 113 rubber and put another thread in it. Any thoughts for this?

my oly 284 runs great and with authority. it does not oil. the adjustment screw is turned as far CCW as possible. pulled the filter out - was clean but cleaned it anyway. the oil line is in good, pliable but firm, shape. studied on the IPL and come away confused as to what the internal configuration is. does the case have to be split? any ideas?
never mind. I pulled the plunger and found bits of metal on it. then put small dowel rod down the hole and turned the engine over. no movement of the dowel rod. looks like my crank mounted cam (right behind the seal) may have disintegrated. crap! now I gotta find an AM seal and figure out how to pull the cam.
any of yas ever done this? any ideas?

my oly 284 runs great and with authority. it does not oil. the adjustment screw is turned as far CCW as possible. pulled the filter out - was clean but cleaned it anyway. the oil line is in good, pliable but firm, shape. studied on the IPL and come away confused as to what the internal configuration is. does the case have to be split? any ideas?
never mind. I pulled the plunger and found bits of metal on it. then put small dowel rod down the hole and turned the engine over. no movement of the dowel rod. looks like my crank mounted cam (right behind the seal) may have disintegrated. crap! now I gotta find an AM seal and figure out how to pull the cam.
any of yas ever done this? any ideas?
SOMETIMES......that eccentric on the crank,,will decide to start spinning..........SOMETIMES, you can remove clutch and seals,,to see it.. then see if it is fact spinning..you MAY,,be able to drip red Loctite down in between the eccen and the crank,,and get it to hold...

SOMETIMES......that eccentric on the crank,,will decide to start spinning..........SOMETIMES, you can remove clutch and seals,,to see it.. then see if it is fact spinning..you MAY,,be able to drip red Loctite down in between the eccen and the crank,,and get it to hold...
is there some type of key that sposed to hold the cam in place or is it just a press fit?

Is there a way to deternine Oly models by the serial number or some othe rmethod?Everyone I see has the stickers beat off.And which one of you pickers sniped the 264f off me on Ebay the other night?Guess that's what I get for going to work.
Old post but thought Id reply anyhow. Only way I have been able to ID some saws is by measuring piston diameters and comparing to known models, Its been my experience that serial numbers Ive seen can only seem to give approx manufacturing time frames and dont contain any numbers or codes to specific model saws. Im sure the factory could ID a saw by serial number but there doesnt seem to be anyone at Efco to contact for that. kind of too bad too because the older saws have quite a following.

I have an Oleo Mac 254AV and the AV mount at the handlebar/oil tank is gone. This part seems not available anymore , it has two thread-ends. I was thinking of replacing it by a Dolmar 113 rubber and put another thread in it. Any thoughts for this?
I've got a link on my computer that may help. Have to check it later on since not at home. You might could use some metric all thread using the old av rubber as a spacer

Any Efco dealers active on this forum? Been buying my parts online, but would happily support a dealer here.

Guys one question... Oleo Mac 945 AF, how many kW/Hp this chainsaw have ?

Thanks in advance!

Guys one question... Oleo Mac 945 AF, how many kW/Hp this chainsaw have ?

Thanks in advance!
I don't pay attention to HP numbers on saws that I've run but I can tell you a good running 945 is a cutting MFer. I'd say mine will cut right along side of my 2152 Jonsered with a little more torque in the cut.

Don't buy it based on some number. Run it on a log and buy it if you like it. Just something to keep an eye out for on those saws is to let it warm up for a while and run it till its hot and then some. Those saws have coil issues and they will run for 10 minutes and once coil heats up they die. They won't get spark for over an hour after they die. Coils are hard to find for that saw,

Its a good saw i know, friend owns it. It's about the bet so we need numbers :)

Thanks for reply Vibes!

I had one of those.

IMG_2245_zpscb7415ca.jpg

Latest posts

Back