One drink ain't enough

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
better make it three.

leaninghickory001.jpg

leaninghickory002.jpg

So I scribbled 6 and told the guy if it came out easy it would be less... but if it came out hard?

It came out easy. 2 cuts and she rolled right out, the weight bringing the hung up limbs with it. if it had not been a hicory I would of had to climb after what was still up there.

leaninghickory004.jpg

The guy initialy thought I would use a bucket. I explained that I thought in this case cutting from the bottom was appropiate. There was some bark scarring on adjacent tree, they were smaller black birch. To be honest it was pretty bad. I went ovet the cost of doing the job without damage, the probablity of bark damage, the way the younger trees would come up( ya know, urban forestry) beforehand.
He was hanging pretty dam close to me while I was doing the job. Well, after it was down he came up while I was cutting it up and when I was setting ropes to drop these two

leaninghickory003.jpg

he was making me nervous.

So I charged him 350 for the hour I was there. He knew what he was paying for, he has a Husky he has been running in there.

Now I did get my 44 stuck... but not in the base cuts. I was slicing some of the tips to make sure all the spring was out before I left.
That is something you might want to consider on these drop and leave jobs. Just to make sure its all pretty much down.
I think next time I do one of these jobs where the HO is "helping" ( which was his choice) I will make them wear the forestry helmet. I mean when I am on a job with a crew and I have to tell someone to stand back cause I am about to throw the ball I start to get annoyed immediatly. I could have bonked him setting ropes. When I was bucking the hicory log he was 5 feet right behind me.

Now I did get my 44 stuck... but not in the base cuts. I was slicing some of the tips to make sure all the spring was out before I left.
That is something you might want to consider on these drop and leave jobs. Just to make sure its all pretty much down.
I think next time I do one of these jobs where the HO is "helping" ( which was his choice) I will make them wear the forestry helmet. I mean when I am on a job with a crew and I have to tell someone to stand back cause I am about to throw the ball I start to get annoyed immediatly. I could have bonked him setting ropes. When I was bucking the hicory log he was 5 feet right behind me.

large problem with "helpers"---in the way usually--:dizzy::dizzy:

Back