One easy way to post pics of ypur saws: 101 for dummies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend figuring out how to upload images here to this site, that way they will always be here. I've seen so many times, dead links in posts. Either, they let their account go dead from inactivity, or deleted the pics. Its really not hard at all to upload them here.

You want to click on "settings";

attachment.php

Which brings up the page with your rep notifications. Then on that page click on "General settings";

attachment.php

Then you have a choice to turn the "Enhanced Image Uploading" ON or OFF, choose which one, setting it to OFF is the easiest. Then click "Save Changes".

attachment.php

Then follow the appropriate video.

I may have computer issues or whatever. I can't see all the items next to the logout area. All I see are notifications and next to that "og out". Nothing else appears. Also if I log out then log back in, if I don't click on "remember me" it doesn't log me in.
Bob

Bob, I wrote down what I did last time. If I got it right I did this. Not using anything other than AS.
1. Enhanced Attachment Uploader OFF. (I don't know if this matters or not.)
2. Click " Manage Attachments"
3. Select and Pull Down the pic you want. Click "done" if you just want one pic.
4." Preview Post"
5. Right click on the attachment pic link. Select "Copy Link Location."
6. Click on the square icon above the posting which says " Insert Image."
7. Paste where it asks for URL. Click OK. Done!

I'll give it a try. Thanks

Nope. #5 only brings up copy short cut not whta you stated. I think my computer is blocking something.

my computer also blocks. but when you click, a popup should appear briefly. if you click on it, that should do the trick.

You are not stupid man, happens all the time. sometimes just takes longer with new things, that`s all.

Nope. #5 only brings up copy short cut not whta you stated. I think my computer is blocking something.

I think they call it two different things. I'm using Firefox, and it's a little different from Internet Explorer. I would think you could click on that though and it would still work. I guess whichever way is the easiest is best. I also had trouble uploading new pics to site...I forgot to resize them. Small works much better! Now the problem is remembering how we did it, I've written it down but I'll probably lose the paper. I generally put my pics that I want to keep on a disc rather than another internet site, but to each his own.

Last edited:
I recommend figuring out how to upload images here to this site, that way they will always be here. I've seen so many times, dead links in posts. Either, they let their account go dead from inactivity, or deleted the pics. Its really not hard at all to upload them here.

I agree with Parris. If I remember right he helped me when I started here with pics. :msp_smile:

"Enhanced Attachment Uploader" ON
You use the "preview post" function to enable you to right click and "copy shortcut" (not just that of the thumbnail) of the image. (Note if you wanted to re-post some of your old pictures you can easily find them, thumnails of each of your attachments are shown in the uploader, not just pictures.)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cxnR708j0CA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This helped me a lot. I could not get the pictures to iimbed in the post. With this information, now it seems I can.. Thanks

This helped me a lot. I could not get the pictures to iimbed in the post. With this information, now it seems I can.. Thanks

Glad to hear it. If you have any more problems just post up in this thread and i'll see what i can do. :cheers:

do not imagine that this (posting a pic) will take more than a minute.
once you got the hang of it.
some browsers will remember you on photobucket so just bookmark the page for easy access.

now go take pictures and post em.
you have now NO excuse !

;)cheers
Very good info, if it were hassle free though, we would not need threads on how to post pics for dummies. Not giving you a hard time or being smart, but anyway to change the way it loads in the forum? Like on face book or saw *****, we just hit post image right on the thread, and it goes right to download, or use exisitng from your files. And there is no need to creat anymore accounts. I could be wrong but last time I checked photo bucket it wanted to charge me. Either way it is a nother account, and between juggling this site, My group, my friends on saw *****, etc and my other stuff, it keeps me busy enough. So anyway to make an easy modification to the forum for posting? That would make the most sense, then no more how to post picture threads.

Latest posts

Back