Only One Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
660! Trust Fishhuntcutwood. Has just enough grunt to pull a 24 inch bar..... through anything:rock: ! 660 is great as a light limbing saw and a stumping machine. She's got you covered for anything. If you are pushed, you can one-hand her :ices_rofl: when doing arborist work (say for when the MS200T that you don't have in this one saw world craps out).

357xpg, plenty of power for the trees I cut and light and nimble enough to limb trees all day with descent speed !!

357xpg, plenty of power for the trees I cut and light and nimble enough to limb trees all day with descent speed !!

That's the description for the MS361.....:D :laugh: :laugh: :rockn: :sword: :buttkick:

Joke aside, the 361 is more "allround", because of the inboard clutch, and clean area under the clutch cover.........

Silly question, who only has one saw!

Husky 357XP or Stihl 361 with 20" bar would do about anything I needed to do around the place.

Jonsered 2171, No doubt

attachment.php

keep your stihlsky's on the porch.

One saw!

Gee that is like asking someone they can only have one hunting rifle! or wife!
oop's I did'nt mean that! For me I would be happy with my 2159 Jonsered. But I have to ask if you could only drink one kind of BEER what would it be?

Gee that is like asking someone they can only have one hunting rifle! or wife!
oop's I did'nt mean that! For me I would be happy with my 2159 Jonsered. But I have to ask if you could only drink one kind of BEER what would it be?

There is another tread for that in the "off topic", I believe......;)

For power and weight of using as a go to saw for everything, since I can only pick one 7900

That's the description for the MS361.....:D :laugh: :laugh: :rockn: :sword: :buttkick:

Joke aside, the 361 is more "allround", because of the inboard clutch, and clean area under the clutch cover.........

You mean to say that the Husky in that size has an outboard clutch? Eeeeeeeeeee.... one reason I stayed away from the smaller Huskies is the outboard clutch. Same with the smaller Dolmars. The Echos have that setup, and it makes chain swapping and cleaning a hassle. Too much black sawdust crap to deal with and more loose parts under the clutch cover. All of the Stihls have inboards. Only way to go. I am becoming more and more of a StihlHead every day.

So if I could only have one saw? Tossup between 361 and 441 I guess. Depends on the use. For felling and bucking bigger trees here, maybe the 441? But it is heavy. For firewood and medium size trees? The 361. Difference is the power to weight factor. So only ONE SAW.... leaves the 361. I can manage it all day and not get vibed out and sore. Well, not too sore anyway. I could get bigger trees down with it as well, at least firs.

So again, its the... (WWE announcer voice)

Threeeeeeeee sixxxxxxxxty onnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeah...

Latest posts

Back