Only One Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just chainsaw drift...

Post that you want a baby 30cc saw, and they will talk you into buying a 5100s, 357 or an MS361. The medium stuff. Post about having only one saw of any and all saws, and they start with those and up the antie to 7900s, 395s, 460/660s. The big boys.

Dolmar, Husky and Stihl seem to own the field though.

:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

I think I'd take this one.

TJ_harvesteri.jpg

Too steep around here for one of those. Also the tree are probably too big here to use one of them as well. Though... I have been seeing chip trucks drive by with logging trucks here of late.

This proved to be an interesting post. I was honestly suprised by the responses. I would have figured it would be a close race between Husqvarna and Stihl. That was not the case. Stihl was number one. Actually, Dolmar beat out Husqvarna by nearly double. I decided to go through all of the posts and talley up the results. I only included "one" saw answers. And, as far as moded saws I counted the orginal saw. So here it is.

By Mfg:

Stihl..........30
Dolmar.......8
Husqvarna..5
Johnsered...3
Shindaiwa...1
Poulan........1 (this one was a joke, but what the hell it was funny)

By Model:

Stihl MS460..............10
Dolmar 7900.............8
Stihl MS361..............6
Stihl MS440..............4
Stihl MS660..............4
Stihl MS441..............3
Husqvarna 357XP(G)..2
Johnsered 2171.........2
Stihl MS210..............1
Stihl 044..................1
Stihl 041..................1
Husqvarna 3120XP.....1
Husqvarna 346XP.......1
Husqvarna 350..........1
Johnsered 2159.........1
Shindaiwa 695...........1
Poulan Wildthing.........1 (joke)

If I wasn't doing any milling, I could jump on the 361 bandwagon happily. 660 is kind of awkwardfor small jobs, though... so...

Gimme an 880, and I'll trade it for a 660 and a 361!

Latest posts

Back