Oops another oil question!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy Billy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Don't Shoot its not the usual question!!!

I want to try the synthetic 2 stroke oil. I have been to two sthil dealers and neither one had any in stock.

Now the question

Are you guys able to find this stuff on the dealer shelves or are you having to order it.

I am going UP north this weekend to do some cutting and burning. And I don't want buy more std oil if I don't have to. I am looking the bottles to 2 1/2 gal at a time. I don't care if its sthil or husky oil.

Saw on my friends:chainsaw:

Billy

Don't Shoot its not the usual question!!!

I want to try the synthetic 2 stroke oil. I have been to two sthil dealers and neither one had any in stock.

Now the question

Are you guys able to find this stuff on the dealer shelves or are you having to order it.

I am going UP north this weekend to do some cutting and burning. And I don't want buy more std oil if I don't have to. I am looking the bottles to 2 1/2 gal at a time. I don't care if its sthil or husky oil.

Saw on my friends:chainsaw:

Billy

Here, the local dealer only carries High Performance and Super. The dealer an hour away carries High Performance, Ultra, and some Husky stuff. I guess its determined on what people are willing to buy. I know the Ultra costs 50% more than the Super though.

i heard that some stihl dealers didn't carry ultra.
while on travel i picked some up from that 'thall' guy (persuasive salesman). i got home to my little hole in the wall dealer and low and behold, there sitting on his shelf was a hole bunch of ultra.

just check em all out. you never know who will carry it!
:cheers:

Thanks to ya all. Its a 350 miles one way to the farm hopefully I can find some on the way. I just did not want to be stopping on the way up if no one was carrying it on the shelf. Since the feed back says there is less carbon buildup on the exhaust I might as well try it. I haven't bought oil in five years as I bought a lot of it for a discount when I bought sthil. And was only cutting about 5 cords a year for fire wood. Now that we got the new 80 acres and I got a new 2156 I will be doing a LOT more cutting. We have a wood mizer sawmill up there and lots of hunting cabins to build:chainsaw:

Billy

I switched to Mobile1 synthetic a while ago. They suppoedly stopped making it, but I still find it on the shelves around here at the auto parts stores. It runs bettter than Castrol dyno with less smoke. I am a convert to synthetics in 2-smokers.

Here, the local dealer only carries High Performance and Super. The dealer an hour away carries High Performance, Ultra, and some Husky stuff. I guess its determined on what people are willing to buy. I know the Ultra costs 50% more than the Super though.

That is why i go to the guy an hour away. The HP Ultra is worth it.

Gary

Don't believe what he says... he uses Gary's Own(TM) oil! Or maybe that is what Gary's Own oil is: rebranded Stihl HP Ultra.

Back