OOPS went to the saw mall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap: :clap: Now that's CLASS!! The man goes to the saw shop, picks up a brand new saw, and calls it an "accessory"

I can't wait to try that on my wife..."Hey honey, I've gotta run over to the saw shop and pick up a few accessories. Nothing much, a couple of chains, a couple of spark plugs, some files, some wedges, a couple of new 660s, and some bar oil".

You'd probably be able to hear the explosion all over the Left Coast when I got home but I'd sure like to see the look on her face. :cheers:

:clap: :clap: Now that's CLASS!! The man goes to the saw shop, picks up a brand new saw, and calls it an "accessory"

I can't wait to try that on my wife..."Hey honey, I've gotta run over to the saw shop and pick up a few accessories. Nothing much, a couple of chains, a couple of spark plugs, some files, some wedges, a couple of new 660s, and some bar oil".

You'd probably be able to hear the explosion all over the Left Coast when I got home but I'd sure like to see the look on her face. :cheers:

Now if i could just get a saw holder............................................

Something like a newer Super dutyF250 or 350 (gas and diesel price ouch)

Sorry to intrude - it's, uh, for Andy.

...not to highjack your thread but maybe we should have gone to the saw shop instead of our favorite breeder today...

...coulda picked up a 7900EHP and a 441 for about the same amount of money.

attachment.php

O.K., back to your Silvey...

AAAAHHHHH so cute!

...not to highjack your thread but maybe we should have gone to the saw shop instead of our favorite breeder today...

...coulda picked up a 7900EHP and a 441 for about the same amount of money.

attachment.php

O.K., back to your Silvey...

What a cutie. Is it a boy or a girl?
Don't envy the potty training though.

Damn cute.... and 7 months later.. 85 lbs of spring steel... and growing.. I just took the "puppy" for a "walk".... ran him for 2 mile on the bike, and he wants more!

Damn cute.... and 7 months later.. 85 lbs of spring steel... and growing.. I just took the "puppy" for a "walk".... ran him for 2 mile on the bike, and he wants more!

Would that be a Golden Retriever? One of the least likely dogs to bite? I lost mine on Tuesday and it is hard to do without. But I have to wait til I have a house at the moneypit before getting another. Probably good to wait a while too because one gets used to the old dog understanding the routine and then you get a mindless puppy. I'm actually thinking about a Lab.

I went to the other shop in Chehalis today and just bought oil. I didn't even ask to see the guy's tattoo. :)

What a cutie. Is it a boy or a girl?
Don't envy the potty training though.

She is supposed to be a girl. Crates are WONDERFUL for potty training - not 100% painless, but darned close.

Andy - Because I respect you and really DO care for you I just HAVE to say this: I really have to give two thumbs down on biking such a young dog, especially such a distance, their hips are still far too tender. I have seen 8 month old goldens with hips totally pounded out (from biking) who came from parents with OFA "good" hips (that's better than average). If you can devise a way to get him to chase a ball for a similar distance, it is SO much better from what I understand. It seems like the mechanics of the activity would be the same, but there is something different about it.

One of our biches is OFA "excellent" on her hips - quite rare in our breed, but I credit a good part of her having that rating to the extensive swimming that she did in her first two years. Both her sire & dam were OFA "fair" but she developed as "excellent". She has siblings that (without the swimming) rated as OFA "good" so I think that our bich had a head start but the swimming made the difference.

I know that it's still too cold at your place (as it is here) but I have really been thinking about how to get as much swim time in as possible this season, especially for the puppy.

Yes.. point well taken. Luckily this one comes from stock with no history of bad hips... way back many generations. Most of the biking so far is at "wolf trot" (fast lope), and only bursts into run when we get near home (food)... I'm only the backup walker... I'lll pass your info the one in charge (of me too).

He will soon get to "heel" to the canoe for 3/4 of a mile... each day... had his first real swim two weeks ago and already has a great stroke. Damn retrievers and water... he now spends half the day (when allowed) cruising the pond like an aligator - ducks about 3 feet in front of his nose... ;) The ducks are only mildly concerned....

Last edited:
She is supposed to be a girl. Crates are WONDERFUL for potty training - not 100% painless, but darned close.

Andy - Because I respect you and really DO care for you I just HAVE to say this: I really have to give two thumbs down on biking such a young dog, especially such a distance, their hips are still far too tender. I have seen 8 month old goldens with hips totally pounded out (from biking) who came from parents with OFA "good" hips (that's better than average). If you can devise a way to get him to chase a ball for a similar distance, it is SO much better from what I understand. It seems like the mechanics of the activity would be the same, but there is something different about it.

One of our biches is OFA "excellent" on her hips - quite rare in our breed, but I credit a good part of her having that rating to the extensive swimming that she did in her first two years. Both her sire & dam were OFA "fair" but she developed as "excellent". She has siblings that (without the swimming) rated as OFA "good" so I think that our bich had a head start but the swimming made the difference.

I know that it's still too cold at your place (as it is here) but I have really been thinking about how to get as much swim time in as possible this season, especially for the puppy.

I didn't know! I used the bike to run my dog too. When she was young it was too much out of control so I just had her on a leash till we got to a woods road where I turned her loose. It seemed like a good way to go. She was smaller than most Goldens and anorexic so maybe that helped the joints last. Once I rode 11 miles in the woods and I think she doubled that with all her circling--thought she was beat and she saw a squirrel and took off after it at warp speed. My Golden prior to her towed me in on my sailboard when I got becalmed. She was big for a Golden and a powerful swimmer. They are great dogs. Be careful with the canoe. We ran over my dog with one but she survived unscathed.

I didn't know! I used the bike to run my dog too. When she was young it was too much out of control so I just had her on a leash till we got to a woods road where I turned her loose. It seemed like a good way to go. She was smaller than most Goldens and anorexic so maybe that helped the joints last. Once I rode 11 miles in the woods and I think she doubled that with all her circling--thought she was beat and she saw a squirrel and took off after it at warp speed. My Golden prior to her towed me in on my sailboard when I got becalmed. She was big for a Golden and a powerful swimmer. They are great dogs. Be careful with the canoe. We ran over my dog with one but she survived unscathed.

...I don't understand everything that I know about it, but...I'm pretty sure that the REALLY important part is up until about two years (importance declining as they get closer to that age) as their hips and other joints are maturing. But again, I don't understand everything that I know about it.

Now that this thread is well off into the bush, what is your favorite springtime fish recipe?

Back to chainsaws

Went out and took a multi stemmed maple out for some friends today luv this saw.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would recommend it to any one who doesn't want to go to a 90cc but wants more than440,441. Def lighter than the 66 but cuts plenty fast in 20-30" PNW wood. Just going to leave the 41" on the 66 use it when the job calls otherwise 460 all the way.

I'm actually thinking about a Lab. :)

Slowp, You can't hardly go wrong with a good Lab IMO. We've got loads them up here. Last one I had was a white one (Pinot). Excellent dog, good disposition, intellegent, one hell of a frizzbee player. :clap:
attachment.php

PS: Nice "accessory" Cedar!

Last edited:
I think you need a Barbie sticker on it. I noticed Twinkle's performance was better today since I put a Barbie sticker on it. We were able to figure out a blowdown "puzzle" and get the pieces down low enough to cut out of the road. Unfortunately, I have developed the urge to cut/kill every alder along the road. :chainsaw: The only thing controlling that urge is the knowledge that they will land in the road (they all lean that way) and I'll have to clean them out of the road. But it sure is tempting! Yup, you need a Barbie sticker!
Maybe I should bring some to the doings in May.:cheers:

Back