Opinions on tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good but I only have 11 hours on it.It's been very rainy here and I'm trying not to make my driveway worse.Here I am with my co-pilot.View attachment 297749Will do, they are delivering it Wed. night.[/QUOTE]

demoed the NH workmaster 55 and the kioti dk55 today. i really liked the way the workmaster felt. it all came natural to me and was very smooth operating. it was louder and there is the whine that i have read about online. the kioti is cheaper and has more standard features, but for whatever reason just felt off alittle bit. i liked them both better than the MF. still need to demo a deere

Good for you. With that much money at stake you have to be sure because you have to live with your choice a long time.
demoed the NH workmaster 55 and the kioti dk55 today. i really liked the way the workmaster felt. it all came natural to me and was very smooth operating. it was louder and there is the whine that i have read about online. the kioti is cheaper and has more standard features, but for whatever reason just felt off alittle bit. i liked them both better than the MF. still need to demo a deere

so i really liked the workmaster 55 when i demoed it, found one on CL several hours away 2 yrs old 165 hrs on it. i still hadn't demoed the JD 5055e. i went up today, i didn't think it would be great (never been a huge JD fan), but i should do it anyway. i must say i was very impressed with it as a machine it felt very natural very easy to drive (driving was instinctual). seemed to be a well built, not rough, tractor. don't like the price most expensive of all, it was also the largest and heaviest at 52xxlbs empty, i now have some thinking to do.

I own a Bobcat Tractor and think its great. Made by the same company as Kioti's which is Daedong in Korea. Which I think (I may be wrong) owned by Doosan, one of the largest heavy equipment manufacturers in the world. Not American made you say, well tell me what brand of tractor is these days? Bobcats are assembled in USA. My bucket and backhoe for it were made by Rhino in the USA. I've had my machine for 4 years and not one issue. I have a friend who has a Mahindra (an Indian Company) He loves his tractor and has nothing but good to say about it. Guess it might boil down to price, dealer availability and your own personal choice. Ford vs. Chevy thing me thinks. Shop the tractors, the dealers and the price. When I bought mine Bobcat was just breaking into the American market with their cut tractor line, Got a sweet deal on the tractor, free loader and thousands off the price of the backhoe. I paid less for new than the price of a 5 year old Kubota with out the backhoe. I have not been sorry.

gunna go sign papers on a JD 5055E tomorrow

Congrats!!

The E series have a lot going for them.

I was gonna suggest looking at the LS tractors, seeing as how you were impressed with the NH.

LS is making a big impact since they started thier own line a few years back.
Bang for the buck, they are next to impossible to beat, without having the backing of Deere or Case/IH.

The local dealer has thier 5020's on sale with a loader and 0% finance, for under 25K.
If the darn things weren't so wide I'd probably snag one.

No worries now that ya got the Deere though.:hmm3grin2orange:
You're gonna get spoiled.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have a JD 5410 4X4 with a loader that I bought new in 1999. Everything about it works perfectly and always has. Amazing power for something light enough that I can still haul it with an F250. No complaints at all.

the 5055E is more or less the newest version of that tractor.

well signed up for a new tractor, don't know about delivery date, waiting on the salesman to call back with approximate shipping date for the new FEL carrier. tractor is 2013 5055E, includes horizontal exhaust, front weight bracket, and a 553 FEL, FEL has skid steer carrier with a 6.5 ft bucket, and third function.

some pics

and then went and bought a trailer for said tractor

spoke to the salesman today. he said the loader is 3-4 weeks out that is if it doesn't get held up in custom, hope to pick up the tractor next week/weekend and use it for a bit and then take it back to get the loader fitted

I have had lots of great luck with the tractor route, I first chose the New holland TC 35D for a few years and it was great, only had the FEL and 3pt hitch. Then recently upgraded to a whole nother animal with a Yanmar CBL 40 that has the backhoe also. I am always amazed at the versitility you have and easy use. I LOVE the Hydrostatic drive, I would never go back to shifting manually. The Deer is a nice machine, you will be super happy with it! Nice truck and trailer too! enjoy!

tractor will done tomorrow. i will be picking it up fri after work. going to use it this weekend to mow the pastures at my grandmother's. loader is still 2-3 weeks out

Back