Oregon 511AX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal, but not as good as mine (free).
biggrin.gif

No seriously, sounds like a pretty good price.

Just curious, but did yours come with the rollers on each side of the rails like the Tecomec unit. Here's a link to it's specs and pictures of the new improvements. http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65226&d=1203372179

The main change on this grinder is that it will sharpen all sizes even harvester chains. It has a self centering vise that makes it even better. I was told the first one Tecomec sent over customers were complaining about the wide rails and chains catching in them and that's why they upgraded them to a roller system.

Just curious, but did yours come with the rollers on each side of the rails like the Tecomec unit. Here's a link to it's specs and pictures of the new improvements. http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65226&d=1203372179

The main change on this grinder is that it will sharpen all sizes even harvester chains. It has a self centering vise that makes it even better. I was told the first one Tecomec sent over customers were complaining about the wide rails and chains catching in them and that's why they upgraded them to a roller system.
Heck Tony I might trade you some Kansas grown beef for one of those!!

Mine doesn't have rollers, and I do have that problem! It's much worse with small chain. I wonder if there's an upgrade kit available?

Yes, it has the rollers...

So I suppose kudos are in order to O's Small Engines in South Beloit, IL.
Thanks, Jay!!:clap:

How do you like it? I'm thinking about.......ok, thinking about getting one too.

I just got it last week and I’ve got as far as getting it mounted on the wall. But it seems well built. I’ve been filling my chains since day one so the grinder in something new for me to learn.
Amiks were great! The introductory price was good, plus they replaced a wheel that got broke during shipment.

I just got it last week and I’ve got as far as getting it mounted on the wall. But it seems well built. I’ve been filling my chains since day one so the grinder in something new for me to learn.
Amiks were great! The introductory price was good, plus they replaced a wheel that got broke during shipment.
I'm going to order today and you are right, Amicks is a good place! And poor little ole Tony. Did ya notice how skinny he's getting in the pic he posted a while back? I dont think he's been eating much.lol lol I'm going to help him all i can by buying from him. The man needs to eat! lol

Hello Ryan,

This problem has been fixed and the 511ax grinders are now coming equipped with rollers on the end of the vise to eliminate the chain catching. If you purchase a 511ax without the updated vise I have them in stock and can send you one free of charge.

Best Regards,

Alison Heynderickx

Technical Customer Service

toll free: 800.223.5168

Ph:503.653.4706

fax ; 503.353.6423

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:50 AM
To: Technical Services and Sales
Subject: oregon 511ax

hello,

I am intrested in purchasing a 511ax chain grinder. I like the features of this particular grinder except the fact I have red multiple complaints of chains catching on the edges of the chain vise. So My question is it possible to get the vise set up on the tecomec jolly star grinder http://www2.tecomec.it/database/tec...D1A6F442C0B7606C12571EA004D8D84?OpenDocument( the one with the rollers on the edges of the vise) or is that not an option. I have called multiple oregon dealers and they have no idea what I am talking about. So for me right now it is a toss up between the tecomec unit and the orgeon unit which I understand is made by tecomec anyway I just like the added feature on the oregon unit that you can adjust for worn grinding weels and with the jolly star this is not an option.

thanks much for any help on this matter.
Ryan

Back