OT Brrrrrrrrrr !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Little chilly outside today. I think I'll hang out surf the net and keep the woodburner stoked up.
Nice and toasty inside.

saw020.jpg

Last edited:
It's a balmy -15 here. I started my 7.3 Power Stroke and it's not sounding all to happy.

how cold is it there in indiana? Last night it got down to -30 here and its supposed to get up to -8.

.....opps, i didnt see the pic...damn dial up

Last edited:
The truck thermometer said -14 on the way to work. Supposed to hit 6 today and a balmy 30 tomorrow. Weekend is supposed to be 35 and 40. Gonna cut a couple more loads of wood.

It's 17 here now....

I tell ya,,for Ky. weather,,this is too damn cold!!!! Suppose to be -6 tonight...I about froze my butt off gettin wood for today and tonight stacked on my porch..Dont like to keep wood on my porch,,but sure the heck aint gonna pack it while it's this cold...LOL!!! Global warming my butt!!!!!:givebeer:

Pretty chilly here, too. Fired up the Jeep this morning and didn't leave it running while I finished getting dressed, so it was cold as $*#* on the way to work. Power steering took half the trip to work to feel normal.

Went the three blocks to the bank at lunch in dress pants/shirt and a lighweight fleece vest. COLD! But the temperature has kept the walk-in client volume to a pleasantly low level these past couple days!

The fireplace and I will be spending some quality time together tonight!

It was -8 at noon here today. The good thing is the sun is shining. A freind of mine called from SK last night. I believe he said it was around -40 up there.

Bill

Finally warmed up here. Was below -15*F for three weeks and yesterday morning came up to +34*F right now. Doesn't appear like it will last as the weather-guessers tell us it will drop back below 0*F tomorrow night.

It must be that dang global warming they keep talking about. No, wait... now they're calling it "climate change". I've seen the two coldest winters in a row here in a long time.

Cold Here Too!

I suppose getting down to +8* F is pretty balmy for some of you. But for those who think it's always warm in the South, that's what they're saying the temp will be here in NC Sat morning. Oh no! Does that mean I'm not really in the South anymore?! Time to move!

Thermometer in the Road grader I was driving yesterday morning ('07 Volvo) said -19c when I got in it at 4:00 am, dropped to -22C by 6:00 am. -18c is about 0F. Plugged in the grader I have at home (1960 Champion with a cummins) before I left for work, block heater and 2 magnetic heaters on the hydraulic tank. 4:00 pm it fired up okay, hydraulics worked fine, but not teh power steering. Usually takes 10 or 15 minutes to get power steering when it's this cold, cleaned out the laneway and never did get power. Power steering uses the same oil resovoir as the hydraulics, separate pump.....
-20C again this morning, high of -12 and sunny. Calling for more worse cold and wind with it. warming up a little on the weekend and more snow...... Furnace was on when I got home from work today, stove was out dammit!!

I live at 8500 feet in the Colorado Rockies, it was muddy here today. High in the low 40's, low in the teens and plenty of sunshine.

You all can keep that cold weather, I don't need any more. :buttkick:

Did you have it plugged in ??

I have to drive my 7.3 to work tomorrow & its suposed to get down to -6 tonight.

Thermostat stuck open in the wifes car, so it wont warm up & the battery in her van is about toast, so she has to drive my beater (that I drive to work) which leaves me with my truck. I will plug it in before I go to bed tonight.

I got a new battery & T stat, but im not going to turn any wrenches when its this cold out.

Have you had to replace O rings on the fuel filter canister yet ??

Mine started leaking late last winter. The colder it gets, the worse it leaks. when its above 40 its fine.

It's a balmy -15 here. I started my 7.3 Power Stroke and it's not sounding all to happy.

Did you have it plugged in ??

I have to drive my 7.3 to work tomorrow & its suposed to get down to -6 tonight.

Thermostat stuck open in the wifes car, so it wont warm up & the battery in her van is about toast, so she has to drive my beater (that I drive to work) which leaves me with my truck. I will plug it in before I go to bed tonight.

I got a new battery & T stat, but im not going to turn any wrenches when its this cold out.

Have you had to replace O rings on the fuel filter canister yet ??

Mine started leaking late last winter. The colder it gets, the worse it leaks. when its above 40 its fine.

Good questions. No, as Murphy's Laws would have it, I discovered my block heater was not working after the first night I needed it. I had to order the replacement since it was not in stock. It just came in today and I get to change it in this BS weather. Yes, I'm a cheap skate. Example number 2: I've changed the "O" rings twice. It really is quiet easy. However, I changed them again about 3 days after the first. It seems those 99 cent "O" rings from NAPA don't handle the heat/pressure like the ones that cost 10 times more from Ford and come in the complete oil pump repair kit.

Yeah it's a little cold up here. It was -27 this morning and with the wind it was between -40 and -50, but hey who's counting. I'm just glad I was down here in the heatwave. My folks live up north and they had -37 actual temp without wind chill factored in.

Back