OT: Shindaiwa line trimmers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatsnext

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Anyone have any time on these? A local guy is closing out the blue T231 straight shaft trimmers for $129. I've been pretty happy with my Husky 123L's but this is a good price.
Thanks, John.......

HiOctane

HiOctane

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Im using a 123L,runs good ,but I know T231 and they have a more solid feel construction than Husky,the vibe system on Husky gives the impression the tube is loose from the engine.I will buy T 231 without any hesitation,they are reliable,easy to start,compared easily to any offered from big ones.

Simonizer

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
whatsnext said:
Anyone have any time on these? A local guy is closing out the blue T231 straight shaft trimmers for $129. I've been pretty happy with my Husky 123L's but this is a good price.
Thanks, John.......
I don't know this model, but the C-27 and C-35 were the benchmark in line trimmers. (Pricey though)~$800.00 CAD.

whatsnext

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Simonizer said:
I don't know this model, but the C-27 and C-35 were the benchmark in line trimmers. (Pricey though)~$800.00 CAD.
I'm pretty sure the regular price for this model is about $300us. I looked at the lawn equipment sites and the "pros" say to get the bigger models but they say the same thing here. I think I'll go pick up a couple tomorrow and be set for the next couple of years at least.
John..

Elmore

Elmore

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great Brush Cutter turned Line Trimmer

I have been using a B-45 brush cutter coupled with a Green Machine bump and feed line head for about 19 years. It's a killer. I wish I could find a good deal like that on another Shindaiwa but I've got to have handlebars.

whatsnext

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Elmore said:
Get an extra and I'll trade you a Japanese Maple for it...heh heh :)
I went back after work and they only had one left so I grabbed it. I need to learn to trust my instincts a little more. It's a little throatier sounding than the 123L but it's quieter at full throttle. The cat muffler keeps it nice and warm. The blue bodywork is a little odd but it's a 'limited edition' so it's cool. And, it's got "pro" written on the shaft so I'm golden. I guess Shindaiwas are only sold at 'real dealers' which is why I have not seen much of them in KC. It's got a real nice looking, large diameter, head but only time will tell if it really works. Ask me in a couple of years.
Thanks, John...

Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
Knowing what I do about shindaiwa, that machine will take more of a beating than a jackhammer bit, and come back for more. I ran a T231 once, very impressive, even though it had a bad bearing in the gearbox, and all the abused covers I saw, but it worked. wasnt mine, but I did run it for a few hours, then switched to an Echo SRM260.

God of ArboristSite
Shindaiwa Pricing contact AOPE sales here
Model Description

Type Price
22F 21.1cc Grass Trimmer Residential/Curved Shaft 169.99
22T 21.2cc Grass Trimmer w/i Start Residential/Curved Shaft 209.99
T231 22.5cc Grass Trimmer/Brush Cutter Residential/Straight Shaft 249.99
T231X 22.5cc Grass Trimmer/Brush Cutter Commercial/Straight Shaft 269.99
T261 24.1cc Grass Trimmer/Brush Cutter Commercial/Straight Shaft 349.99
T2510 24.1cc Grass Trimmer Commercial/Straight Shaft 379.99
T272 27.2cc Grass Trimmer/Brush Cutter Commercial/Straight Shaft 389.99
T272X 27.2cc Grass Trimmer/Brush Cutter Commercial/Straight Shaft 389.99