Pacific Northwest GTG June 10th-12th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
For a couple of months now it was mention that I was going to be invited to a wedding. The invite arrived this week. June 11th:mad: So now I'm in between a rock and a hard place. I really wanted to make this GTG. Now ????????

Easy choice...go to the GTG. The food is better and you don't have to dress up.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Aaron... I am gonna keep the old jug... just in case. :) But I might change my mind between now and then.

Gary

10-4 mang.:cheers:

Using the oversize rings and sizing them to fit is not a big deal. In fact I have a set of the .020" over rings I'll offer to Gary if he can't find standard rings and then he can just file-to-fit.

The 797 short block is not up for grabs. I only offered it to Gary since he took it in the shorts on the original deal for the 795. I have a whole line of members here wanting running 797s as it is.

Thanks for the ring info Jacob. That opens things up a bit. As for the 797 short block.............well you can't blame me for trying...:jester:

With all this SWAP talk I sure hope we are going to find a little time to really "Play Chainsaw"!
Also......Don't forget that there are still a few piles on the barn floor that need to be given new homes!......:dizzy:......Bob

I think we'll have plenty of time for socializing Bob. Swappin' only takes a few minutes once folks meet up. The fun starts afterwards. You can't blame us for wanting to gather parts for project saws saws so that we can "play chainsaw" with them next year. You can bet I'll be willing to help you clear out your barn floor!:D

Truer words have never been spoken Bob.

slowp

Not true. You need to wear pink, shiny shoes.

I slaved over a hot stove today, and trashed the kitchen--even the floor, to make this. I'll taste test it and it will go to the GTG if it passes quality control.

180104d1302835352-salsa-messy0001-jpg

View attachment 180104

slowp
Hot is different for different people. I'll try to make a mild batch too. Not for a while. I just cleaned up the wreckage from yesterday's work. It is good to have a small kitchen--less to trash and less to clean up. There were no explosions this time. :clap:
Salsa on the ceiling is hard to clean up.

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Camping? No Problem!

Plenty of room for all types. No electricity, some water and two "BUCKS".....No waiting.
Now the weather, that's another question! Was good last year but we have a saying here in Oregon......If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!
I don't see that my PM box is full so try again for more detailed information.
Now you swap meet guys.......I was at a local saw shop and they have some older NOS Husky stuff, cylinders, tanks, cranks, and, crankcase for 266, 272 and so forth along with some big old Mac carcasses that I will throw in the pick up and bring out for sale cheap.
This is Shaping Up!!!!...........:msp_smile:

dieselsmoke

dieselsmoke

ArboristSite Operative
Mac Carcasses, and cheap, and camping, and dry weather, wow, life couldn't get any better. All I need is a tent site, and parking for one 'ol dodge pickup. I'll try the PM again.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Plenty of room for all types. No electricity, some water and two "BUCKS".....No waiting.
Now the weather, that's another question! Was good last year but we have a saying here in Oregon......If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!
I don't see that my PM box is full so try again for more detailed information.
Now you swap meet guys.......I was at a local saw shop and they have some older NOS Husky stuff, cylinders, tanks, cranks, and, crankcase for 266, 272 and so forth along with some big old Mac carcasses that I will throw in the pick up and bring out for sale cheap.
This is Shaping Up!!!!...........:msp_smile:

Mac Carcasses, and cheap, and camping, and dry weather, wow, life couldn't get any better. All I need is a tent site, and parking for one 'ol dodge pickup. I'll try the PM again.

Sounds great to me! There will be room in the truck for Mac carcasses. Husky NOS stuff eh? I may end up with a 'rebuilder' 257, and would be happy to get a 262XP jug and slug for it if I do...

I'll need a spot for a tent and an old diesel Ford pickup. I have a 12'x12' easy-up awning I could bring for extra outdoor saws-n-stuff shelter too.

Last edited:
littlelizard1

littlelizard1

ArboristSite Lurker
wife and i cant make this one

:cry:
i looked last year at this and though how cool would this be, this year same event happening on the same weekend conflict, grrr.

the wife was really intrigued, she was in the Forestry Competition stuff here in high school. I told her about what this was about and showed some of the pics from last year, needless to say I think I will have to organize an east side Oregon GTG. hopefully a post coming soon!!

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
:cry:
i looked last year at this and though how cool would this be, this year same event happening on the same weekend conflict, grrr.

the wife was really intrigued, she was in the Forestry Competition stuff here in high school. I told her about what this was about and showed some of the pics from last year, needless to say I think I will have to organize an east side Oregon GTG. hopefully a post coming soon!!

Wait until she sees my new red hat.

Latest posts