Pacific Northwest GTG June 10th-12th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JJ... I'm getting my Pro-street truck ready for the season... saws are just sitting, and taking up room. So I'm gonna unload almost all of them. i would like to see them go to good homes. :)

I know how it goes. There's only so much time and money available for hobbies and a guy has to decide. Let me see what I have in the way of parts for your Super 250 on my next trip home. I don't have piston rings but I should have most of the other stuff.

95% sure I can make it. Have a ton of saws to sell or trade.

The 990 is a G. never have got around to starting it and have kept the extra PC just incase this needs one.

iell016.jpg

HEY McBOB,

dont worry about not bringing a saw.

Just take some home with ya. :D

Just maybe looking for a few really good two man saws got any ??

McBob.

I think mcbob got the word from my posting on the RS site. That post does mention the facebook page and this site.
Seems he will be flying into LAX and then get a connector to Eugene. He could use some advice about that! Also, he is under the impression that he would be an easy winner of the "Long Distance Award" (should there be one). So far I haven't the heart to tell him that he would be only a distant third as You and Nate will be touching down from "Pretty Far Out"!!!.....:laugh:.......Bob

I would have easily made a "Long Distance Award" if I could attend the GTG. I live in sandia park new mexico. About 1444 miles plus! I am going to be visting my brother in silverdale wa june 9th to 13th. Then I am heading up to canuck-a-stan (Hong-cover) to catch a boat to alaska. Arrr!

Always next year I guess!

Mike

I know how it goes. There's only so much time and money available for hobbies and a guy has to decide. Let me see what I have in the way of parts for your Super 250 on my next trip home. I don't have piston rings but I should have most of the other stuff.

Thanks a bunch JJ... I did find a set of rings. Just have to clear a spot on the workbench to stick the piston, rod, and crank back in the Super 250. I still need a few things.

Funny thing is... the only thing I have left from the original saw is the gas tank, full wrap handlebar, airbox/rear handle, starter, and clutch cover. :dizzy:

Gary

I have a 090 and parts saw I would like to sell together. a Jred 90 also. If anyone is interested
PM your email addy, the shipping is a killer on these.
Like $80 for the powerhead to the US. So I would rather bring them to the GTG than ship.
Bob

Gary-

Were you still interested in swapping in the 797 short block or are you just tired of messing with it now?

JJ... I'm getting my Pro-street truck ready for the season... saws are just sitting, and taking up room. So I'm gonna unload almost all of them. i would like to see them go to good homes. :)

So I won't be needing that 797 shortblock. The only saws I'm keeping are my work saws and a couple of my faves... the 770G, the Super 250.

I will have some miscelaneous McCulloch and Homelite parts that I would like to send your way when all is said and done. :)

Gary

Hey Jacob..............Since Gary doesn't need that 797 shortblock, I can thing of a certain Eccentric fellow from northern Ca that would be interested in it...:D

95% sure I can make it. Have a ton of saws to sell or trade.

The 990 is a G. never have got around to starting it and have kept the extra PC just incase this needs one.

Oh boy that's the stuff Ric. Wouldja be interested in parting with the NOS piston and rings from that 900-series top end? Bring it (and the jug......never know when I might get the gear drive brother of my 900D) to the GTG if you can. I could use some 1130G parts (see my sig) or a parts saw (with said parts) too.

Might as well bring that 990G if you're of a mind to part with it. I doubt you'd have a hard time finding somebody to trade with/sell to. Maybe I'll win the lotto....:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Jacob,

Can a fellow use the .010 (or .020 or .030) over rings in a standard bore Super 250 if that person does a little file work and get the gap where it needs to be (or is there some reason that won't work)? The 55124-55126 oversize Mac rings seem to be everywhere...........while the standard size 55123 are much harder to find.

Heck, I haven't pulled down the saw yet to figure out if I need to just go with standard bore rings (fingers crossed), or if I need to rebore the sucker and go with an oversize piston and rings. Gary's not the only feller who's in need of a workbench clearing...

Through the exhaust ports, the piston and cylinder look great. The rings are still 'springy', but compression is LOW, and the ring gap looks HUGE...........probably over .125".

I could probably use a a set of rod big end rollers for the Super. Maybe a rod too (although I hope not). It makes ugly 'loose bearing' noises when pulled over quickly. Gotta dig into that thing soon so I know what I have/need.

Thanks a bunch JJ... I did find a set of rings. Just have to clear a spot on the workbench to stick the piston, rod, and crank back in the Super 250. I still need a few things.

Funny thing is... the only thing I have left from the original saw is the gas tank, full wrap handlebar, airbox/rear handle, starter, and clutch cover. :dizzy:

Gary

Hey Gary,

Do you still have the original jug from that Super 250? IIRC, you decided not to use it because it was going to need a rebore. Wanna bring it to the GTG for a bit of wheelin'-dealin'..........mang?

Last edited:
Hey Jacob..............Since Gary doesn't need that 797 shortblock, I can thing of a certain Eccentric fellow from northern Ca that would be interested in it...:D

Can a fellow use the .010 (or .020 or .030) over rings in a standard bore Super 250 if that person does a little file work and get the gap where it needs to be (or is there some reason that won't work)? The 55124-55126 oversize Mac rings seem to be everywhere...........while the standard size 55123 are much harder to find.

Using the oversize rings and sizing them to fit is not a big deal. In fact I have a set of the .020" over rings I'll offer to Gary if he can't find standard rings and then he can just file-to-fit.

The 797 short block is not up for grabs. I only offered it to Gary since he took it in the shorts on the original deal for the 795. I have a whole line of members here wanting running 797s as it is.

Hey!!!!

With all this SWAP talk I sure hope we are going to find a little time to really "Play Chainsaw"!
Also......Don't forget that there are still a few piles on the barn floor that need to be given new homes!......:dizzy:......Bob

Using the oversize rings and sizing them to fit is not a big deal. In fact I have a set of the .020" over rings I'll offer to Gary if he can't find standard rings and then he can just file-to-fit.

JJ... I managed to find a set of standard rings for the Super 250. I think all I need now is a muffler (3 bolt type), a choke for the carb, and an oiler. :)

Gary

With all this SWAP talk I sure hope we are going to find a little time to really "Play Chainsaw"!
Also......Don't forget that there are still a few piles on the barn floor that need to be given new homes!......:dizzy:......Bob
If I recall there was more than a few,,, a pair of waders is what was needed!!!:laugh:
More than a couple of beers and I was afraid to enter that place for fear of getting lost!!! :D

Won't be able to make it again this year. We'll be in the Isle of Man at the TT motorbike races. Hope y'all have a great time. Maybe see you at the 2012 GtG.

PS. Diesel is £1.42 a litre here or about 8.40 USD/USG.:msp_angry:

For a couple of months now it was mention that I was going to be invited to a wedding. The invite arrived this week. June 11th:mad: So now I'm in between a rock and a hard place. I really wanted to make this GTG. Now ????????

For a couple of months now it was mention that I was going to be invited to a wedding. The invite arrived this week. June 11th:mad: So now I'm in between a rock and a hard place. I really wanted to make this GTG. Now ????????

statistics say that marriage wont last anyway.

blow it off and do the spinning sharp object show :D

Back