Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Terry

Just put a big enough bar on that 797 to do some cooking! Aside from that.....I have a score to settle with one of your smaller yellow devils. Bring it on!!!.....Bob :hmm3grin2orange:

If you cut across on 20, you avoid Boil-over Hill south of Willits and hit 5 at Williams. 5 is probably faster and easier, but boring as hell. We will probably run up 101 up the coast and go East on 42, I think its 42, it goes into Salem. I am getting a flinch reaction just thinking about 199. Caltrans can make 101 a nightmare in summer.

Your reminder about 199 is going to give me nightmares. Last time we drove 199 from Crescent City to Grants Pass, a huge mobile home was being moved in the opposite direction. We squeezed past each other on a blind curve in a very narrow section of the road. The good news it wasn't a logging truck with overheated brakes hauling a load downhill on a single-lane logging road.

We have traveled 199 a couple dozen times in the last year and a half, the return trip is the always the worst, the canyon is not fun in the dark.

Just put a big enough bar on that 797 to do some cooking! Aside from that.....I have a score to settle with one of your smaller yellow devils. Bring it on!!!.....Bob :hmm3grin2orange:

That's funny!!..yep you said it with that brand all they do is score:rock: I'll bring it and the saw:hmm3grin2orange: Got a new saw rig 1975 Chevy K5 Blazer 4x4 full removable top to the windshield and that top is coming off...to fit the smoker and the 500cc's

Yep! We are doing it again! :) We had hosted two fun ones then skipped a year. Turns out we missed the fun so here we go again! :clap: Dates are the 7th,8th, and 9th of June. This has also been posted in our PNW group here on AS and can be viewed on the Pacific Northwest GTG Facebook page. The Facebook page has plenty of pictures of the two prior GTGs and there is also a bunch here on AS. Do a search! For more specific information and such don't hesitate to PM me.........Thanks......Bob PS..... WILDTHINGS..... ARE WELCOME!!! :msp_wink:

Sent my request on FB to join the page :hmm3grin2orange:

Thank you

Shawn and slowp.......We needed the BUMPS...:rock:....( you too northman ) Sometime soon we are going to need the "sticky". Now that we are commited to the GTG I am starting to work on some saws that had been left here with the ever popular; "no hurry" or "when you get around to it" NOOSE! Seems like a long time since I've been out in the barn and I'd forgotten where half the crap is and the other half is crap! Looks about the same as the last times GTG and maybe even worse! At least I could remember where and what last time. I hope some of those piles go out the door this year........Looking Forward to it........Bob:msp_thumbsup:

Shawn and slowp.......We needed the BUMPS...:rock:....( you too northman ) Sometime soon we are going to need the "sticky". Now that we are commited to the GTG I am starting to work on some saws that had been left here with the ever popular; "no hurry" or "when you get around to it" NOOSE! Seems like a long time since I've been out in the barn and I'd forgotten where half the crap is and the other half is crap! Looks about the same as the last times GTG and maybe even worse! At least I could remember where and what last time. I hope some of those piles go out the door this year........Looking Forward to it........Bob:msp_thumbsup:

I'll be sure to leave some room in the Ranger. Gonna be tough, as Fraser's already bringing stuff for me to bring home.:D

accepted, kinda put two and two together. hope ya got enough room in the ranger. ;) long bed or short.

bob need room to park this sleeping and saw hauling trailer. thanks.
attachment.php

accepted, kinda put two and two together. hope ya got enough room in the ranger. ;) long bed or short.

6' bed. Going to bring a minimum of saws, tools, and the like along with camping gear. Trying to locate a cheap shell to put on the Ranger before then. That'll help with security/peace of mind, as I'll most likely stay in a cheap motel or campground overnight somewhere around the 1/2 way point.................unless I do the crazy 12+ hour burn straight through. Done that before, and am not wanting to do that again. Keeps things dry if it decides to rain too. A trailer like yours is on the wish list, but won't be a happening this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back