Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most snow we have ever had this late in the year ever. 3miles away they have 8" we only have 3-4.

CK don't you know????

Its the Global warming thing huh!!!! What a crock of Crap!!!!!

Im like lakeside,,, Ive burned more wood this year than the last 2 prevoius years combined!!!! LOL!!!!! :greenchainsaw: :monkey: :dizzy:

BOB (Gologit) Check Your PM'S!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I can bring my old (shudder) CA license plates. I was in exile there for a few years downriver from Happy Camp which did not seem happy. Second thoughts on hauling kayaks. They are scary to haul. I usually have the visors down so I'm not seeing them. I'm thinking there won't be much time for a launching--if something starts up here as planned, I'll have to be back in time to get out early on Monday. Mondays are days of crisis. I'll be able to drive the more gas mileage worthy pickup. Should I bring some chairs?

The weather!! Today it was dumping snow but the sun was out while it was dumping. I have a wet back from the tree glops. Snow, then warm sun, then cold snow...Spring. Well, I'm out to scrounge the weird pieces of firewood that I was hoping would be used for campfires.

Yes Chairs forgot all about that. Great Idea because I only have two.

We'll bring some chairs also and the BBQer.
I plan on going to costco and picking up a choice piece of meat to put on the fire to share.
Man it is snowing alot outside and the sun is shining!
Of course Washington is known for raining and sunshine at the same time.

Chair's, food, drink and whatever else anyone can think of would be great. Will try to get some more wood down to the field this weekend. What Time does everyone want to get started on saturday.

My wife won't be nearly so happy to meet you now.... :laugh: No sweat, it'll probably be too cold for her anyway.

Ian

It is the Columbia Gorge. Gonna be windy.
I've hauled toys before only to have them sit on the car. The Subaru does have a better radio than the Chevy though. Chevy 6000 miles, Subaru 100,000+. Chevy, 27 to 29 mpg. Subaru 25mpg or less with kayaks on top. That's my reasoning. Ruh roh, been hanging around engineers too much. Sorry.:dizzy:

So if we are able to make it (newbie), what cuts of elk do u'all from down south want to try to bbq? I have a freezer full (more elk than firewood left). Will try to let you know soon if I can make the trip over to the west side. Are we far enough west that Keystone will be replaced with Mirror Pond?

I'll throw in the fold up table too. There's a campground up at Trout Lake that has showers too, if motels are full and you want to camp. Trout Lake has a pretty view of Mt. Adams and is on the drier side of the mountains...pine grows there. Just don't buy any huckleberry stuff because this encourages the commercial pickers and they hit my secret patch hard last year. I had to find another secret patch. :cry: :chainsaw: :censored:
They'll probably find the new one this year since I cut the brush out of the road to it. :cry:

I'll throw in the fold up table too. There's a campground up at Trout Lake that has showers too, if motels are full and you want to camp. Trout Lake has a pretty view of Mt. Adams and is on the drier side of the mountains...pine grows there. Just don't buy any huckleberry stuff because this encourages the commercial pickers and they hit my secret patch hard last year. I had to find another secret patch. :cry: :chainsaw: :censored:
They'll probably find the new one this year since I cut the brush out of the road to it. :cry:

Oh yeah...Mt. Adams huckleberries. That's one of my few good memories of Klickitat County:) . But if I can't pick them myself it wouldn't be the same. And I promise not to buy from the commercial pickers. :censored:

So if we are able to make it (newbie), what cuts of elk do u'all from down south want to try to bbq? I have a freezer full (more elk than firewood left). Will try to let you know soon if I can make the trip over to the west side. Are we far enough west that Keystone will be replaced with Mirror Pond?

I love any kind of elk meat. Pretty much what I live on most of the time.

Here's some pictures of today's weather at around 1800 feet elevation. This is the north end of the road that goes from Randle to Cougar and you can turn off and go to Windy Ridge at Mt. St. Helens. It was bare here a couple days ago. I got tired of cutting the same old trees out of the same old road so decided to check this out. A logger was planning on bringing a cat in tomorrow and plowing but now he has more plowing to do. It is snowing hard down here right now and starting to stick.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Of course, there's way way more snow on up the road so if it doesn't get plowed all the way, it'll be some time before Windy Ridge is accessible. Like July.

Latest posts

Back