Partner P100 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cul8ter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there, at the moment I am working on a homemade scooter project. I have just recently mannaged to get my hands on a partner P100. The saw starts and runs very well. I am aware that this engine is 100cc, but I was wondering if anyone on here may be able to tell me what the power output and maximum rpm for this engine may be? Also, are there any weak points in this engine that I should watch out for?
This scooter is going to have no clutch, because I have my doubts about the standard clutch. I am also using a jack-shaft setup using go kart sprockets. The final drive ratio will be 10:1. I was also wondering if these engines are of very good quality when compared to other brands such as stihl and husky?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

cul8ter said:
Hi there, at the moment I am working on a homemade scooter project. I have just recently mannaged to get my hands on a partner P100. The saw starts and runs very well. I am aware that this engine is 100cc, but I was wondering if anyone on here may be able to tell me what the power output and maximum rpm for this engine may be? Also, are there any weak points in this engine that I should watch out for?
This scooter is going to have no clutch, because I have my doubts about the standard clutch. I am also using a jack-shaft setup using go kart sprockets. The final drive ratio will be 10:1. I was also wondering if these engines are of very good quality when compared to other brands such as stihl and husky?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The P100 is a great saw, and has a good quality engine. Definitely comprable to stihl and husky in quality. It's not an especially high reving engine, off the top of my head I would say like 8000 rpm max.

It's almost painful to see a good saw torn down and used as a scooter but I think you will be pleased with the performance.

Thank you two for the replys. So, because this saw does not rev all that high, does this mean that it should produce its power lower down than most saws? Is there anything I could do to this engine to improve its power output?
Sorry about all the questions, I just want to get everything sorted out before I start mounting the engine. Thanks again, Sam

retoocs555 said:
.... It's almost painful to see a good saw torn down and used as a scooter but I think you will be pleased with the performance.

That's right! :bang: :bang:

Please don't do it - don't kill that poor saw. :cry: :cry: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The P100 should rev out to 11,200 off load as mine does they are the same as the Pro Mac 1000 and mine is off racing this weekend some-one has to keep those pesky Stihl and Huskies in line and behind.

Mc Bob

and i'm sitting here in need of the coil for one with my saw at the shop. and what do i hear all the time.. "oh thats not so common a saw.. we'll have to call the old partner dealer up at allagash.. maybe he has that part." if you can come up with a clever way to get it to start without its current point/coil setup.. i'll buy your coil... or be interested in what you did.

Well, this saw does not have points, but I have another old partner R435 engine that works (I am using it for spare parts). These saws share many parts. The R435 engine uses points. It has a different coil to my P100, but It has a special mount that it bolts onto, which I am fairly certain will fit onto the P100 (I have to take both flywheels off both of these engines before I am certain - problem is that the flywheels are stuck.)

On your P100, if you look behind the flywheel, where the cylinder meets the crankcase, you will see that there is a rectangular shape missing out of the crankcase casting - this is where the mount for the old coil comes up from behind the flywheel.

I am not sure If this old setup will work with the new saw but I will give it a try as soon as I can get the flywheels off both engines. If it is the points that are stuffed on your engine, then maybe you could try getting one of those electronic ignition moduels of another engines. I have done this with a few whipper snipper engines. If I sold the coil off my P100, I might consider parting off the whole saw, and instead use the money to get my 40cc solo 140 engine rebuilt and use that on the scooter. Only problem with selling stuff is that I live in Australia and I am only 15, so I am not very experienced with selling things over the web.

And for those of you who are sad about me using this saw on a scooter, don't worry because nothing is cut off or welded to it. It's conversion into a scooter engine will be quick and painless :laugh:

Anyway, thanks everyone for their replys so far.

Back