Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
attachment.php

Just how hard is it to spike up one of those? From here it looks about impossible.

Scrat

Scrat

ArboristSite Operative
Pin Oak Removal

First picture posted, Hope I did it right. You can see my partner,setting a block at the top of the picture too.

Scrat

Scrat

ArboristSite Operative
My youngest climber

Here is my eight year old son looking real serious and getting ready for some DRT, Next thing ya know he will want his own 200T and a set of junior Geckos!

ForTheArborist

ForTheArborist

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 210228

LXT, pwease help. I can't do this. It's too scary up here, and stop bringing up my balloon knot. Someone life flight me out of this tree.

OK, enough memories from me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Toddppm

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's ugly, how'd you do it? Trying to pull a log out of a pile?

That guy comes in and splits all of your wood for you? How much can he do in a day?

2treeornot2tree

2treeornot2tree

Dont cry, just do it
I dont really know how I did it. I was pulling logs off the pile, think i had about 5 17' logs in the grapple. Didn't even notice it until I went to pick them up one at a time and put them on the table. That grapple is poorly built also. The square tube is only 1/8" thick, but everything else is 3/8" thick steel. Guess thats why it was only $1200. I spent most of the day taking it apart and welding it back together. I also added some supports to prevent it from happening again.

The guy with the processor is a amish guy and he charges $30 a hour. He can process about 1.5 cords a hour. I had to pick him up, and tow the processor to my house and back to his. He was on site for about 7.5 hours but only charged me for 6 hours. He processed about 10 or so cords for me in the 6 hours. I am gonna restock my pile of logs and have him come in again.

Toddppm

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Damn what a deal from the amish guy! Wonder what he'd charge just to get the wood himslef and split it for you? $40/cord?

Grace Tree

Grace Tree

Impossible Access
hell yeah. for that kinda money I'd pick him up from ohio , get all my wood split in a few days and be done with it..
I'd split the cost with you, SJ. The romance went out of wood splitting long ago. I talked to an Amish guy a few years ago who was interested in doing something like that and almost pulled the trigger on a processor but he said that as soon as he got established 6 other Amish would start doing the same thing.
Phil

2treeornot2tree

2treeornot2tree

Dont cry, just do it
You never know he might be interested. Him and his brothers log. One of his other brothers has a portable mill too, I am gonna find out what he charges. I wanted to quick get him in before he realized he wasn't making any money and uped his rate. I know I can't cut to length and split a cord for $20.

Latest posts