Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And flippin out

aaaaanoak023.jpg

My pic is not as pretty, stupid I-Phone, plus it was almost dark. I love doing that, can really stretch out, when I do that, my back cracks really good!

Mattfr12, its a 10yr. old weaver DD saddle, its served me well, very good fit for me, would buy another if it wears out.
Yep, some of gear is newer, spur pads, bloodstopper, samurai saw...I hope thats ok with everyone?...lol

Well I am amazed, it does look in very good shape.

can't tell from the pic, you tied in up there?

No, but I probably should have. Not much to tie into except for the log itself, and I didn't really want to be attached to that in case it moved. I could only chunk off a few pieces at the end before I was over the lower roof. I then set up staging on the lower roof and worked the trunk back to the main roof....PITA! I could have plucked the whole thing off the roof with a crane but didn't have one available a the time and the owners probably wouldn't have wanted to pay for that either.

No, but I probably should have. Not much to tie into except for the log itself, and I didn't really want to be attached to that in case it moved. I could only chunk off a few pieces at the end before I was over the lower roof. I then set up staging on the lower roof and worked the trunk back to the main roof....PITA! I could have plucked the whole thing off the roof with a crane but didn't have one available a the time and the owners probably wouldn't have wanted to pay for that either.

Not to be an armchair arborist, but from the pics I would have set up a speedline from one of the trees in the back to my tractor where the camera is. Cut the overhang that you are sitting on one piece at a time and send it down the zipline on a sling (don't hit the tractor,lol). Then cut and throw the stuff on the roof. Just exercising my brain, not criticizing how it was done :smile2:.

scary s##t man..Not critisizing - I've done worse in my younger years but .....

please don't do that anymore...

I hate reading about statistics...

Hell of a line angle, lol......... Looks like fun.

I know, bad line angle. I tied to the top of the only tree around so that's the best I could do. I also tied to the lift line itself with my lanyard. Those are $15,000 fiber optic cables under the tree so I had to be damn sure not to break or cut them!

the other top blew out during a storm and broke a septic tank lid, smashed the lid on a propane tank and went into the eave of a home, i worked the ground and come alongs and we took down a few around the house. these trees basically blew you over with wind when they hit the ground.. this ladys boyfreind went and bought a new 361 and alaska mill and milled all the wood in about 3 months

Last edited:
Back