Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1900.jpg

Is that a skyworker?

first removal I did with the crane we picked up a couple months ago. manitex 1461
pic was taken from the crane controls about 50 ft away (zoomed in a bit)

That's where wood gets heavy. I think you would have been fine without cutting the notch for the strap to bite into. When you lift like that the strap really gets stressed working itself into the notch, strength is diminished and it wears it out fast. If you are gonna cut a notch for that purpose make sure its wide enough to nicely accomadate the rigging, round it off a little, the corners are sharp with 9k.

here's a few fun pics

460sawdustcloud.jpg

Sawdust cloud with a 460

660mag.jpg

660 Mag and Rock Exotica original rigging plate

almostdone.jpg

Dead oak removal, growing over primary lines on one side and over 3 phase on another side

wayupthere.jpg

oak removal over a 3 story house, and they were framing a deck under this tree while I was removing it! lol

climbinglex4-1.jpg

me and my ten year old in a large bur oak -- I got her to climb up to 65' in this tree, and she knows her knots -- she's still working on footlocking http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l525/iustinian5000/climbinglex4-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's where wood gets heavy. I think you would have been fine without cutting the notch for the strap to bite into. When you lift like that the strap really gets stressed working itself into the notch, strength is diminished and it wears it out fast. If you are gonna cut a notch for that purpose make sure its wide enough to nicely accomadate the rigging, round it off a little, the corners are sharp with 9k.

yeah I was a little nervous about the strap slipping off (didn't think about leaving a few good stubs there) so I made the notch. thanks for the tip Dan

My submission, think it covers our main subject this year on AS

Good thing they added the handgun option to the package, its got to be much easier to use than the Chinese made 2x4 they used to supply. I guess you only need one at that range but how many bullets does it come with?

460sawdustcloud.jpg

Sawdust cloud with a 460

660mag.jpg

660 Mag and Rock Exotica original rigging plate

almostdone.jpg

Dead oak removal, growing over primary lines on one side and over 3 phase on another side

wayupthere.jpg

oak removal over a 3 story house, and they were framing a deck under this tree while I was removing it! lol

climbinglex4-1.jpg

me and my ten year old in a large bur oak -- I got her to climb up to 65' in this tree, and she knows her knots -- she's still working on footlocking http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l525/iustinian5000/climbinglex4-1.jpg

Pretty good shot-AND who took the Picture?

Anyone know how to post a photo from an iPhone ??

You could try an app called tapa talk. Or just do like arborpro said. I am sure there is an even easier way than tapatalk that I just have yet to figure out. I think the I4s is amazing.

Latest posts

Back