Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 211608

Jeff, you cant even hang with these posts, youre so far gone. You had your time and I respect that, but please stick with what you know. Run a few estimates, buy a few saws ,maybe grab lunch if the crew is ahead of schedule. Now stay out my thread unless you have a pic.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking wheres that pic

Last edited:
I saw that, StihlO. You can talk to me ol buddy ol pal. What do you need to know? :biggrin: I'm not doing bad. I'm doing good. :msp_thumbup: You know.....the usual stuff like driving the speed limit, randomly turning in gangsters, n ooooh I don't know......a big cartel bastard once in a blue moon. What a guy I am. I know. :bowdown:

Tuesday afternoon, I was cutting the stump of a maple I took, I see something out of the corner of my eye, I take a quick glance, I see cop car lights behind my bucket truck! I stop and do a double take, Its a Sheriff deputy getting out of the car, then I realize its one of my buddys just screwin around. I have no reason to be nervous, but for some reason, when I seen those lights, it got me in a panic! He eats donuts and muffins all the time, LOL, but is ripped like Jesus! I have several buds who wear a badge. Keep trying to talk one of them into invading one of the hacker job sites and say " you are under arrest" "for the mutilation of that tree"

This one is the best! Nice mower, whats around the steering wheel!
Its a whoopie sling, holds the porta wrap (that metal thing that you said you could make). I was giving that one guy I was telling you about a hard time. Call me later, I'll tell you more. Why I need that mower!!!!!! I found a extra camera for you , will give it to you Sunday, take a pic of that old saw u use. Post on here. Will be real good! hehehehehe

I was trimming the dead out of a large tree at the courthouse in my old hometown many years ago. A couple of cops rode by and came over the load speaker on their cruiser and told me to jump, lol.

View attachment 211691 heres more pics cuz you guys argue about stupid ish and some should delete the bs. commentary. I still am handing it to tin hat and stogie man so far..some real nice east coast hardwood pics though..big old oaks and such are one of a kind.....View attachment 211699 ... View attachment 211709 ..View attachment 211695...View attachment 211705.. the last pic is where i learned to climb..obviously raising it up that much is detrimental and I knew but they wanted it way up...dropping the Co-Dom off to the right was easy and big..lotta brush! they actually drove to seattle and bought a whipper chipper after tirelessly chainsawing and Lopping yes lopping branches..the wife goes through loppers wears em right out!they are the nicest, kind hearted,hardest working folks i know 55 yr old couple:) cleaned it all up themselfs!!!!

Last edited:
I tied in to an adjacent tree and then to the actual lift cable once I got up there. Since I was on a lift line there was nothing directly overhead to tie into. Here are a couple more pics of the job:

arboristsite3.jpg

arboristsite2.jpg

arboristsite1.jpg

Hey ! what did you do when you got to the part leaning on the cable?? did it stay up or did things get more complex? nice tree nearby though it may be out of reach its closer than nothing! I'm envisioning rigging prussics attached to steel cables !! how would you undo that..new topic:( though it looks like a tip tie off the other tree ideally...just thinkin..how come you dont ascend into a chair and cut it loose with a power pruner..then rig logs to each chair so your logging skyline style!! ok i"ll stop now..maybe more later on this whole ski lift logging..NEW TOPIC!!

Last edited:
Hey ! what did you do when you got to the part leaning on the cable?? did it stay up or did things get more complex? how come you dont ascend into a chair and cut it loose with a power pruner?

The chairs are much further away from me than they look in the photo but I did think about that. I cut the trunk back until it was just on the lift cable (see photo). I then tried to pull it off the cable with a rope but the small nub under the end of the trunk snagged the cable. There was so much play in the lift cable that it just pulled along with the tree. I solved this by pulling the lift cable the other direction with a second rope while keeping tension on the log in the opposite direction. Popped right off.

Anyway, enough blabbering. This thread is supposed to be for pics, not words. I'll shut up now.

resized.jpg

Last edited:
Judging by photo quality first and work being done a close second here is my top 3

1. attachment.php

2. 209152d1322630577-imag0425-jpg

3. arboristsite2.jpg

Hmmm some one else must have complained about my comment to you then. That happens all the time. Just like you I just enjoy the site and dont really give a rats ass what you say to me. So fire all the pretend this and pretend that you want. Just remember I do what you do (even if it is part time) whether you like it or not, but you will never do what I do.

Oh yeah and its Sergeant not Officer.

I had to look to see wtf you were talking about but nope, nobody complained about you directly, there was a complaint on some of the comments on this thread and a mod came in and cleaned it up and handed out tickets all around, you only got a warning. It wasn't about you per se, just about cleaning the thread up............it's what mods do.
Carry on....lol.

View attachment 211608

Jeff, you cant even hang with these posts, youre so far gone. You had your time and I respect that, but please stick with what you know. Run a few estimates, buy a few saws ,maybe grab lunch if the crew is ahead of schedule. Now stay out my thread unless you have a pic.

I'm looking wheres that pic[/QUOTE]

Since you don't care about what you post or what I may potentially post about you : you look like a complete and total D Bag in that pic with your smug little Rent A Cop stare and trying to look like a stiff wind wouldn't knock you down ....... Notice That I am not calling You a D Bag just stating that its my "opinion" that you resemble one .....So don't report me to the whambulance squad ...:hmm3grin2orange: PS THAT FACE SHIELD MAKES YA LOOK LIKE THE RED POWER RANGER WHO I BELIEVE TURNED OUT TO BE A MUDERER AND A BIT LIGHT IN THE LOAFERS ..... WINK WINK

Last edited:
I'm looking wheres that pic

Since you don't care about what you post or what I may potentially post about you : you look like a complete and total D Bag in that pic with your smug little Rent A Cop stare and trying to look like a stiff wind wouldn't knock you down ....... Notice That I am not calling You a D Bag just stating that its my "opinion" that you resemble one .....So don't report me to the whambulance squad ...:hmm3grin2orange: PS THAT FACE SHIELD MAKES YA LOOK LIKE THE RED POWER RANGER WHO I BELIEVE TURNED OUT TO BE A MUDERER AND A BIT LIGHT IN THE LOAFERS ..... WINK WINK[/QUOTE]

Don't start with me 101 its to easy. Your phat azz wanders around this site looking to make insulting comments to guys thousands of miles away, so weak. The kask eye pro set up is the best thing to happen to tree work since the chainsaw. Wont fog, you can't lose it and can be flipped on and off in seconds. Has saved my eye a number of times. Now post a pic.

Since you don't care about what you post or what I may potentially post about you : you look like a complete and total D Bag in that pic with your smug little Rent A Cop stare and trying to look like a stiff wind wouldn't knock you down ....... Notice That I am not calling You a D Bag just stating that its my "opinion" that you resemble one .....So don't report me to the whambulance squad ...:hmm3grin2orange: PS THAT FACE SHIELD MAKES YA LOOK LIKE THE RED POWER RANGER WHO I BELIEVE TURNED OUT TO BE A MUDERER AND A BIT LIGHT IN THE LOAFERS ..... WINK WINK

Now post a pic.[/QUOTE]

Hey Mr. Holden, I climbed from 1977 to 2003. Yeah, I went to management and perk's as I have a family and I also bring alot to the table in my position.
Are you saying that I should not comment on this thread because I haven't had to do production climbing for several year's? I still climb and I train.
I will comment as I see fit.
Jeff

Don't start with me 101 its to easy. Your phat azz wanders around this site looking to make insulting comments to guys thousands of miles away, so weak. The kask eye pro set up is the best thing to happen to tree work since the chainsaw. Wont fog, you can't lose it and can be flipped on and off in seconds. Has saved my eye a number of times. Now post a pic.[/QUOTE]
Listen Mr. Holden small children captive in your basement everyone that knows me knows what I would say here I would have no problem saying right to the face , LOl but seriously though you seem as though there is something firmly implanted in you #######... Smile man I am only ####ing with ya and I posted my pic , but be aware looking at it may cause ya to vomit up your chocolate martini

Back