Picture's of my garage fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it started at the woodburner?

Nope. Started at the other end of the barn where it was much hotter. The fd thinks it was the fridge insurance said they need to investigate on a claim of this size. Sure do wish they would hurry. I'd hate to go through a whole winter without my (and the boys) getaway.:( The wood burner was not going.

I tried to do it different but did'nt have any luck.

You're hitting the quote button when you go to make a new post. Next time, try scrolling down further and look on the left. There's a "reply" button there. That should take care of it.

Sorry to hear about the fire--it must make you sick.

That's terrible, I hope it doesn't take long to get back to where you were.

Sorry to hear about the fire, glad no one was hurt.

What time of day and what was the response time? Garages are hard to save. Too many combustibles and too much open space.

What part of Ohio are you in?

Ouch! So sorry to see that. I hope the insurance comes through, and soon. Looks like you had an 041 or an 056 in there. Too bad to lose that saw.

Yes, it was an 056AVSEQ that the retired tree service company owner down the street gave me along with 4 other saws for free. They were all victoms of the fire. I just got the 056 running great too!!:cry:

Sorry to hear about the fire, glad no one was hurt.

What time of day and what was the response time? Garages are hard to save. Too many combustibles and too much open space.

What part of Ohio are you in?

I got woke up at 1:38am by 2 neighbors. The fd had it out 17 min. from the time of the 911 call. (1:38am).
My grille's propane tank exploded and woke the neighbor up from shaking their bed. BIG BOOM!!!!!!!!!

Oh NO!
Sorry to see what has happened. I know how much the shed means to a bloke.
Hope you can rebuild and get it to how it was in no time.
My wishes go out to you!

Boy those pictures bring back some bad memories. Many years ago I had a house burn.

Sick as I would be now if my shop burned, its not as bad as if someone looses there house...

Glad it was contained, no house was involved and no one was injured.

Good luck with the insurance co, there not too bad most the time on something like this. Start itemizing the contents now!

I got woke up at 1:38am by 2 neighbors. The fd had it out 17 min. from the time of the 911 call. (1:38am).
My grille's propane tank exploded and woke the neighbor up from shaking their bed. BIG BOOM!!!!!!!!!

Sounds likeyou have a good FD and good neighbors. I am truly glad it was not worse.

Be safe,

Fred

The house. The fd said less than 5 more minutes and the house would have lit up 2.
barn010.jpg
The deck was so hot that the sap was comming out of the wood. My neighbor's house is melted some 2. He looked out his back door at the fire and said he had to close the door from the heat and go out the front door. I'm talking HOT brothers. This is not from the wood furnace but I seen 1st hand what 1 could do. YA ALL GOT THEM CHIMNEYS CLEAN!!

The house. The fd said less than 5 more minutes and the house would have lit up 2.
barn010.jpg
The deck was so hot that the sap was comming out of the wood. My neighbor's house is melted some 2. He looked out his back door at the fire and said he had to close the door from the heat and go out the front door. I'm talking HOT brothers. This is not from the wood furnace but I seen 1st hand what 1 could do. YA ALL GOT THEM CHIMNEYS CLEAN!!

Sad to hear. I hope the insurance pulls through for you.
Is your house roof bowed too?

Sorry to hear about your fire,glad it was contained and nobody was hurt.I will be cleaning my stove pipe out tomorrow(I do it 4 or 5 times a season now).I had a stove pipe fire about 14 years ago,I was using the furnance pipe that went up through the middle of the house for the wood stove(not a good idea)I just about had a heart attack trying to get it out.It was shooting flames three foot out of the top and would not stop when I shut the stove down(it was a homemade barrel type my brother made).It was in the basement and the pipe going up through the floor was cherry red and the walls upstairs were hot.I got lucky and found a ladder and a couple of 5 gallon buckets and poured the water down the pipe and it went out.I have a completly different setup now with class A pipe.I think that was the year I burned alot of green wood.Hope everything works out good for you(fires suck,big time).

That charred 056 is one sorry looking beast, but it's now a great conversation piece worth saving for years down the road. I hope your hands are healed up soon so you can get to work building your new garage.

Latest posts

Back