Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Propliner

On the trip up north also piced up a P39 no bar or chain and do not even know if it runs .Also another #1074 and have not determined what the other is.I like the look of the 1200 saw that is attached to the Brushking,that is the name plate on the attachment made in the U.S. by Rowco from NewHampshire
Lawrence

Last edited:
Pioneer 1200 with Brush King Pics

Hi Guy's
Finally I have got around to post pics of this Pioneer model 1200 with brushcutter and P41 as well as the Pioneer flywheel puller I picked up awhile ago.I know that Propliner and Pioneerguy 600 were interested in photos.Jerry I think your on holidays right now,so check them out when you get home.Anyone else like to add some input I'm all ears !
Thanks Guy's
Lawrence

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008031.jpg

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008029.jpg

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008028.jpg

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008027.jpg

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008026.jpg

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008024.jpg

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008023.jpg

Petesoldsaw-BrushKing2008022.jpg

i finally got around to getting some pics of the 600. have started pulling her down and giving a good clean up

well i got 99% of the dirt and grease off pulled the fuel system apart and cleared all the slime. it smelt like someone had run it on paint thinners or something. man did it stink. need to get a seal kit for carby and fuel bowl but it all went back together ok and after just a handfull of pulls she fired into life and near burst my ear drums. i had a smile from ear to ear. if someone could post me some pics of the throttle linkage i would be very greatful. all this had was some dodgey fencing wire and it just dont seem right.

sure is good to hear that somebody takes a great interest in having these old Chain Saws Roar Back To Life!!!:cheers: I know that Jerry is some where up here in Ontario, Canada on Holidays. I think he said he was going to be back some time this week. If nobody has posted Pictures to help you, I'm sure he will. Bruce. P.S. Nice Chain Saw by the way.

Pioneer what else!

Hello Porky616
So with that Pioneer roaring back to life it was a little thunder from down under.I can't take credit for that read it elsewhere on the site,but it sure fits.Porky do you have any pals that have Pioneers?if so get those mates to jump on board and post some pics.Hope all is well in Aus.
P.S. Bruce is right on about Jerry he is the Pioneer 600 guru.Also check in with Propliner he is a heck of a good guy as well .Don't here much from pioneerman these day's too bad.We should have like a picture telethon on this thread,positivly everyone of the guy's who has an old Pioneer or knows someone who does coud post it in, will set a record.
Lawrence

Last edited:
Bruce the Mac Hopf

Hi Bruce thanks for the the reply on the BrushKing.Bruce I would think that there would be some old machines like that in Ontario.I mean some of that farmland's outer edges must have had a lot of brush at one time.Could you ask around your farming community about this old machine for me.By the way some where on this site I was sure I saw a McCullough hooked up to a similar type of brush cutter ,I have tried searching on the site but to no avail.Keep me posted.Do you have pictures posted on the site?May be I'm not looking in the right places.
Thanks Lawrence

hey bruce , lawrence glad you liked the pics. soon as i can get all the bits i need to finish her off she will get a coat of paint and some new chrome to bring her right back. i dont know of anyone else having a pioneer but a mate has seen one in a town near by and he is gonna try and get it for me. he said its identical to this old girl.maybe i can have a pair
:cheers: aaron

Brush saw

Hi guys. I just got back from a week away and found a nice Pioneer P50 on my doorstep. It runs but needs some TLC. I'm thinking about rebuilding this one with a P62 cylinder kit (a 98cc upgrade) and using it for my chainsaw milling. The rest is all intact except for the AV mounts and the fuel lines. The saw is a little scratched up so maybe I'll try to paint it. It will likely be my winter project. I'll try to post some pics a little later.

Lawrence, thanks for the photos of the puller and brushcutter. The brushcutter is a fantastic setup that I never knew existed. It is a rarity which is indeed worthy of a full restoration, and a very nice find!

P-42 Info

Hello all, Just purchased my first Pioneer saw on ebay. Fired it up for the first time last night and cut some wood, it was awesome. I have 3 other saws, but they are newer Craftsman 18" and a fairly old Homelit XL 14" that was my father-in-laws (it's the wife's favorite because it's light). I was wondering if anyone could give me any specs on the saw. I found some manuals on ebay, but it will be a while before I purchase. The saw is in pretty rough condition externally, but it runs great. It came with a brand new 20" Oregon bar and a used Oregon 32" bar both with good chains. I put fuel and chain oil in and 3 pulls later it came to life. Looking forward to cutting an old oak this weekend with a few branches that the 32" bar will just make it through. BTW, this site is awesome, and after reading your posts the last few days, I think all of you are awesome also. :clap:

:greenchainsaw:

Welcome and contratulations on your purchase. Looks like you have a Pioneer/Partner P42 Western. The P-series saws were virtually unchanged after the merger between Pioneer and Partner and were even built by Poulan Pro until about 1982 after they purchased the company. Not a bad 18 year run for these indestructible saws.

The full wrap handle and the muffler that exhausts out the top rear are what make your saw the Western model. Yours would have been built around 1986. It has 65cc's of displacement (4 c.i.) and weighs just under 20 lbs. Yours may have a Walbro WJ-20 or a WJ-9 carburetor. The WJ-9 has an internal high-speed governor and requires a smaller-micron filter than the older Pioneers. The bar oiler is adjustable from underneath just in front of the clutch. To pump more oil, turn the screw counter-clockwise. You might want to check the six rubber vibration dampeners for rips. They are readily available. The Pioneers are famous for their torque and make excellent firewood saws if you are man enough to handle the weight.

Many parts are still available if you don't mind searching but cylinders, pistons and rings are difficult to find for the P42. I have yet to see a large P-series saw with a scored bore and even the oldest ones in my collection still have tons of compression.

If you need parts help or other advice, just send me a PM.
Brendon.

USAFretired

Hi
Welcome to Arboristsite.I am relativley new to this sight, but since landing here I have found loads of information.Great guy's that are willing to share there knowledge for us new to the game.May a lot of Pioneer's come your way!
Lawrence

Well, thanks to brother Jerry, I now got a few like new parts to complete my pioneer 600. :yourock:

I will post of pic when she's finished and barks again. As far as I know, this will be the first chainsaw restoration to occur in Belgium with the kind sponsorship of canadian citizens :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Jerry deserves a belgian beer and lots of rep !!!
:agree2: :cheers:

Hey Roland; Real glad to hear the parts finally showed up for your 600. Canadian mail must be the slowest form of sending a parcel to just about any location on earth. LOL .:cheers: :cheers: I have been away for a couple of weeks and upon returning home I found out my computer has crashed and lost all of the info stored in it so it has been slow going to get back up and running.

Latest posts

Back