Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
That's exactly what I did. That P60 will be almost LN with new decals, if they're even available. BTW, the P62 is already spoken for.

You can get decals at chainsawr' I think. I know they are available somewhere.

Yeah, pending me not being a deadbeat, this here old yaller saw is heading north.:rock::rock:

attachment.php

kev1n

kev1n

ArboristSite Guru
That's exactly what I did. That P60 will be almost LN with new decals, if they're even available. BTW, the P62 is already spoken for.

Good choice, somebody sure took care of that saw. It looks to be on it's second clutch. It's got the nice muffler that points down instead of at the clutch cover There's side P60 decals on ebay right now, top decals show up once in a while. There's also new full wrap bars at a fair price.
I'm looking for some type of material to rewrap my bars with, was there something you used in the past I remember reading?

Congrats Chris,woot woot:biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:

P62

ArboristSite Operative
Pioneer Decals

The decals are availible from Sugar Creek Supply.
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/228...f-100410-pdf-october-4-2010-9-37-pm-212k?da=y

I beleive Joe is the fellow supplying the others that sell them
Have gotten a few sets from him before and you can buy individual decals as you need them. I asked for a set for a P40 and he was able to make new ones. They also have decals for lots of other makes of saws. It worth taken a look. The seller on Ebay with the full wrap handle and all the other NOS parts looks like his are original Pioneer decals??

Last edited:
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Thanks, You have made my day!!! I failed to mention in my post the kit was a Pioneer/Partner #476294, with cylinder #433223 from Rottmans. They have a special note stating the skirted cylinder will not fit the Pioneer models. I was ready to give up. Thanks again, Art

I have never seen a skirted cylinder that would not fit the old yellow Pioneers. I should mention, all the cylinders I've used were Mahle. Unless Rottmans has some kind of non-Mahle cylinder, it will work fine. You may want to ask them the manufacturer. Ask for Kevin, he is the owner and will take the time to check for you. I've dealt with him many times.

kev1n

kev1n

ArboristSite Guru
The seller on Ebay with the full wrap handle and all the other NOS parts looks like his are original Pioneer decals??[/QUOTE]

Those are NOS original decals and are in great shape, they are not yellow or peeling off the paper. I just picked up a couple.
Those full wrap handles look nice and the price is right, but they look like the have a grey wrap on them.

kev1n

kev1n

ArboristSite Guru
Anybody know where I can get a coil and a flywheel for a P-52 without going to the bay? I got a basket case en route.

There was a coil and flywheel on one of those saws thomas has in the swap meet. It looked like it got ran over so the coil is probably good.

Latest posts