Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had my hands on either model, but the model number can change with the smallest changes to the saw like the chain pitch... 3/8 vs .325 or a slight difference in carbs or filters and such.

@ mckeand13;
You have a multitude of 0.325 pitch Oregon bars that'll fit including a Power Match. It's probably possible to change out the sprocket nose to solve your problem.
I'd spend a few minutes on the phone with Oregon before I committed.

Piston ring help, the ring on the left is a P60 the rings in the bag are P50. What are the rings in the middle? All came out of a bag marked pioneer rings. They are thin rings.
deze7y6u.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Just wondering what the differences are between the 1073 & 1074. Aside from optional bar lengths, I couldn't find any comparing the specs. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...8415e191e718e70588256b0000188693?OpenDocument

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6cb8b65e3260962688256b00001a7609?OpenDocument

Very little in differences, just an updated muffler and a change in the carb. Pioneer changed model numbers sometimes just for the sake of updating an existing model. Both saws take the same bar mount and can run either 3/8" or .325 as long as the sprockets match on both ends.

Piston ring help, the ring on the left is a P60 the rings in the bag are P50. What are the rings in the middle? All came out of a bag marked pioneer rings. They are thin rings.
deze7y6u.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

We would need the bore diameter, width and wall measurements. Even then, it might be impossible. Is the top ring the same diameter, or thinner than the P60 ring?

Hello...New here...Found a rotting Pioneer 1200 buried in trash in a storage shed. She won't start, but spins and puffs...Where to start.....Anyone know a good tech in Nashville, TN area?

There's plenty of great members here from TN that could fix it right up. Maybe make a thread in chainsaw with the title asking if anybody is near Nashville.
If you wanted to try fixing it yourself, we'd be happy to walk you through it. There's many members in this thread that could most likely rebuild it with their eyes closed.

There's plenty of great members here from TN that could fix it right up. Maybe make a thread in chainsaw with the title asking if anybody is near Nashville.
If you wanted to try fixing it yourself, we'd be happy to walk you through it. There's many members in this thread that could most likely rebuild it with their eyes closed.
Thanks Arrowhead! I was suprised to find so many fans of Pioneer! What encompasses the rebuild? Engine, rings....that deep?

Back