Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple months ago my 1073 wouldn't run due to lack of fuel. I finally tried pulling the packing out of the pickup housing in the tank. I've been running without since then which I know is asking for a plugged up carb.

The packing didn't look dirty but is was very dense. For whatever reason no fuel, or not enough, could pass through it.

Any recommendations on what to use to replace it? Is replacement packing available or is there a completely different, currently available, pickup I could install on the line?

Thanks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403611186.286870.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403611204.916201.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403611231.895110.jpg

Hi all,

I have a Pioneer 800 barn find saw and I need some advice. The FM recoil is locked up and I suspect the recoil spring is broken. What model saws in the Pioneer line used this recoil or other brands for that matter. I would like to get this beast running and then sell it. Thanks for the help

Steve

What is the story about the "western" Model anyhow?

At the weight to HP ratio I doubt they were used professionally, But then I do not know jack about Pioneers.

fm starters are everywhere.... try takin yours apart, cleanin, lube... if not send it to me... I got 1/2doz saws it'll fit...

Not that FM starter. Recoil pulley is far bigger than the ones you normally see--about half again larger. In any case, the 800 is off to another home.

Chris B.

Hi fellows,

I've finally got to my 3270sc with new kit, filter, lines and tanks/oiler flushed. I assume that very healthy oil pump in non adjustable? I didn't gather it is from what I read in the service manual but perhaps I am missing something (as usual). That 16" bar was sending streams of oil onto the shop floor when I was adjusting the carb. And when it sat overnight it kept on oiling with enthusiasm.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for lots of oil, but that little 16" bar is drowning.

Thanks - Cory

At the weight to HP ratio I doubt they were used professionally, But then I do not know jack about Pioneers.

The western model had the full wrap handlebar. It was a professional saw that morphed into the Poulan Pro 455.

See that search function?
It turned up these two replies. there is more discussion below these posts that I did not add.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-chainsaws.70698/page-226#post-2667919
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-chainsaws.70698/page-226#post-2667927

Rescued this package the other day. Saw, two bars, two original manuals, an old grind-n-joint sharpener (anybody use these?),...etc. They are really nice looking saws in the flesh.
Any tips on increasing the longevity of the starter assembly? I understand with the coil it is often good today, gone tomorrow. So, I gather I should start hunting for a used one before I try to start it again. I think that I think this saw shouldn't be parked on a shelf but more like parked in the butt end of a log.

Cory

image (1).jpg image (2).jpg image (3).jpg image (4).jpg image (5).jpg image (6).jpg image (7).jpg image (8).jpg

As long as the compression release is functional and you don't hang and pull the starter cord with the saw running, the starter should be fine. Ignition coils are getting quite expensive and rare. There is discussion in earlier posts about swapping out the coil on the existing lamination. It won't be stock but it'll work!
Lou

Latest posts

Back