Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well too bad that saw is not on this side of the pond, I know a guy, that could make it run smartly. Use the coil on your P51 for now and keep the 60 around, you never know when something might show up.
Pioneerguy600

Last weekend I decided to take Jerry's advice and swapped the coil to the P51. I also had to make a spacer as one cylinder stud for the coil was broken off. First time I ran a Pioneer this big and I was pretty surprized by its power....not bad at all :clap:

So now I understand why some of you like these models so much...:)

attachment.php

I am now left with a P60 needing a new coil and piston..... it looks as if the cylinder will clean up nicely after some light work.

Looks good Belgian. Hopefully you can get the P60 running. They are real fun to run.... same weight, more power.

I am now left with a P60 needing a new coil and piston..... it looks as if the cylinder will clean up nicely after some light work.

Belgian, I think I have the parts you need... send me a PM. Nice P51, one of my favorites!
Brendon.

Finally got a video of the p62 cutting. Man you can lean on these saws before they start to bog down.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo6XSEESX8o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo6XSEESX8o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last weekend I decided to take Jerry's advice and swapped the coil to the P51. I also had to make a spacer as one cylinder stud for the coil was broken off. First time I ran a Pioneer this big and I was pretty surprized by its power....not bad at all :clap:

So now I understand why some of you like these models so much...:)

attachment.php

Parts for these saws are getting harder to source out, I had a couple of leads but they have not panned out. Coils and pistons are about the hardest to find, hope Brendon can help out. The 51 and 52 are nice power units but the 60,62 and 655 are real torque machines and don`t weigh much more than the 50 series.
Pioneerguy600

Finally got a video of the p62 cutting. Man you can lean on these saws before they start to bog down.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo6XSEESX8o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo6XSEESX8o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice saw. What size sprocket are you running?

I pretty sure it's got a 7 on it. I though about puttin an 8 on it but didn't remember when I put the clutch back on.

my buddy has 2 pioneer saws he was going to give me for putting a new p/c in an 026 but when i was done he said he bought a new saw for really cheap andtold me to keep the stihl.... ive been going to ask him about the pioneers but it keeps slipping my mind

pioneerboy and lukeW

Sounds like some good stuff coming to you fellas!We really would like to see pictures of the Pioneers once you have them in your hands
Lawrence

i dont know bout where yur at but up here partners are really easy to find and so are pioneers if you look in the right places. my boss has an old wright chainsaw but i dont think hell give that up easily. the only draw back to what i got today is that i had to dig them out of an old chicken coop i think it was and there just covered in saw dust and everything but the 450 is surprisingly clean but seized it think

On ebay aus

Does anybody have one of these?,
Also is there much advertising around for the Pseries era of saws?
Thanks

DroppedP51

Well,I have not seen any Pseries advertising like that before! Ebay has some advertising stuff once in awhile.Usually from advertising sellers and poster sellers,manual sellers,those types of sellers.I have a few things collected so far.
Lawrence

Back